Am I the only one losing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably right Boc, but let's just remember the position we are in as fans, unknown territory with all the nerves and tetchiness that comes with it.

The fans were rightly incensed and that is a difficult thing to control.

We need to raise the roof with a purely positive atmosphere on Sunday, we need to roar the lads on and suck the ball into the net.

We only have 2 more opportunities to do our bit.

Which leads me to the main reason why I think we almost went down on Sunday. Yes, we are a team. Mahrez, Vardy, 9 others, a benchful of subs, manager and backroom staff - a team. But when things started to go wrong on Sunday, there was one other member of the team that got things wrong.

Yes - the crowd. Whenever we have been behind this season the crowd seems to have bumped it up and I'm not the only one who thinks that has been decisive on more than one occasion. But what did the crowd do on Sunday when Vardy got sent off. They went for the ref; they went for the opposition; they went for the conspiracy theory AND completely forgot their responsibility to bump it up and get behind the players on the pitch. Vitriol will not do it . Not towards the ref. Not towards the oppo bigwigs in the padded seats. When real support was needed the crowd fell to just blaming everybody else instead of giving the real lift that was needed.

I hope lessons will have been learned and that 30,000 people will do on Sunday that which they have been good at all season long. Sadly there are too many of that 30,000 who would not believe a word of what of what I have had to say.
I have to disagree. The quite laughable inconsistencies in the referees decision making would have made the most mild mannered of both Leicester and West Ham fans shout and curse. The similarity of the Huth and Reid incidents being a primary example (and there were more at both ends).

I would say if anything the crowd, conspiracy theory argument saved us on Sunday as all the pressure meant Moss was looking for an opportunity to give us a penalty. (At the time I thought it wasn't, but having seen it on MNF I do think it is).

However, this post isn't meant as support for abusing, pressuring referees and advocating conspiracy arguments before I get accused of that. More for bringing consistency into refereeing and helping them with technology. But I suppose that's a whole different argument.

I seem to recall after the Arsenal match that the fans were criticised on here for not getting on the referee's backs enough and trying to influence them.

Not even if it might encourage him to give us a last minute penalty?

If we'd done our proper part in our own team, we wouldn't have needed a last minute penalty.

I'm feeling really calm and confident still. Every time something has tested us we pass with flying colours.

When we lose a game we come back strong.

Vardy stops scoring, someone else steps up.

We concede a goal or go a man down, we fight harder.

This team has earned my belief in them.

All we need to do is match Tottenhams results but we have more room for error, Tottenham are looking good (as we did earlier this season), lets see what there made of when they get a set back, I was disappointed with Stokes efforts last night, but im hoping Chelsea can do us a massive favour ,ie beat Tottenham then turn upin flipflops for our game

Oh God same here Lako!!!! In fact if we don't beat Swansea I think we will have blown it because I can't see Spurs dropping many, if any, points, especially if Vardy is banned for more than the 1 game - which looks likely :(:anguished::fearful::worried:

It's not "likely" - it's a stone cold certainty.

We can forget Vardy for the next two games (at the very best).

Swansea have about as much to play for as did Stoke last night. We are at home and hopefully have sufficient fire power left to win.

Actually, I think that the club are in a tricky position.

If you review the Costa/Gabriel precedents, I think they're worse than the Vardy one. They are demonstrably undermining the authority of the referee. What Vardy did is something very much like what many players do when red carded. Swearing at the ref isn't punished usually as it happens constantly during matches.

I also think it's worth highlighting the fact that both yellow cards were questionable. Many refs have commented and they're split pretty much 50/50. There is some genuine evidence that Vardy had good reason to be angry.

However, to appeal and put forward this mitigation in an attempt to avoid an additional game ban, we risk the ban being increased. The FA have a policy of not encouraging appeals and making an example of anyone that does appeal unsuccessfully.

So, if you were City, do you take Vardy missing Swansea and Man Utd in the knowledge that he'll be back for the last two games or do you appeal in the hope of having him at Old Trafford with the probability that a failed appeal would mean him missing the Everton game too?

I'd appeal.

We need more pathetic internet/twitter fans like Arsenal have.

If this had happened to them, their army of twats would have video clips of all their rival players swearing at various refs ready to send on to the PL already!

If you review the Costa/Gabriel precedents, I think they're worse than the Vardy one. They are demonstrably undermining the authority of the referee. What Vardy did is something very much like what many players do when red carded. Swearing at the ref isn't punished usually as it happens constantly during matches.

I also think it's worth highlighting the fact that both yellow cards were questionable. Many refs have commented and they're split pretty much 50/50. There is some genuine evidence that Vardy had good reason to be angry.

However, to appeal and put forward this mitigation in an attempt to avoid an additional game ban, we risk the ban being increased. The FA have a policy of not encouraging appeals and making an example of anyone that does appeal unsuccessfully.

So, if you were City, do you take Vardy missing Swansea and Man Utd in the knowledge that he'll be back for the last two games or do you appeal in the hope of having him at Old Trafford with the probability that a failed appeal would mean him missing the Everton game too?

I'd appeal.

Vardy case looks bad enough to me for him to get the additional ban. The game was high profile and got near to being right out of control both on and allegedly off the pitch. The FA will almost certainly make Vardy carry the can. If he gets the one extra ban i.e. Man Utd then I think its too dangerous to appeal. Providing we win on Sunday we could just about afford to lose at Man Utd and then hopefully beat Everton.

Relax. We'll beat Swansea and draw with Man U. Tottenham will match those results.

Vardy will come back eager and rested and have a rampage against Everton to win us the title.

What did the FA do to their England international striker after he kicked Neil Lennon in the face?

I'd appeal.
Have any appeals resulted in an extension lately? I can't remember many at all this season but could be mistaken.

I've lost count of the number of times the incident has been mentioned on MOTD and not always when Gary's there either.
Ian Wright mentioned it recently after Shearer had mentioned an incident between Wrighty and Kaspers dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669