Andy King to Villa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if O'Neill is interested, it backs that up. He's hardly what you would call a bad judge of a player is he?.

Didn't MON sign Fenton for a lot of money? and that chutney from Iceland?

Not up on his signings at Celtic or Villa though.

Short-term thinking and unneccessary moaning.

I can't understand why anyone would even slightly entertain the idea of selling King when he is only 20, was magnificent on the whole last season and is only going to get better.
And if O'Neill is interested, it backs that up. He's hardly what you would call a bad judge of a player is he?

We have had lots of crap young players through the ranks in recent years, and King is not one of them. Given the choice of keeping him or Mattock, it would be King nine times out of ten for me.

Without King's goals last season we would have struggled big time IMO, and his passing and ball control are good as well. Still, let's get a clogger in instead, I'm sure that will really work for us.

I think the problem is we are not in a the financial position anymore to wait for a good player to become a very good player yes he has potential and yes he is a good player but if mm can get good money for him i think he will be sold so we can buy a proven more experienced player to get us out the championship so he can sell the club.

I think the problem is we are not in a the financial position anymore to wait for a good player to become a very good player yes he has potential and yes he is a good player but if mm can get good money for him i think he will be sold so we can buy a proven more experienced player to get us out the championship so he can sell the club.

Yeah because they will be as cheap as we sell King for

The biggest problem the lad has is that city fans tend to expect promising players to turn into superstars overnight. The same happened with Jordan Stewart, Richard Stearman and Joe Mattock. These are the same fans that will expect to be winning every home game at half time, with the threat of booing the players off of the pitch when it doesn't happen (I can't wait to see what will happen if we're not in the top half of the table by Christmas). Patience is not a word that can be associated with the club nowadays, in any aspect. I've come to terms with the fact that most fans are either completely deluded or plain stupid.

That's just my opinion.

You are in a very small minority on this one, a lof of people who watch every week rate him highly, myself included.

I reckon the vast majority who watch him at the Walkers don't get on with him. His policy in avoiding tackling hardly helps that either. I don't rate him but I can't argue against his record and achievement last season.

As for Mattock, he's gone backwards.

Last edited:
The biggest problem the lad has is that city fans tend to expect promising players to turn into superstars overnight. The same happened with Jordan Stewart, Richard Stearman and Joe Mattock. These are the same fans that will expect to be winning every home game at half time, with the threat of booing the players off of the pitch when it doesn't happen (I can't wait to see what will happen if we're not in the top half of the table by Christmas). Patience is not a word that can be associated with the club nowadays, in any aspect. I've come to terms with the fact that most fans are either completely deluded or plain stupid.

That's just my opinion.

Top post :038::038:

Although I think you are being generous saying they will wait until Christmas to see if we are in the top half. Try the end of September :icon_wink

King had a good season last year, but at times I agree he did go missing, but what were the options open?

I'm sure NP thought it through, and if he didn't think we had a better replacement, who are we to argue?

As for being found out this coming season, you could say that for Fryatt, Dyer, Hobbs, Morrison, Gradel, Weale, N'Gessan (sp), Neilson et all....mind you, as someone has already stated, some so called Leicester fans have already made their mind up who will be their scapegoat/crap. *****!!

Neilson for me. He has all the makings of a scapegoat, I can't wait to rip into the bloke.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Spoken like a true City fan. :icon_bigg

I think we need to cash in on N'Guessan. Maybe we could get some cash for him and get Ormondroyd and Gee as makeweights. :tumbleweed:

Can't believe all the criticism of King, he was the best central midfielder we had last season, Oakley was largely anonymous for several games and he definitely didn't carry King.

I think we should bring in that bloke from Fleckney Athletic. Bit of a fairy but should do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669