All New Football Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes you think he's better?

Anyone is better than DJ Campbell

That is why two or three Championship clubs are (allegedly) looking to spend only a miserly million quid or so on him

If it was Sappleton or Fryatt, I'm pretty sure that they would be looking to spend three or four times that amount, if not more

That is why two or three Championship clubs are (allegedly) looking to spend only a miserly million quid or so on him

If it was Sappleton or Fryatt, I'm pretty sure that they would be looking to spend three or four times that amount, if not more

I don't know if Campbell is any good or not, it's difficult to judge a striker playing in a team that doesn't create any chances.

But his record at Brentford was poor until he went on a scoring run in a handful of games, which got him his move to Birmingham.

He scored 4 goals in his first 22 games, until January when he scored 8 in 6, and then didn't score again for the rest of the season.

Maybe the 8 in 6 is what he's capable of, with the right service. Or maybe it was just a fluke and he'll never be a regular goalscorer.

Said scoring run including a high profile FA Cup game, if I remember rightly. Your stats, and what I've seen of him, suggest that the burst was the exception rather than the rule. I did think Campbell was a player who wouldn't interest Championship clubs, and that we'd be lining up with him and Hayles up front.

Kabba to Leicester by Friday for £400 k with Campbell coming the other way for £750 k

Wouldn't be a bad signing.
edit just seen his goalscoring record its awful.

Last edited:
Fryatt featured in 30 league games last season and scored 2 goals

DJ featured in 28 league games and scored 4 goals.

If DJ is shite and needs to be got rid of then so does Fryatt!

Sell DJ, we have got Reneil Sappleton who is a better player and younger, i think DJ and Fryatt did fcuk all last season, espically Fryatt missed so many golden chances to score.

Howard, Sappleton, Mckay, and another 1/2 Fowards is good

Ha Ha :081::081:

You haven't seen him play then?!

Fryatt featured in 30 league games last season and scored 2 goals

DJ featured in 28 league games and scored 4 goals.

If DJ is shite and needs to be got rid of then so does Fryatt!

I don't think anyone is claiming either are any good. That's like choosing between a giant douche or a turd sandwich.

Last edited:

Please tell me your not suggesting Fryatt is worth between 3-4 MILLION pounds.

I have said that with pace and a slightly quicker brain, he would be playing at a higher level already, but then if I was better than I am by a million times, quicker with a great first touch and an eye for goal or a killer pass, then you never know!! (yes we do!!)

Last edited:
Please tell me your not suggesting Fryatt is worth between 3-4 MILLION pounds.

I have said that with pace and a slightly quicker brain, he would be playing at a higher level already, but then if I was better than I am by a milion times, quicker with a great first touch and an eye for goal or a killer pass, then you never know!! (yes we do!!)

Ch4mbo, mate, i think homer may have been being sarcastic towards the blue mongies of the forum. You will get used to it.

Ch4mbo, mate, i think homer may have been being sarcastic towards the blue mongies of the forum. You will get used to it.

Now I feel an Arse, the times i've sat here reading people's responce's thinking to my self "you numpty, they're taking the pith"

Teaches me a lesson anyway, read at least 3 or more pages before bitting! Sorry Homer!

Now I feel an Arse, the times i've sat here reading people's responce's thinking to my self "you numpty, they're taking the pith"

Teaches me a lesson anyway, read at least 3 or more pages before bitting! Sorry Homer!

Dont fecking apologise to him you will only make his head even bigger!

Homer? Surely not? :icon_wink

Homer would never be sarcastic..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669