Speculation And manager for next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we know about Ranieri before he was appointed?
The club are normally quite good about keeping stuff under wraps until it is all signed.
Discussions with Shakey could have been on the basis of him being number 2 choice and whether he would work with a new Manager.

There is nothing there that we didn't already know, still don't think Shakey has it, there has to be better options.
I'm not suggesting that it's the right decision or not and neither is FIF (as far as I can see). All I'm saying (and I think FIF is sayin), is that reports suggest he is going to get the job.

Whether that is the right decision is another discussion.

Maybe they're waiting for Claude Puel as it seems he's about to be sacked.

I would be happy with Shakey purely because he will stick with giving young talent the chance rather than spunking up 40million+ on journey men players.
Who ever they appoint they need to get their arse in gear

If it is Shakey, why are they delaying an announcement ? Surely it would be everyone's interests to put speculation to an end. It's quite clear that I am not a Shakey fan and I genuinely believe there are better options, however this silence helps nobody.

I would be happy with Shakey purely because he will stick with giving young talent the chance rather than spunking up 40million+ on journey men players.

He didn't do that at the end of the season when Gray was left sitting on the bench whilst Mahrez stunk the place out.

If it is Shakey, why are they delaying an announcement ? Surely it would be everyone's interests to put speculation to an end. It's quite clear that I am not a Shakey fan and I genuinely believe there are better options, however this silence helps nobody.

Keeping it quiet so St Louis don't up Preki's wage and put us out of the picture....assuming he's still there.

Its the same every pre season, were never organised, all new players rarely in by the start of pre season training.
IMO the stumbling block is length of contract or delay in appointing new backroom staff.

Its the same every pre season, were never organised, all new players rarely in by the start of pre season training.
IMO the stumbling block is length of contract or delay in appointing new backroom staff.
Yes. We all remember the dragged out process two years ago and the shambles of a season that led to.

He said towards the end of the season that the recruitment strategy has got nothing to do with him. Obviously he'll have an input, but in terms of targets, it's not up to him.

Where is the proof of that he only played Chilwell because we had to rarely used Gray and never used Kaputska

Mahrez playing badly is still better than Gray IMO

The kind of person who gives youth a chance accepts that they aren't the finished article, that's the entire bloody point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263