All time Leicester 11...

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Criticism of City-Faithful's lacklustre LCFC 11...

Could a Mod please change the thread title to something more reflective of the criticism my 11 is recieving. Something like 'Criticism of City-Faithful's lacklustre LCFC 11...'

Well it was a bit rash!

all time leicester 11

roy cropper
lempit opbik
rusty lee
green grass
dave bartrum
bettie hot pot
julie ectingham
gary newbon
the dna bloke
any attenborough
her who owns the factory in corrie (mum lives in kirby muxloe)

subs tbc

Isn't dickie a chelsea fan?

The weird guy (who banged fizz......*shudder*) in corrie is from Hinckley.

Manish Bashin (sp?) the guy offa the football league show.

The Best that I'v seen play would be

Keller

Guppy
Taggart
Walsh
Elliott
Naughton

Izzet
Lennon
King

Hesky
Collymore

Subs: Walker, Prior, Savage, Deane, Dickov

Worst would be

Kalac

McGivern
Howey
Laurson
Curtis

Morris
Lewis
Johnson
Low

Cort
Hammond

Subs: Pressman, Makin, Hignett, Blake, Hayles

Keller

Guppy
Taggart
Walsh
Elliott
Naughton

Izzet
Lennon
King

Hesky
Collymore

Worst would be

Kalac

McGivern
Howey
Laurson
Curtis

Morris
Lewis
Johnson
Low

Cort
Hammond

Subs: Pressman, Makin, Hignett, Blake, Hayles

I would suggest Collymore might make it in both teams.
The Collymore who played against Sunderland soon after he arrived was superb.
The Collymore who was sulking because he was not given a pay rise after about a dozen games was the only player I believe was deliberately trying to play badly.

Arguably Collymore was as talented as Worthington and Lineker. However, they were superb over several seasons and not just one game.

I would not choose King for two reasons. One is that unlike Lennon and Muzzy he has not proved himself at the highest level - he may yet do that. The second reason is that he is too similar and therefore on your criteria of recent players I would pick Guppy. If older players are to be included then Weller was way ahead of Guppy and the most exciting Leicester player I have ever seen.

Keller

Guppy
Taggart
Walsh
Elliott
Naughton

Izzet
Lennon
King

Hesky
Collymore

I'd go pretty similar, except probably Savage in for King. Sav was my favourite player when he was here. I'd probably go for Cottee in there too. And Kaamark insted of Prior.

Basically Martin O'Neill's team, which I guess isn't suprising. When I wrote out my shit team yesterday, there were a lot more shit players to pick from the 15 years or so I can remember of football than good ones here unfortunately.

Oh, maybe Flowers for Keller too? I remember Flowers being good for us...

I would suggest Collymore might make it in both teams.
The Collymore who played against Sunderland soon after he arrived was superb.
The Collymore who was sulking because he was not given a pay rise after about a dozen games was the only player I believe was deliberately trying to play badly.

Arguably Collymore was as talented as Worthington and Lineker. However, they were superb over several seasons and not just one game.

I would not choose King for two reasons. One is that unlike Lennon and Muzzy he has not proved himself at the highest level - he may yet do that. The second reason is that he is too similar and therefore on your criteria of recent players I would pick Guppy. If older players are to be included then Weller was way ahead of Guppy and the most exciting Leicester player I have ever seen.

Collymore is for me the most exciting player leicester have had in my time, i was thrilled before he'd even kicked a ball, and buzzing after his early performances. No other player has made me feel anywhere close to that.

Guppy was in my team.

I'd go pretty similar, except probably Savage in for King. Sav was my favourite player when he was here. I'd probably go for Cottee in there too. And Kaamark insted of Prior.

Basically Martin O'Neill's team, which I guess isn't suprising. When I wrote out my shit team yesterday, there were a lot more shit players to pick from the 15 years or so I can remember of football than good ones here unfortunately.

Oh, maybe Flowers for Keller too? I remember Flowers being good for us...

I loved savage, but in King i see a great footballing brain, his choice of runs and timing are top class, the best prospect i can recall.

It was tough choosing between the Goal Keepers, Pick any of the three from a hat i think

I used to have football posters all around my room, and on the biggest bit of wall, next to my bed, I had our team set out in the 3-5-2 formation in posters.

Had Keller in goal, with Elliott, Walshy, Kaamark in defence. Guppy and Savage as wingbacks. Bit poster of Zagorakis in the middle, from one of the matchday programmes, with Cottee and Heskey up front. In between the Cottee and Heskey posters was the current squad photo, which I think I got each season from being in the "Pepsi Junior Foxes". The squad photo was the only one to ever get updated really.

I miss that team

Because people remember different eras the thread is absurd but enjoyable.

Therefore I will be absurdly pedantic and claim any best Leicester XI should include Billy Wright.

Billy Wright reached 105 caps in an era when there were far fewer internationals and no substitutes. England had a team and not a squad. He had an incredible
70 consecutive appearances for England and would probably have made a world XI as a centreback.

And he was a Leicester player - though I am being pedantic as it was wartime when he played for us.
No I did not see him play for us though I did see him play for Wolves, his other club.

Obviously I can't judge players who played before I could watch them, this would be >my< XI:

Shilton

Kaamark Elliott Walsh Ullathorne

Izett Lennon McCallister Guppy

Lineker Smith
The bench:
Keller
Taggart
Savage
Heskey

I will be absurdly pedantic and claim any best Leicester XI should include Billy Wright.

It's not in any way at all 'pedantic'. You could maybe argue that it's absurd, but it couldn't possibly be pedantic.

Jas123

thewhites
David Gwilliam
syd
Innocent

Steven
Realist
Joe_Fox
Kingy_85

Harbro-Fox
Rich B

The winning team.....