And it's over

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHS

:icon_sad: :( :frown:

BBC News said:
Birmingham midfielder Muzzy Izzet has been forced to retire from football due to a long-term knee injury.

The former Turkey international, 31, had a year left on his contract but has decided to quit the game after failing to overcome the persistent problem.
Birmingham boss Steve Bruce told the club's website: "Muzzy has come to the point where his knee is very painful. He can't fulfil what he wants to do.
"We would like to thank him for his efforts during his two years here."
Izzet played just 28 games for Birmingham after moving from Leicester in the summer of 2004. He scored just one goal for the club against Bolton in September of that year.
The former Chelsea trainee spent eight years at Filbert Street and clocked up over 300 appearances.
Bruce added: "When he signed for us he arrived with an exemplary appearance record and hardly missed a game through injury.
"But he has endured a terribly frustrating time with us and you can't help but feel for him." Izzet's contract with Birmingham, who were relegated from the Premiership last season, has now been cancelled by mutual consent.

Source :- http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/birmingham_city/5122086.stm

Thanks for the memories Muzzy :038: :038: :038:

At least now you can all shut the fukk up and accept that's all they ever will and ever should be, memories

Last edited:
good luck muzzy, great footballer crap racehorse he had though, hopefully he will have more time to buy some decent ones now.

I will remember him for his charging runs from midfield, my earliest memory of Muzzy was that goal against Watford before the play-offs and the way he inspired us to promotion during admin will mean he remains a City legend.

Glad to say he had his best years with us:038: . His partnership with Lennon will live long in the memory, probaly the best midfield duo we've had since the 70's imo.

hero and a legend. he will be missed. the memories were great. cheers my favourite number 6 Izzet!!!

He could still do a job for us and he could sit in Lee Morris's chair..

Great player for us.

Last edited:
Great player. Good luck Muzzy.

He'd look pure quality next to any of the shower of shite we've got in midfield now. But... (tin hat time)... I do feel he was a little over-rated and not as important to us as the likes of Lennon, Elliott and Heskey.

DesertFox said:

He'd look pure quality next to any of the shower of shite we've got in midfield now. But... (tin hat time)... I do feel he was a little over-rated and not as important to us as the likes of Lennon, Elliott and Heskey.
I'll get my tin hat out too, I'm with you Des

ditto-he was average in his last two seasons with us-never the same player after o'neil left, plus i'm not getting into the argument about his supposed loyalty again.

He was a fantastic signing for us, 650k and he gave us superb value for money. Granted his last two seasons werent not his best, but he was still part of the most successful City side in history and his involvement and contribution to that should never be forgotten or under estimated.

I think the extreme views of certain fans paints a fairly false picture, some think he can do no wrong, whilst others have questioned whether he was all that great, IMO he was a very good footballer who was an integral part of a very successful team unit.

No need to tarnish his memory with snidey comments, or cast doubt on his ability/loyalty etc. - he was an integral part of the best team this generation of City supporters have ever seen and is/was a true hero

I'll always remember his jinky run to score to away at Villa when he ran into the crowd and I hugged him like a girl and everyone saw me on Match of the Day doing it

The only downside to his whole City career was that cocksucker of a stadium announcer we got who introduced him as Muzzzzzzzzyyyy IIIIIIIIIzzetttttttt when reading out the teams

one of my footballing heroes. that is all. feel sorry for him but still feel a little smug that we were the only club that got the benefit of his ability.

homer said:
No need to tarnish his memory with snidey comments, or cast doubt on his ability/loyalty etc. - he was an integral part of the best team this generation of City supporters have ever seen and is/was a true hero

I'll always remember his jinky run to score to away at Villa when he ran into the crowd and I hugged him like a girl and everyone saw me on Match of the Day doing it

The only downside to his whole City career was that cocksucker of a stadium announcer we got who introduced him as Muzzzzzzzzyyyy IIIIIIIIIzzetttttttt when reading out the teams

Quality post homer :038:

Whilst like all fans we can be accused of wearing rose tinted glasses and dreaming of past glories, also we seem to have a number of supporters who seem intent on devaluing the achievements of MON and his group of players.

Last edited:
DesertFox said:

Muzzy overrated?? Perleeeeaase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570