All New Football Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
He shite end of,get rid.Why is that so hard for you to understand ? Gregory,Perason could not be any worse,you can't get worse than total failure

:icon_lol::icon_lol: Wait and see! Do you honestly beleive it can't get any worse!!

Are you seriously trying to suggest Pearsons record suggests he would be better than Holloway?

:icon_lol::icon_lol: Wait and see! Do you honestly beleive it can't get any worse!!

Are you seriously trying to suggest Pearsons record suggests he would be better than Holloway?

Well he managed to keep his bunch of failing misfits in the Championship

Holloway didn't

There's a start for you

So he takes us down to Div 2 but theres nobody better so we keep him? Mad as Shithouse Rats the pair of you.

If there was someone even remotely better, then of course get rid. But if in all likeliness the replacement is even worse, than what have we achieved by sacking him?

Why can't you understand that I think Holloway is hopeless,its my opinion.Nobody could be worse,they could be equally as bad but not worse.

Well he managed to keep his bunch of failing misfits in the Championship

Holloway didn't

There's a start for you

Did he manage to keep them in the division? or did George Burley and the good start they had to the season keep them in the division?

Why can't you understand that I think Holloway is hopeless,its my opinion.Nobody could be worse,they could be equally as bad but not worse.

I 100% accept your opinion. What I am struggling to understnad is the logic that you get rid regardless of whether someone with better credentials can be found. If you end up £500k lighter and with someone of equal ability where is the progress? Thats all I want to understand.

Did he manage to keep them in the division? or did George Burley and the good start they had to the season keep them in the division?

Well he was certainly the manager when they got eight points out of their last five games to keep them up - so I would suggest it was he

I 100% accept your opinion. What I am struggling to understnad is the logic that you get rid regardless of whether someone with better credentials can be found. If you end up £500k lighter and with someone of equal ability where is the progress? Thats all I want to understand.

But its not me hiring them,its Milan Mandaric and he has a lot more money than me.Money isn't the issue for him its finding a Manager who will bring him and the Club success.Holloway couldn''t string two wins together let alone success

Last edited:
I think you may have to reassess that in a few months :icon_wink

I won't because even if we are bottom I believe it would only equal where we would be under Holloway,his record at LCFc was nothing short of appalling

I'm with Highland on this one. I liked Ollie, but I witnessed that last game of the season and it can only be put down to tactics as to why we didn't win that game. We had a couple of chances towards the end of the game, but only after he'd put Hume up front. Why wasn't he playing there all game? Because Ollie put him on the wing. I firmly believe that if Hume had been up front with Steve H from the start, we probably would have scored 2 or 3. But he wasn't so we didn't.
I don't particularly care what other's credentials are - they haven't managed LCFC yet. Ollie has and he failed dismally and played rubbish tactics to boot. If the tactics were good and players goosed it up, then fair enough, but it wasn't the players. Not really. As far as I'm concerned, he deserved to go based on that game alone.
Whoever else we get may have rubbish credentials, but I won't be upset at the loss of Ollie and will never say "ollie would have done better" when the new guy fails, because I firmly believe that he wouldn't.
And like I say, I was pro-ollie.

I'm with Highland on this one. I liked Ollie, but I witnessed that last game of the season and it can only be put down to tactics as to why we didn't win that game. We had a couple of chances towards the end of the game, but only after he'd put Hume up front. Why wasn't he playing there all game? Because Ollie put him on the wing. I firmly believe that if Hume had been up front with Steve H from the start, we probably would have scored 2 or 3. But he wasn't so we didn't.
I don't particularly care what other's credentials are - they haven't managed LCFC yet. Ollie has and he failed dismally and played rubbish tactics to boot. If the tactics were good and players goosed it up, then fair enough, but it wasn't the players. Not really. As far as I'm concerned, he deserved to go based on that game alone.
Whoever else we get may have rubbish credentials, but I won't be upset at the loss of Ollie and will never say "ollie would have done better" when the new guy fails, because I firmly believe that he wouldn't.
And like I say, I was pro-ollie.

Absolutely spot on

Take a glance out our mouthwatering fixtures for the forthcoming season, and that gives you 46 miserable reasons why Holloway shouldn't be anywhere near our feckin' football club

And that applies even if we did appoint Gregory - who I despise with a passion

The man has failed at LCFC - more so than any other manager in our whole history. For that reason alone, his name should never be mentioned again

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58