All New Football Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, the Championship rivals thing is still fecking hilarious.
Not too concerned about the DJ part. We're being linked with all sorts of dodgy ****s since the Ramsey money arrived.

Heard you linked with howard too.

You watch you sign them both and they are prolific.

I don't recall Dudley & Howard ever starting together.

Could work that one.

And who the feck would we replace him with ?

Doesn't matter Homer. Everyone just seems pleased that uncle Mandy is lining his pockets with lots of transfer cash that we will never be able to spend whilst in this league.

Doesn't matter Homer. Everyone just seems pleased that uncle Mandy is lining his pockets with lots of transfer cash that we will never be able to spend whilst in this league.

I just don't understand some people, I really don't

Campbell may have been a tad feckin' useless last season, but he is far better than anything else we have, and far better (in my opinion) than anything we are likely to sign

Same goes for Howard

It's just mental

I'm sorry, but £1.5m for Dj Campbell? Take the money. Absolutely.

Although, I would prefer it if he stayed and banged the goals in for fun next season, for sure. But I think that's as likely as Howard, Fryatt, Chambers, Sappleton, Dodds doing it.....Nicky Maynard would cost about £1m perhaps? A proven goalscorer in this league..

But the money goes straight into Milan's pocket - or in a brown envelope for some agent when we sign some completely unknown foreign tosser in another 'major transfer coup'

It's complete madness, alex

And don't mention that feckin' fat useless wanker Fryatt, for fecks sake

Don't tell me - he'll be great at this level, he did it for Walsall :icon_roll

I just don't understand some people, I really don't

Campbell may have been a tad feckin' useless last season, but he is far better than anything else we have, and far better (in my opinion) than anything we are likely to sign

Same goes for Howard

It's just mental

Howard and Campbell backed up by Fryatt would clearly be the best striking partnership in the division, without question. Sell the pair of them and sign 2 starlets from the conference though, its the way to go :icon_roll

But the money goes straight into Milan's pocket - or in a brown envelope for some agent when we sign some completely unknown foreign tosser in another 'major transfer coup'

Don't tell me - he'll be great at this level, he did it for Walsall
:icon_roll

DJ did nothing more than Fryatt last season so what is the difference?

He was superb for us Drypants. I hope he is for you.
Just what we need, another 30+ year old striker. 11 goals in last 57 league starts. I hope you get him back Allickspants.

Last edited:

Don't tell me - he'll be great at this level, he did it for Walsall :icon_roll

I don't get this sudden faith in DJ Campbell, what has he done to convince you he is any better than any other 'striker' at our League One club?

Where the money goes is conjecture. I suppose if the only option is DJ or MM getting money then the argument is obvious, but I am unconvinced this is the case.

Fryatt as backup would be acceptable IMO.

Not for me - he's had too many chances already

Campbell has had one season, where he started in less than half of the games, in a season of disaster. And at least he has got pace

We'd be crazy to get rid

Although, I would prefer it if he stayed and banged the goals in for fun next season, for sure. But I think that's as likely as Howard, Fryatt, Chambers, Sappleton, Dodds doing it.....Nicky Maynard would cost about £1m perhaps? A proven goalscorer in this league..

Got to say Alex that Steve Howard is a proven goalscorer in this League. 20+ goals a season for Luton in consecutive seasons, Golden Boot one season I think..

We've got a different manager with a different motivational style, different tactics and a new squad including traditional wingers who can certainly perform at this level. Why shouldn't Howard deliver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00