And it's over

Status
Not open for further replies.
homer said:
No need to tarnish his memory with snidey comments, or cast doubt on his ability/loyalty etc. - he was an integral part of the best team this generation of City supporters have ever seen and is/was a true hero

I'll always remember his jinky run to score to away at Villa when he ran into the crowd and I hugged him like a girl and everyone saw me on Match of the Day doing it

The only downside to his whole City career was that cocksucker of a stadium announcer we got who introduced him as Muzzzzzzzzyyyy IIIIIIIIIzzetttttttt when reading out the teams

Great Post.

I'll never forget when he first came on loan - skinniest legs I've ever seen, he makes Hughesy look like the incredible hulk! Great player for us, bit injury prone towards the end.

Last edited:
Muzzy was part of one of the best midfields in the country IMO that could mix it with anybody. Individually they probably could not match up player to player, but as a unit they were awsome.

He scored some great goals, had great ball skills, never gave up and won us the penalty to help get promotion. What more could you want.

IMO he is next to Walshy in recent players when it comes to blue blood and nobody has come close since.

Will never forget seeing him warming up before one game. A girl a couple of rows down was accidentally hit by one of the balls. Muzz made sure he came across, sat down next to her and checked she was ok.

True gent and a leg on the pitch

From Gradel to Grave said:
Will never forget seeing him warming up before one game. A girl a couple of rows down was accidentally hit by one of the balls. Muzz made sure he came across, sat down next to her and checked she was ok.

True gent and a leg on the pitch
where was his other leg? could explain the injury problems, he was missing a leg.

can i just make it clear i'm not slagging him off-Muzzy was fantastic for us under MON no doubt about it, his goal against tottenham at filbo is one of my favourite lcfc memories-though just don't brand him a loyal hero for "sticking" with us through admin ;)

drummindefender said:
can i just make it clear i'm not slagging him off-Muzzy was fantastic for us under MON no doubt about it, his goal against tottenham at filbo is one of my favourite lcfc memories-though just don't brand him a loyal hero for "sticking" with us through admin ;)

I would actually say this was the making of Izzet. He could of ended up another Savage and Heskey but he stay and was undoubtley 5 times the quality of most players in that promotion-winning side.

Hazzman said:
I would actually say this was the making of Izzet. He could of ended up another Savage and Heskey but he stay and was undoubtley 5 times the quality of most players in that promotion-winning side.
yes but his reasons for staying was not unquestionable loyalty like some have suggested

drummindefender said:
yes but his reasons for staying was not unquestionable loyalty like some have suggested
Agreed, the other deals with other clubs he had on the table would, by all accounts have involved a wage cut, even though we were prepared to give him a free transfer in order to get him off our payroll.

drummindefender said:

I agree in that part but his commitment and effort never wained. IMO The worst thing Twatylor even done was sell Lennon. Forgot the players and the contracts. He was the player we missed the most, replaced him with Junior Lewis, full-time crap and Matt Jones who was decent but injury-prone.

drummindefender said:
Likewise.

As I said, he was pure quality for us. He was indeed one of the most important players in the best City squad I'm ever likely to see - all I'm saying is that, IMO, he was the 4th most important and I'm slightly surprised at the overwhelming level of hero-cult-legend status he enjoys.

We had one of the best two or three midfield units in the Premier league then. Those days seem sooooooo far away now.... :icon_cry:

Mike Hunt Smells said:
Muzzy Izzet = Leicester Legend.

indeed.

well played muzzy, your finest hour was at leicester.

highland fox said:
Big Edna sent you on your Lunch Hour has she Joe ?

no hes just coming up for air

Havent posted for years but felt the need to add my sorrow at Muzzy's retirement.

Great Player and will always be remembered.

Anyone got a link to the goal he scored at Grimsby ? Universally acclaimed as the second best goal ever to be scored in a Leicester shirt and I still havent seen it :-(

Good Luck Muzzy

RichMC24 said:
Havent posted for years but felt the need to add my sorrow at Muzzy's retirement.

Great Player and will always be remembered.

Anyone got a link to the goal he scored at Grimsby ? Universally acclaimed as the second best goal ever to be scored in a Leicester shirt and I still havent seen it :-(

Good Luck Muzzy

It's still on lcfcWorld - but you have to pay to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669