Andy King. Big up your chest...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised that Nigel picked him at the start of the League One season. There were times when he seemed to panic a little and when he was outmuscled. This season he has still been outmuscled but has looked more composed. There can be no doubt that he can be a superb finisher. I think Andy would have struggled in the Prem but should flourish in the Championship. With experience he could become eventually become a Premiership player (hopefully with us). There is something about Andy King that makes me think he might develop into our John McGovern and I mean that as a great compliment.

Apparently, he's likely to make his first start for Wales next week. :038::038::038:

I think King can only get better. Some people have suggested he goes missing in games, on this forum, and they are right. But I think he will learn a lot from this campaign and will be more dominant in that midfield next season. Hope we go back to 4-4-2 with Wellens and King running that midfield

I don't think he goes missing in games at all. Just because he doesn't get much time on the ball doesn't mean he goes missing. His off the ball work and tireless performances are seen pretty much every game.

I think King can only get better. Some people have suggested he goes missing in games, on this forum, and they are right. But I think he will learn a lot from this campaign and will be more dominant in that midfield next season. Hope we go back to 4-4-2 with Wellens and King running that midfield

Thanks, I'm now singing D:Ream :icon_lol:

I'd disagree with you, take the first leg, first half him and Spearing were anonymous, which left Wellens trying to do the work of three players and failing badly.

Obviously other factors might well have been responsible for that, but that first half we were utter shite and our midfield was totally over-ran time and again by Cardiff.

It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

There has been more games than not where he is anonymous. Doesn't mean he isn't working hard. But he needs to dominate the game more. I'm sure he will in time

There has been more games than not where he is anonymous. Doesn't mean he isn't working hard. But he needs to dominate the game more. I'm sure he will in time

I wholly disagree.

And not all midfielders have to dominate games and he isn't that type of player. He's a great asset to us, but I do feel we are lacking a midfielder who will take control of games to play alongside him. I think Wellens was brought in to do that job, but never delivered up to that standard very often.

Last edited:
I think Wellens was brought in to do that job, but never delivered up to that standard very often.

He has. Bar a middle patch, Wellens has been excellent. One of our only players with the guts to attempt a defence splitting ball and he rarely loses a tackle. Quality player and there's no way King would have the freedom to roam without him.

King has been missing in a few games I've seen this season, though I do sit at the back at the kop and all the crackers look the same from up there

I agree with Hazzman and Fitz. I think most would agree too. I understand your point PR, but do not agree at all. I wouldn't say King goes missing if he didnt. Wellens is the water carrier, King needs to impose himself more from here on in. And I really think he will. Hope you agree with that PR

I hope he does become a more imposing player, but I certainly wouldn't say he goes missing more often than not.

Not that anonymity from games is necessarily a bad thing anyway.

I hope he does become a more imposing player, but I certainly wouldn't say he goes missing more often than not.

Not that anonymity from games is necessarily a bad thing anyway.

Are you young enough to remember when Man Utd were losing heavily at half time to Southampton because their grey shirts made them all invisible? Must have been like watching the game under the influence of some seriously strong shit. Maybe Kingy has been wearing a grey shirt as a vest in some games?

Are you young enough to remember when Man Utd were losing heavily at half time to Southampton because their grey shirts made them all invisible? Must have been like watching the game under the influence of some seriously strong shit. Maybe Kingy has been wearing a grey shirt as a vest in some games?

No. I remember that game well. Iirc it was just a lazy excuse as Southampton were ManUtd's bogey team at the time and always used to get a result against them. :icon_lol:

He has. Bar a middle patch, Wellens has been excellent. One of our only players with the guts to attempt a defence splitting ball and he rarely loses a tackle. Quality player and there's no way King would have the freedom to roam without him.

The problem is he very very rarely pulls it off. I would find it very hard to believe anyone has given the ball away with a pass more times than him this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566