Am I the only one losing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in the Asda here in Sheffield earlier this week and having seen the City badge on my hoodie the customer services lady asked if I supported them.

Then she was saying how well we were doing and was following them and cheering them on, in particlar when we are on the TV. She'd even heard Saturday nights 606 and remembered hearing about the City fan wanting the tattoo, who happens to be my lad.

At work, other than the Arsenal fan, the ones into footy are cheering us on as well

I've decided that I cannot mentally cope with the thought of winning the league. It's just silly and it will only end in tears.

We'll finish fourth and some nonsense will then kick in. Either we'll get an absurdly tough Champions League qualifier and get battered or one of the others will thieve the final Champions League place somehow by winning the place through the back door.

Then we'll end up in the Europa League next season, get kicked about and cheated by dodgy refs, bomb out but not quite in time to avoid ruining next season. Oh, and there's bound to be some off the field saga during a foreign trip. There always is.

And then at least normal service will be resumed and I go back to complaining about something.

I've been trying to think about just getting in the CL and how amazing that would be, but I just can't put it out my mind that we could actually win the damn thing!

Sounds like you've had an excellent day from your last two posts BN - brilliant stuff!

Must admit though that a little part of me is expecting us to win the league and get drawn against Barca, AC Milan & Dortmund only for it to come out we've been doping making Lance Armstrong look like a monk.

Then we'll end up relegated to the Vanarama South playing Braintree Town, Guiseley and Barrow et al instead.

Sounds like you've had an excellent day from your last two posts BN - brilliant stuff!

Must admit though that a little part of me is expecting us to win the league and get drawn against Barca, AC Milan & Dortmund only for it to come out we've been doping making Lance Armstrong look like a monk.

Then we'll end up relegated to the Vanarama South playing Braintree Town, Guiseley and Barrow et al instead.

My last two posts were made immediately following watching this!

My last two posts were made immediately following watching this!

How the hell did you find that mong!

Must admit my initial reaction after watching that was far from anger, more like pitty and sorrow for poor sod.

Seems like he could be related to Macky or one of his mates.

I recently moved into supported accommodation (in London), and ever since one of the staff saw my Leicester scarf it's been a plethora of compliments every time we play. It's a bit exhausting to be honest. My key worker is nice though, he's a Spurs fan so we're both pretty happy with things.

What I have found is that even though it's about three years since I went to a game, I still feel part of it and fully invested in it. Every time we get a result like last Sunday I think about the London supporters' branch, all those fruitless trips over the past decade (many decades for some of them!), and the fantastic time they must have been having for the past year.

But yeah, it's so serious now. Normally I'm OK with Arsenal winning stuff, cos I've lived in north London for 20 years and I like seeing people in my area happy, and of course we aren't normally their direct rivals. But if they (or Spurs) edge us out I'll be right peed off. It's annoying, I feel I should be ecstatic about where we are, not nervous about where things go from here.

Did anybody else go to Barrow in 1968?

Ayupmeducks… newbie here… (old git really) …been reading these boards for the last couple of years but couldn’t be arsed to sign up til now (well I am from Leicester!). I’ve got a shit memory but think my first game at Filbert street late 60’s (ish?) against Barnsley FA cup early rounds… think a young Allen Clarke was playing in that one? It was also my one and only time in the main stand… thereafter predominately perched in the DD from where I was mesmerised by the likes of Weller, Worthington et al… and subsequently learned about disappointment by late 1-0 defeats by the scousers! (Oh how I smugged it up last week).

Personally I wouldn’t even bother to compare this Leicester team with any previous teams because the whole football landscape has changed… and continues to change, contexts are different, and as far as I’m concerned history is about the past and we are living in the present, and in the present we are what we are, and we are where we are… because of who we have in the whole team and club setup NOW.

The one thing that history has taught us is that someone had to make something happen for it to be considered ‘history’. Right now there are some ‘big’ teams and their self-inflated supporters that have to live on their PAST glories to maintain their elitist expectancies. Nobody was instantly a big team, and nobody has a god-given right to remain at the top (mostly because I don’t believe in gods… or fairytails!), just because they have been there for a period of time, or have a particular name / brand. Traditions are man-made and have a way of stifling progress and change, and warping the fabric of reality (“…you can’t win anything with kids!” ...A Hanson, not A Johnson!)

2016 is without doubt a year of change, and I think the ‘football elites’ (amongst other elites) are shitting themselves at the very prospect of the unpredictability of their own destinies. The last bastions of the old guard are drowning in their own denial. Managers like Arsen Wonger are getting golden piles from sitting on their golden thrones for too long, drowning in their own self-importance and delusions of invincibility. Even Fergie clung on too long and allowed the rot to start to set in at OT in the last few seasons before he finally went, and in so doing has potentially destabilised for many years to come all that he himself had created (Amen).

I’m fed up of hearing pundits say that this is an ‘unusual season’, and then comforting themselves with the notion that ‘normal service will be resumed’. I don’t buy this. I think Leicester City will create a bit of history this year, we’re already kicking the ‘big boys’ in the balls, we’re stealing all the headlines, we’ve woken up and garnered a nation of support from the most unlikely places …and we WILL win the league this year… (…despite the sudden support of Robbie Savage et al), and will continue to build a club fit to really challenge for many years to come, just as our ambitious owners have printed on the tin.

For me this isn’t a ‘dream’ …this isn’t just ‘a season’ …a lot of other teams are watching, willing, hoping, and buying into what we are doing… we could very well be at the forefront of a football ‘revolution’ (Of course other hobbies, passions, and ways to fill the empty spaces in our lives are available… anyone for an orgy?). Talking of which, Nige has to be commended for getting the lair in fantastic shape, he’s a definitely a builder …not a Pulis, and deserves another crack at building a smaller club (no pun intended …this time!). But Claudio is a real sly fox if ever I saw one, and maybe he was our missing piece of the serendipity jigsaw. If I’m correct I predict we’ll win it with two games to spare …at OT (And by the way I did predict the exact score, 1-3, the right way round at ManC).

Yes I know there’s still 300 years to the end of the season but hopefully we won’t fall into the trap of getting too big for our boots, we are after all just little Leicester City, but wiser for our history and more astute in our current development, and now hopefully freed from the shackles of being inevitably predictable, automatic relegation fodder (unless you’ve got your Waddle tinted shades on of course) …I do suspect we may need to invest a few pennies in a slightly bigger trophy cabinet!

I would also like to suggest that we petition Walkers to produce a new ‘Humble Pie’ flavour crisps especially for the ‘will never win it’ brigade, and DeMont to give Lawro an honouree degree for his superb reverse psychology. Oh, and a box of man sized tissues for Mr Savo ;)

I left the City for the unexpected tranquillity of the East Coast nine years ago. Its ten years since I last went to the King Power. I’m a poor working class bloke who can’t afford to travel back more than once a year these days, so I’m not going to slag off TV, radio and media coverage, especially this season. I now know more about our club than I did in all those years living in Leicester! And yes, suddenly everybody is talking about Leicester City, and has an opinion.

Even the True Geordie one tweeted: “Regardless of who the **** wins the league this season... Leicester will be the team remembered for 2015/16” …Yep we’ve already left our footprint on the league!

But as Claudio said… we should just enjoy it. And because this is all getting very serious now here’s a tasteful little light relief before the Arses teach us another lesson and put us in our place! (Of course our two goals won’t count as much as their massive one!) :cool:

Yep, a marvelous first post.

Well, thank you! I'm blushing now, but it wasn't really my first post. But I am quite proud of it anyway.
Blaarev, I had a little bet with myself that you would do that and you didn't disappoint. You are becoming too predictable!

Blaarev, I had a little bet with myself that you would do that and you didn't disappoint. You are becoming too predictable!
It's the hot thing of this season, predictability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669