Vardy
Lineker

S

Schmeichel
Osman
Izzet
Lennon
Rooooooosterrrrrrr

Emotional picking of a few players there who provided such memories for me! I would imagine Madders will be in there v soon.

Wallington

Ricardo
Morgan
Elliot
Chilwell

Mahrez
Peake
Kante
Guppy

Vardy
Lineker

S

Schmeichel
Osman
Izzet
Lennon
Rooooooosterrrrrrr

Emotional picking of a few players there who provided such memories for me! I would imagine Madders will be in there v soon.

No Stephen Hughes !!!!!!!??????????

A spontaneous answer...

Head says:
Kasper Schmeichel

Christian Fuchs
Matt Elliot
Robert Huth
Danny Simpson

Riyad Mahrez
Ngolo Kante
Muzzy Izzet
Marc Albrighton

Jamie Vardy
Emile Heskey

Heart says:
Kasper Schmeichel

Christian Fuchs
Steve Walsh
Wes Morgan
Gary Mills

Tommy Wright
Muzzy Izzet
Neil Lennon
Steve Guppy

Jamie Vardy
Emile Heskey

Lots of the same names coming up so I’ll do a ‘smashing bunch of lads XI’... some of my favourite cult heroes;

Pegguy

Wasilewski
Tunchev
Elliott
Powell

Joey
Cambiasso
King

Ferdinand
Ulloa
Gunnlaugsson*

*I don’t know why but I ****ing loved Arnie when I was a kid. I couldn’t have seen him play more than a dozen games for us but he was my favourite player after Muzzy. He was the last sticker I needed to complete the Leicester page of my sticker album for the 2000/2001 season and when I got him I couldn’t bring myself to stick him in because I was so convinced that the sticker would be worth something..... It’s funny how your mind works at that age. Oh to be 24 again.....

Keller
Kaarmark Elliott Huth
Lennon Mauchlen
Mahrez MacAlister Guppy
Vardy Heskey
Subs: Flowers, Steerman, Chilwell, Kante, Joey, Albrighton, Smith

*I don’t know why but I ****ing loved Arnie when I was a kid. I couldn’t have seen him play more than a dozen games for us but he was my favourite player after Muzzy.

Booooooom

Glad it wasn't just me. I loved the bloke and couldn't understand why the hell MON didn't play him. When he came on it was like the most exciting thing to ever happen.

Keller?

****ing Hell JB.
I've not picked the players I thought were the best but of whom I was the biggest fan of - isn't that the point of this? In terms of technical ability I don't imagine anyone but Banks, Shilton, Worthington or Lineker would have a chance of dislodging the best of the players we've had since 2015 and I never saw any of them in a City shirt.

Booooooom

Glad it wasn't just me. I loved the bloke and couldn't understand why the hell MON didn't play him. When he came on it was like the most exciting thing to ever happen.

This.

Shilton
Ricardo
Fuchs
Morgan
Huth
Kante
McAllister
Weller
Mahrez
Lineker
Vardy

Mahrez will have to play on the left.
Not sure Lineker and Vardy could play in the same team. Maybe Lineker and Smith up front. They did so well together. But how can I leave Vardy out?
And there's no room for Frank Worthington. That can't be right.
What about Walsh and Elliott?
And where's Izzet?

This is too difficult. Can I have a squad of 25?

When I saw the thread title I immediately thought my supporting career spans from Lineker to Vardy and can I pick them both together? But both have to be in there.

I’m going to have to give this some thought. Amazing to think that five years ago I’d never imagine doing this without Muzzy or Lennie.

And to go for best or favourite?

This might be controversial but I think in a genuine best XI there would be zero O’Neill players. I also think Kasper only gets in if you, like me, are not old enough to have seen Shilton and Banks.

This might be controversial but I think in a genuine best XI there would be zero O’Neill players. I also think Kasper only gets in if you, like me, are not old enough to have seen Shilton and Banks.

Not even Muzzeh and Heskeh in their prime?

Booooooom

He could twat a football. I’ve got a vivid memory of him bending the ball into the top corner of the net at Filbo which always look really weird because they were such a funny shape. Can’t remember who it was against or if it actually happened though.

I had a football net in the garden when I was a nipper and I used to stretch the net tight and line bricks up along the bottom of it to keep it nice and springy with a slope like the goals at Filbo. This wore holes in the net eventually and one morning I found a dead hedgehog hanging by the neck tangled up in the string. I had to get fat Bob from next door to come and disentangle it and chuck it in the bin. Happy days but you can’t go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566