All time Leicester 11...

Status
Not open for further replies.

city-faithful

...in a desperate bid to buy votes in this years TB Awards I thought I'd start a thread dedicated to board members all time City squad. Mine'd be :-

GK Shilton

RB Rowett
CB McLintock
CB Nish
LB Thatcher

RW Weller
CM Izzet
CM Lennon
LW Guppy

ST Rowley
ST Large

Yeah, Rowett and Thatcher because I have memories of admiring those players quite a bit. I always thought Rowett was the consumate professional, and seldom seemed to make mistakes. Thatcher I admired for his grit and his technical quality. However, he turned out to be a thug. Still, justified selection in my eyes.

Nish at CB as well is not a position I always associate with him
and Large as life Frank was I would never make him striker in an alltime City XI

Completely subjective view, innit. Always drilled into me that Large was a cracking striker, and any videos I've seen of him he's always appeared good.

Assuming it was based on reputation the cliche line-up would probably be something like:

Banks

Nish
S. Walsh
Cross
McLintock

Weller
D. Gibson
S. Smith

Rowley
Lineker
Chandler

Though little is known about many of the pre-60s players, bar the really famous ones, so it's basically ignoring the majority of the club's history, obviously rendering it useless.

If it was based on players I can really remember, since I started really understanding football's dynamics as a spectator sport (around 2004-ish) it'd probably just be the line-up from the past couple of seasons. As anything before that I've put some kind of mental block over.

Last edited:
Rab Douglas

John Curtis
Steve Howey
Martin Keown
Jamie Clapham

Josh Lowe
Harry "of course he can play midfield" Worley
Junior Lewis
Joe Hammill

Nathan Blake
Tricky Trev

Subs: Gabor Bori, Carl Cort, Rufus Brevett, Adda Djezieri, Jason Jarrett, Luigi Glombard, Elvis Hammond (ankle)

Barry Hayles

Barry Hayles
Barry Hayles
Barry Hayles
Barry Hayles

Barry Hayles
Barry Hayles
Barry Hayles
Barry Hayles

Barry Hayles
Barry Hayles

I dream of this.

Barry Hayles

Barry Hayles
Barry Hayles
Barry Hayles
Barry Hayles

Barry Hayles
Barry Hayles
Barry Hayles
Barry Hayles

Barry Hayles
Barry Hayles

I dream of this.

I think we all dream of that

tbh I dont think anyone is really in a position to judge this. I only started going down city in 94-95 and didn't really have decent understanding of the game till the latter MON years. I haven't seen so many great players play for city that I don't think I'd be in any position to comment.

So long as Muzzy, Joey and Deano are in the team the other eight hardly matter.

Could a Mod please change the thread title to something more reflective of the criticism my 11 is recieving. Something like 'Criticism of City-Faithful's lacklustre LCFC 11...'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670