Speculation Andy Johnson & Jonathan Woodgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I had completely forgotten about him. Not surprisingly, perhaps.

"His signing completed a major coup for the Foxes, who had to beat off competition from a number of Championship rivals to secure the signature of the player."

Beggars belief really.

Good. Our Thai owners can spend more on the concourses now instead of on treatment tables!

People linking us to Andy Johnson. :icon_bigg

I wouldn't think Johnson would be a bad signing. Less than £7 million, I would hope and should get back to scoring regularly in a Championship team. :102:

Johnson is a quality center forward. Fast, good at finishing and with a great track record. Also fits into Eriksson's track record of bringing in known players, he gave Johnson his first England cap, and maybe a few more if I'm not mistaken? I'd consider us lucky if we signed him.

For some reason, when thinking of Andy Johnson I get mental pictures of Lee Hughes.
AJ wouldn't be a bad call, but listening to RL yesterday during the match, I got the impression that Shane Long is still very much on the radar.

(Commentator at the Reading game said SL looked anything but a multimillion pound stiker. Is his heart still at Reading?)

I think we should wait until we get a class striker,no point in rushing ,(Sven will sort us a good one ,hes made great signings so far.)

Sky Sports claiming we have put in a bid for Fulham's Andy Johnson.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11681_7137880,00.html

Skysports.com understands Leicester have made a bid for Fulham forward Andy Johnson.

Foxes boss Sven Goran Eriksson is looking to bring in a new striker before the close of the transfer window and is hoping to lure Johnson to the King Power Stadium.

Eriksson has been frustrated in his attempts to bring a high-profile striker this summer and he is ready to spend big to land Johnson.

The Swede is a big fan of Johnson having handed him his England debut while in charge of the Three Lions.

Johnson's future at Fulham has been the subject of speculation with the 30-year-old in the final year of his contract at Craven Cottage.

QPR and West Ham have both been credited with an interest in Johnson, but now Leicester have made a firm offer for the striker and are waiting to see if he would be interested in a move to the ambitious Championship outfit.

Fulham boss Martin Jol is reluctant to lose Johnson as he is short of options in attack, but if he manages to brng in reinforcements before Wednesday's deadline he could be tempted to offload the former Everton and Crystal Palace hit-man.

Jimmy crack corn and I don't care.

I thought he was older than 30. I wouldn't usually consider 30 as 'too old' but in this case he seems to have been injured for most of the last two years and seems a bit like yesterday's man. However I haven't looked at his stats so my perception might be wrong.

Interesting signing if it goes through. Undecided about this one, certainly a prolific goalscorer at this level in the past, but as said hasn't really done it at Prem level for 4 or 5 years now. Hopefully he can still do it at this level, we'll see anyway, no point judging any player until they've actually played a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669