Andy King to Villa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short-term thinking and unneccessary moaning.

I can't understand why anyone would even slightly entertain the idea of selling King when he is only 20, was magnificent on the whole last season and is only going to get better.
And if O'Neill is interested, it backs that up. He's hardly what you would call a bad judge of a player is he?

We have had lots of crap young players through the ranks in recent years, and King is not one of them. Given the choice of keeping him or Mattock, it would be King nine times out of ten for me.

My sentiments exactly, how many times have we sold on a young player who some people think is shit only for them to do very well at another club?

If MON is interested (and his eye for picking up little known players for relatively small amounts of £££ is proven) then he has something to offer us surely?

Didn't he score some vital goals for us last season, did he not play better when Oakley was in the side (i may be wrong)? Did he not score 14 (i may be wrong again) goals for us?

[B said:
Boy Genius[/B];838542]he is a **** and you know it, you don't watch city too often do you?

I went down often enough to gauge that for a lad having his first full season, despite having a tendency to go missing in games on occasion, he has two good feet, is a good passer, without question knows where the goal is, and is more than reasonable in the air. He's got potential and it strikes me as a typically myopic and moronic assessment of him to say 'get rid'.

Many thanks for the assumptions of me though, truly appreciated. I take it your username is drizzled in irony, yes?

Tantalizingly close to rhyming slang :icon_wink

Like who?

...Fair enough i can't think of any except Stearman, but i still think the other 2 points are valid without the 3rd point...

...............thanks Gradel..............

Last edited:
Crazy talk this. If he's worth 2 mil already after 1 season in Div 1 then surely we should hang on as his price ain't going to drop that quickly. he is still developing nad no doubt tied into a long contract. No need to sell me thinks.

Same with Mattock really. Pay us silly money or i'd say sorry MON.

how many times have we sold on a young player who some people think is shit only for them to do very well at another club?

Hardly any.

But the young players we've sold in recent years have been mainly squad players, not first team regulars.

King is a regular in the first team and is a class above most of the young players we've had in recent years.

Hardly any.

But the young players we've sold in recent years have been mainly squad players, not first team regulars.

King is a regular in the first team and is a class above most of the young players we've had in recent years.

Is that it? I was expecting somebody everyone had forgotten that would prove 100% that Camberwell was correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669