Allen Gone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post Beesfan, nice to hear the views of someone from one of MA's former clubs, you spoiled it at the end by mentioning Colin Wanker (Neil Warnock) don't want to have any association between him and LCFC.
I make no apology for that. When MA left us, a certain Leroy Rosenior was appointed manager, nicest guy you could meet but his only experience in league one was getting relegated with Torquay. Sadly for us at the time we didn't have the Torquay chairmen (or for that matter Mandaric!) in charge and he wasn't sacked after 10 minutes/3 games. and it took something like 14 games for without a win for him to be sacked! No-one could talk/criticise him it seemed without a mandatory 'nice guy' tag attached...moral of the story: get a dickhead in charge and win promotion...nice guys don't always win.

Interesting post from the BBC message board thingy:

This is a subject which i can speak about from more of an insiders view than most, Im not a Leicester fan, nor do i live anywhere near Leicester but i am good friends with some of the staff, players at the club. And firstly can i say how magnificent your ground and facilities at the training ground are. I understand most of the comments about Allen being lively and promising etc... which he is. but what people who arent that close to the club wont know is that he upset a lot of people in many different ways from day one and sometimes if not all the time, the club is bigger than the man. for example... as you may be aware Leicester Youth Academy were crowned FA Academy League Champions last year beating the likes of Arsenal etc.... so they have argueably the best youth setup in England. I am a believer of if it isnt broke dont fix it. Allen wanted to revamp the whole structure of this, the chairman didnt (why would he, they're very successful) Also, he installed things at the training ground that people didnt agree with. Leicester City is more than just a football team, it is a business and a community provider and Allen wanted to interfere with this also, the chairman wanted it to stay the same, again because it is working well. the main factor in all of this is the fact that the players didnt like the manager, his ways or his ethos, the chairman realised this and acted on it. I personally think the chairman has done the right thing, nothing against Martin Allen but i feel that his ethos wasnt right to take a club like Leicester Forward.
Just my opinion, but thought i should share it.

From a Brentford fan this afternoon -
''
This is exactly why MA will never make it at the top level - he wants to exercise control over every aspect of a club, his ego is too large and he has a tendancy to bully. That worked at Brentford where there wasn't the infrastructure (or the will) to place boundaries around his influence, and the players didn't have the same financial independance, but it was never going to be a model he could impose on a bigger club. At Brentford he pretty much controlled the PR and even chose the kit design and the music the team ran out to. At Leicester, according to a story on one of our messageboards (so appropriate caution to be applied ) he told the PR team that he didn't need them as he knew all there was to know about marketing anyway.....except not in so many words......''

I didnt like to say this earlier, but I thought MA was a bit too big for his boots.

i vaguely remember reading a member of staff talked about allens first meeting with them and said something along the lines of ' youve heard of FIFA now theres FIFO - fit in or feck off'

I went to the questions and answers nights, it did seem like the players thought he was strange.

When MA said something they'd all look at each other as if to say WTF.

So MM made a mistake in appointing him in the first place. Who's to say he wont make the same mistake again, again and again. After all, his previous track record of appointments is tremendous. :icon_roll

So MM made a mistake in appointing him in the first place. Who's to say he wont make the same mistake again, again and again. After all, his previous track record of appointments is tremendous. :icon_roll

You're right, lets get rid of MM

Whereas the track record of the previous LCFC regime was spot on........:icon_roll

Last edited:
I went to the questions and answers nights, it did seem like the players thought he was strange.

When MA said something they'd all look at each other as if to say WTF.

I think he realised he lost the players at Forest during the first half, he was ranting and raving and they already didn't want to work for him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00