Allen Gone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whereas the track record of the previous LCFC regime was spot on........

Which is completely insignificant now, MM is here and it's his choice....

Just to clear things up, I'm remaining impartial on my opinion of MM until the next manager is appointed.

Which is completely insignificant now, MM is here and it's his choice....

Just to clear things up, I'm remaining impartial on my opinion of MM until the next manager is appointed.

Thank God you cleared that up.

Thank God you cleared that up.

Well considering words were being put in my mouth, it needed clearing up. :icon_roll

Yet another prime example of 'big sheads' and this place........

Last edited:
From a Brentford fan this afternoon -
''
This is exactly why MA will never make it at the top level - he wants to exercise control over every aspect of a club, his ego is too large and he has a tendancy to bully. That worked at Brentford where there wasn't the infrastructure (or the will) to place boundaries around his influence, and the players didn't have the same financial independance, but it was never going to be a model he could impose on a bigger club. At Brentford he pretty much controlled the PR and even chose the kit design and the music the team ran out to. At Leicester, according to a story on one of our messageboards (so appropriate caution to be applied ) he told the PR team that he didn't need them as he knew all there was to know about marketing anyway.....except not in so many words......''
Wouldn't surprise me if it's true although reading something on a message board isn't fact. At Brentford he came in the eyes of many people saved the club from going under by keeping them up probably made him think he had license to control (and also the fact there was change of the board/directors etc.) The fact he was able to deal with things like the PR and media (his updates and gardening analogies were amusing for a while) proved how convincing he can be and probably how 2 faced he could be as well.

Thought Milan's eyes looked a bit sore and weepy on the interview i saw yesterday

just watched mm on ssn and he was discussing the sacking with three fans.he feels he has had to make this decision for the good of lcfc, and would do it again untill we get where we need to be.also said you have to trust me on this.

i feel he is commited to getting lcfc back in the prem, what with his investment and his positive attitude.i will give my full backing to mm by way of going to as many games as possible.

so there thats what im going to do.
what are the rest of you going to do, keep moaning untill you eventually forget what your moaning about, choose another club to support or back this chairman and his decisions.

i also believe if you want stability for the forseable future you get used to the idea of neil warnock as the next manager.it will happen, believe me.

The interview with Hume on the OS is interesting. He talks about the incident with Clive Clarke collapsing and then says "things have then obviously happened behind the scenes which have led to the manager and his assistants leaving...."

He just may have let us know that something did happen on Tuesday that was the final straw for Milan.

i also believe if you want stability for the forseable future you get used to the idea of neil warnock as the next manager.it will happen, believe me.

What are you basing this bold assertion on Biff?
Bloke down the pub tell you? A source close to the chairman?
Or is it just wild speculation?

Why should we believe you out of all the other madness that's been posted on here?

The interview with Hume on the OS is interesting. He talks about the incident with Clive Clarke collapsing and then says "things have then obviously happened behind the scenes which have led to the manager and his assistants leaving...."

He just may have let us know that something did happen on Tuesday that was the final straw for Milan.

Erm, if they were behind the scenes that means 'behind the scenes' not in the chuffing changing rooms. This sort of speculation is offensive in the extreme.

We all know the sacking had been lined up well in advance (see the Mirror Milan's mouth piece from the previous week) and Notts F isn't connected in any way.

Erm, if they were behind the scenes that means 'behind the scenes' not in the chuffing changing rooms. This sort of speculation is offensive in the extreme.

We all know the sacking had been lined up well in advance (see the Mirror Milan's mouth piece from the previous week) and Notts F isn't connected in any way.

There was no suggestion or speculation that something happened in the chuffing changing rooms. I am merely posing the question that the choice of word "LED" just MAY imply that something or some action MAY have been the straw that broke the camels back.

Hardly offensive in the extreme unless you know different.

Absolutely agree: if anything untoward had happened in the changing room then the national press would be on it like ferrets up a drain.

My guess is that disagreement about transfer policy was the key issue with Milan unhappy about the sort of players Allen was bringing in i.e. mainly ordinary stock that would have landed us around mid table at the very best. We would all have liked to believe that the Watford game was the benchmark but like as not it wasn't. It wont have helped Allen's cause that he may have been seen as tactically outwitted in most of the football this season.

Finally, his behaviour is definitely "quirky" and whilst that might appeal to some fans no doubt it would have got on Milan's and other peoples nerves who worked with him on a day to day basis over a period of time.

What are you basing this bold assertion on Biff?
Bloke down the pub tell you? A source close to the chairman?
Or is it just wild speculation?

Why should we believe you out of all the other madness that's been posted on here?
macky i cant tell you,have to kill you and all that.just wait and see :icon_wink

Someone I know was talking to Weso last night - apparently he didn't even know MA had been sacked until he told him, although the players did know MA had a meeting with MM at midday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669