All New Football Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howard and Campbell backed up by Fryatt would clearly be the best striking partnership in the division, without question. Sell the pair of them and sign 2 starlets from the conference though, its the way to go :icon_roll

Absolutely nothing clear about that whatsoever.

Got to say Alex that Steve Howard is a proven goalscorer in this League. 20+ goals a season for Luton in consecutive seasons, Golden Boot one season I think..

We've got a different manager with a different motivational style, different tactics and a new squad including traditional wingers who can certainly perform at this level. Why shouldn't Howard deliver?

I agree with you, I would be less happy selling Howard than Campbell.

Campbell may look good - occasionally; but he doesn't score enough goals - and he never has. We could replace his likely tally for far less than £1.5 million, and if we used the whole amount, I am sure that we could lure a respectable scorer.

Not for me - he's had too many chances already

Campbell has had one season, where he started in less than half of the games, in a season of disaster. And at least he has got pace

We'd be crazy to get rid

If we were still in the Championship I would agree but I suspect he might be rather decent in League One.

Sell them all

I hear there's some bloke in the conference who once scored a dozen goals or so that we could get, and some chappie who once played for Lithuania under 21s- that's the way to go

Onwards and upwards. Come on Citeh :038:

Sell them all

I hear there's some bloke in the conference who once scored a dozen goals or so that we could get, and some chappie who once played for Lithuania under 21s- that's the way to go

Nuneaton Borough going bust could be a good send for us. Loads of players looking for clubs. We can have second pickings now Hinckley have finished with them.

Last edited:
Sell them all

Lithuania you say?

Sell them all

Do you have any YouTube links for this Lithuanian? Heard he was voted best young player when he was 11, should tear this league apart!

The best he's achieved is 12 goals in a season.

Yes but if we sell him then all the money goes in to MMs pocket and he's the best chance we have of getting goals next term. Stop it Jeff please.

Sell DJ, we have got Reneil Sappleton who is a better player and younger, i think DJ and Fryatt did fcuk all last season, espically Fryatt missed so many golden chances to score.

Howard, Sappleton, Mckay, and another 1/2 Fowards is good

Stop the facts, unless they make DJ look as prolific as Torres.

Nobody has ever said that - in fact I think everyone agrees the bloke was shite last year, along with the rest of the shower

It's all about what we have at the club right now, playing at this level - and he looks (to me) a better bet than anything else we have

But hey, there's still that bloke from the conference, and the Lithuanian is making his way by donkey as we speak

I think DJ Campbell is over rated and would get rid at the first oppurtunity.iSnce Martin Allen left he doesn't seem interested

Last edited:
Nobody has ever said that - in fact I think everyone agrees the bloke was shite last year, along with the rest of the shower

It's all about what we have at the club right now, playing at this level - and he looks (to me) a better bet than anything else we have

But hey, there's still that bloke from the conference, and the Lithuanian is making his way by donkey as we speak

But he's 38 and there are no YouTube vids.... no thank you, not for me :018::icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669