And you thought it was shite...

Status
Not open for further replies.
homer said:
http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10274~635114,00.html

Nothing to do with insisting the team play in it during the cup run, and flogging them off desperately at fifteen quid a throw to stop us being left with several truckloads when the JJB tat hits the streets

Good PR spin, tho', you got to admit. Top work

The Club plays us for chumps and of course we are. :roll:

Have to say, all these type of threads moaning and groaning about the club "ripping off" the fans really get on my nerves, what are they supposed to do ?? it`s their job to make money for the club !! WE are the customers, we wan`t the club to buy players, to compete don`t we ?? we also have the choice, buy or don`t buy ! personally I wan`t to see the people who`s job it is be successful in making lots of dosh for LCFC !

mad biker said:
Have to say, all these type of threads moaning and groaning about the club "ripping off" the fans really get on my nerves, what are they supposed to do ?? it`s their job to make money for the club !! WE are the customers, we wan`t the club to buy players, to compete don`t we ?? we also have the choice, buy or don`t buy ! personally I wan`t to see the people who`s job it is be successful in making lots of dosh for LCFC !

I'll buy that for a $ MB!

stop moaning :) 15 or 10 quid for a t-shirt is what you'd pay on the high street for any old top so you might as well get an LCFC one 8)

SamJ

webmaster said:
SamuearlJackson said:
stop moaning :) 15 or 10 quid for a t-shirt is what you'd pay on the high street for any old top so you might as well get an LCFC one 8)

T shirts £2 each in Asda :eek:

Thanks for the fashion tips Webbo! Think I will stick to what I know though

mad biker said:

It's not the attempts to make money I don't like. It's the spin they put on it. Everything they try to sell us, whether it's shirts, season tickets, coach travel, merchandise, has some kind of spin that makes me want to give them less money, not more.
Supporters will buy the shirts, they don't need to be told it's a 120th anniversary one to make them buy it. People will get the coach to Charlton without being told it's a 'difficult' journey (when actually it's pretty easy for a London club). People will buy season tickets without all the hype and blatant lies they told us in the summer.
Yes, I am aware of the libel laws, and if the club wants to take me to court for accusing them of telling lies, they're welcome to try it.

webmaster said:
SamuearlJackson said:

T shirts £2 each in Asda :eek:

Webbie, Man at Asda. :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Just to back you up though, it is about the level the Club pitches these offers to the supporters at rather than the fact that money is being spent that is the problem. :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Everyone wants to see the club make money
Of course they do

But there are different ways of doing it

LCFC is a monopoly, and I accept that fully.
I also accept that football these days is about making money, and that's the price I pay for my enjoyment. I'm happy to do so

What I will not accept is blatant exploitation, lies, spin and rip-off

That is what the 120th anniversary was/is all about, and it's not the only time the LCFC monopoly has exploited the fans

It's a feckin' disgarace, and I will continue to "moan" about it as long as I want

highland fox said:
Must be popular Barcelona are wearing it tonight.
and they're 3-0 down already :eek:

they played in it last weekend and you couldn't se them cos the pitch was sandy! soccer AM has its uses

homer said:
Everyone wants to see the club make money
Of course they do

But there are different ways of doing it

LCFC is a monopoly, and I accept that fully.
I also accept that football these days is about making money, and that's the price I pay for my enjoyment. I'm happy to do so

What I will not accept is blatant exploitation, lies, spin and rip-off

That is what the 120th anniversary was/is all about, and it's not the only time the LCFC monopoly has exploited the fans

It's a feckin' disgarace, and I will continue to "moan" about it as long as I want

Fair play homer...but you don't have to buy the stuff they're peddling, and if some fans wan t a shirt that pointlessly celebrates 120 years, fair play to them too!

If people want to buy it then that's fair enough it's there money etc.Quite why anybody would pay their money to wear something which is so revolting in colour is beyond me though.Will we ever wear the Black kit again.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669