Speculation And manager for next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Shakey keeps the job we need to appoint several coached to work with him and Stowell, Chrissy P would be a good addition

Not sure I agree.

C Powell seems to be a failure in my opinion.

What has he achieved to warrant being a coach at a Premier League winning club?

He's been a poor manager but has always had a good rep as a coach, McLaren is another who as a manager is poor but a very highly respected coach, we need more coaches no matter who is manager

I'd take Rodgers over him like a shot.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion.

But I really don't get the Rodgers hype. He did well at Swansea, that's undeniable. And he managed to keep Watford in the Championship. But he was awful at Reading and managed to bollocks up the league at Liverpool despite having the worlds best striker up-front. Any *success* he is having in Scotland has to come with the massive caveat that it is Celtic in Scotland.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion.

But I really don't get the Rodgers hype. He did well at Swansea, that's undeniable. And he managed to keep Watford in the Championship. But he was awful at Reading and managed to bollocks up the league at Liverpool despite having the worlds best striker up-front. Any *success* he is having in Scotland has to come with the massive caveat that it is Celtic in Scotland.

Lennon then.

Two years ago we had the respective advantages of three completely different characters running the club - Pearson's organisational skills, Shakespeare on the training ground and Walsh for the recruitment.

One year ago, we had the three completely different advantages of Ranieri for his tactical ability, Shakespeare on the training ground and Walsh for the recruitment.

Now we're proposing going forward with just one of these three. I don't care how much the players like Shakespeare, I just can't see it ending in anything other than tears in the medium term. We can't be anything other than much worse off than we were just a year ago.

I'm 50/50 whether we ride it out until it goes wrong or make a definite change of direction this summer. With the money we have to spend and the changes in personnel that are likely to happen anyway, I just think the lesser gamble is taking advantage of our attractiveness as a club now and getting someone good in.

Were we to spend a fortune this summer and get the squad that Shakespeare wants and then start badly, then what? The likes of Mancini or Rodgers wouldn't be available to us then.

Two years ago we had the respective advantages of three completely different characters running the club - Pearson's organisational skills, Shakespeare on the training ground and Walsh for the recruitment.

One year ago, we had the three completely different advantages of Ranieri for his tactical ability, Shakespeare on the training ground and Walsh for the recruitment.

Now we're proposing going forward with just one of these three. I don't care how much the players like Shakespeare, I just can't see it ending in anything other than tears in the medium term. We can't be anything other than much worse off than we were just a year ago.

I'm 50/50 whether we ride it out until it goes wrong or make a definite change of direction this summer. With the money we have to spend and the changes in personnel that are likely to happen anyway, I just think the lesser gamble is taking advantage of our attractiveness as a club now and getting someone good in.

Were we to spend a fortune this summer and get the squad that Shakespeare wants and then start badly, then what? The likes of Mancini or Rodgers wouldn't be available to us then.

We could bring Pee Stain back...would at least have the organisational skills again. I'm sure you'd love that...!

And I think you're being a bit harsh by forgetting Macia, who we're yet to know anything about.

Powell is loved and respected by the club, players and fans. I have heard and seen nothing to suggest he would not be a good coach, even though he may not have had success as a manager. If there are a few ins and outs, Powell could provide some stability.

if there is a problem with our transfers it'll be because of Rudkin being a charlatan rather than the scouting, its Rudkin that actually gets the deals done not Marcia

Well Walsh has already been replaced so we're not going ahead with only 1 are we?

Shakey has been replaced too, I guess we just need someone to replace the guy who replaced Shakey and then you can sleep happily again.

Well Walsh has already been replaced so we're not going ahead with only 1 are we?

Shakey has been replaced too, I guess we just need someone to replace the guy who replaced Shakey and then you can sleep happily again.
Doubtful FIF.

Powell is loved and respected by the club, players and fans. I have heard and seen nothing to suggest he would not be a good coach, even though he may not have had success as a manager. If there are a few ins and outs, Powell could provide some stability.

Stability?

The bloke changes clubs more often than Homer changes male lovers.

Enough sentimentality, we are a club striving for big things in the Premier League, its bad enough that the players make public who they want as manger without bringing coaches back because a few people love them.

To be clear, I'm not advocating Rodgers here. It was just my suggestion as an answer to the question posed, which, as I understand it, is asking for a realistic target, who also constitutes a "name".
I still can't see many other suggestions.......

Shakespeare might not even want to remain manager.

Any thoughts on Marco Silva? Loves a dceent home record...

I still can't see many other suggestions.......

Did anyone suggest CR before the owners chose him? A lack of suggestions signifies very little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566