Speculation And manager for next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd still throw loads of money in Wagner's direction and see if he'll come. Will be difficult now that Huddersfield are in the PL though.

Top, top manager.

What makes you say he's that good?

(honest question - I see he's managed a reserve team and Huddersfield)

I think what he has managed to achieve at Huddersfield with the resources and budget he had is enough to say he's a top manager. An absolutely incredible achievement really.

He just found a way of winning games, mostly by the one goal.

I also love his approach to management. I suggest reading the below link to see what he's like, in particular his team bonding trip to Sweden.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-no-electricity-no-beds-football-championship

Of course, it's still unknown whether he (and his approach) would work with players at the highest level. But I think he's adaptable and will be managing right at the top in years to come.

The thing is though, it's so easy to say that we should recruit well. I presume we thought we were "recruiting well" last summer, but that was a disaster.
Playing devils advocate you could say Ranieri went against the blue print that is just speculation of course. However it is no coincidence that we did well with players that exploded onto the scene such as Kante/Mahrez/Vardy/Drinkwater mixed in with some experienced pros like Huth/Fuchs we exceeded expectation and won the league.

Also, he got promoted with a goal difference of minus 2. Let in 2 more goals than they scored all season. Hardly inspiring is it?

Also, he got promoted with a goal difference of minus 2. Let in 2 more goals than they scored all season. Hardly inspiring is it?

Isn't the key part of that he got them promoted? I'd be happy with a top 6 finish next season even if it meant we had -50 goal difference. Aren't Spurs fans the ones who celebrate goal difference?

Who cares? I'm sure the Huddersfield fans don't. In fact no one will remember that years down the line...all it will say in the record books is that he got little Huddersfield promoted.

The minus 2 goal difference is a result of winning the majority of games by 1 goal, and a couple of standard Championship tonkings. He found a way of managing to win games. Whether they were won by 1 goal or 5 goals is either here nor there.

Isn't the key part of that he got them promoted? I'd be happy with a top 6 finish next season even if it meant we had -50 goal difference. Aren't Spurs fans the ones who celebrate goal difference?

You must be wrong. He's clearly an uninspiring duffer...

Mancini has shit it, ****ing light weight.

Shame about Mancini! I was sure we'd get him.

Not sure who know... the fact that Shakey hasn't already been announced makes you think he's not first choice. But they're going to have to sort it soon.

Shame about Mancini! I was sure we'd get him.

Not sure who know... the fact that Shakey hasn't already been announced makes you think he's not first choice. But they're going to have to sort it soon.
Agreed this really does need nailing down pretty sharpish, transfer window opens on the 09 June and pre season starts July. How do you attract players without a manager?

Agreed this really does need nailing down pretty sharpish, transfer window opens on the 09 June and pre season starts July. How do you attract players without a manager?

I thought transfer window was 1st July. If it's 9th June we need to get our managerial ass in gear.

I thought transfer window was 1st July. If it's 9th June we need to get our managerial ass in gear.

I'm not sure where the 9th June idea came from - as far as I know it is still 1st July to 31 August (23:00) and I can't find anything which says anything different. That's not to say that arrangements won't be well under way already though.

I'm not sure where the 9th June idea came from - as far as I know it is still 1st July to 31 August (23:00) and I can't find anything which says anything different. That's not to say that arrangements won't be well under way already though.
Not too sure but the 09 June meant clubs can start talking to each other I may be talking bollocks though

The end is nigh. We've failed to attract a new manager.

What do you mean, FIF?

It means nothing other than some twit wanting to see his name on the forum yet again. On topic I would guess that Shakey has not got the job, and the owners are in discussions with someone currently in employment. Who ? I haven't clue, but neither do any of the so called fonts of all knowledge the papers, they are as clueless as rest of us. I don't think I have ever heard such deafening silence about what can only be described as top managerial job in the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263