Allen Gone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macky

Gruntled Member
Why are people so hung up on this yes man theory.

What happens drew is that somebody posts their assumption that this is the reason he was sacked, other people then read this and accept it as an established fact.

Fox Fan

I wonder what really happened in the dressing room last night?

One of the rumours circulating last night was that MA had twatted one of the players.....

Facts about what happened need to be aired.

But on the radio this evening it stated confidentiality agreements had been signed, so that tells us something bad has happened and MA walked away with the comfort the reasons will never come out

If Martin had 'Twatted' someone I seriously doubt the players would have come out for the team talk at the end of the tunnel, I also imagine some of the players would have gone for Martin (Kisnorbo loves a good fight).

It seems pretty clear that there is far far more to this than we currently know, but until the inevitable PM starts going around we will just have to wait to find out.

Graz

If Martin had 'Twatted' someone I seriously doubt the players would have come out for the team talk at the end of the tunnel, I also imagine some of the players would have gone for Martin (Kisnorbo loves a good fight).

It seems pretty clear that there is far far more to this than we currently know, but until the inevitable PM starts going around we will just have to wait to find out.

When it does... I'd like one please ;)

Mikeoadby

speculation is akin to ejaculation in that only a few may enjoy it at the time of its occurrence and only rarely is it productive - I only tried it 3 times and have 4 kids

Fox Fan

When it does... I'd like one please ;)

Me too!

On a serious note though - if he had punched someone (i.e. Clive) then Martin would currently be sitting in one of Nottingham's lovely police stations.

consty

.....We could see this coming from a long way off though with the press having obviously got their sources right on this one....

For a few days now I have been saying why the rumours of an impending dismissal were VERY likely to be true and why the press should have been taken seriosuly on this one. As the poster above says, the media 'got their sources right on this one'. I pointed it out and the reasons in advance. I wish it wasn't so, but it was and is.
The club will move on, but at this point in time I am very much opposed to this decision. We can all be sure the dismissal was not for football reasons, it was for 'things behind the scenes' as many have said here (& John Barber too on RL). If the much muted 'things behind the scenes' equate to MM having real evidence that MA was 'a mad dog' for real, then this decision can be justified. But after just 3 league games one is left wondering just WHAT could have been so alarming about MA's behaviour so soon to merit this very speedy decision. And if there was nothing very much, then it could only have largely been down to the owner's clash of wills with the manager.

Last edited:

Innocent

Banned
We can all be sure the dismissal was not for football reasons, it was for 'things behind the scenes' as many have said here (& John Barber too on RL). If the much muted 'things behind the scenes' equate to MM having real evidence that MA was 'a mad dog' for real, then this decision can be justified.

MA is a pit-bull/Jack Russell cross. MM is a Doberman. The first can be attractive, showy and apparently friendly, if aggressive at times, is mouthy,does amusing tricks, but is pretty stupid and apt to bite when it's best to stay in muzzle. The second is canny, measured, and deadly when crossed. These two dogs are best placed in different kennels.
I don't for a moment think that something physical went on last night. But I have a shrewd suspicion,more than that, that something else did.
The Doberman had to act quickly, because the damage was maybe getting too costly. So it grabbed a throat.
I don't like either of them.
I feel sorry for the mongrels who have to play for us, and are so anxious to please.
I feel sorry for us lurchers, the fans, who lurch from crisis to crisis.
But, tell you what - this club isn't boring. It's just barking :)

Redditch Fox

(& John Barber too on RL).

I read your stuff with some appreciation...until you mention RL.

John Barber is a seriously poor football commentator who fronts a match presentation that is an embarrassment. Of course, those who can't get to a game are grateful to have coverage.....but what sort of quality are we talking about?

Tonight another RL luminary conducted an absurd phone in...where he was literally leading callers into repeating his own assertions in the form of rhetorical questions. Do you know if the BBC has any quality standard processes to evaluate the quality of this sort of phone in?

Finally, the irony is that in a couple of weeks time....the same station's sports reporters will back to the usual psychophancy towards the club - once the immediate opportunity to drum up a few more listeners over the sacking has drifted away.

Innocent

Banned
I

Finally, the irony is that in a couple of weeks time....the same station's sports reporters will back to the usual psychophancy towards the club - once the immediate opportunity to drum up a few more listeners over the sacking has drifted away.

It's sycophancy. But I like your mis-spelling better:)

Redditch Fox

It's sycophancy. But I like your mis-spelling better:)

Thank you Innocent.

I'm tired and it's been a long day...and I was a bit carried away by the vitriol towards a bloke that has literally saved Leicester City because he had the courage to admit a mistake and part with a manager whose main claim to fame is posturing to get the approval of the naive.

Leigh

Me too!

On a serious note though - if he had punched someone (i.e. Clive) then Martin would currently be sitting in one of Nottingham's lovely police stations.

Also surely it would have given MM a legitimate reason to sack MA without having to pay off his 3-year contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669