another conflicting statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
so what do posters think, would we be putting the club at a long term risk agreeing to sell without knowing the answer?

As opposed to putting the club at risk by not selling at all? :icon_sad:

so what do posters think, would we be putting the club at a long term risk agreeing to sell without knowing the answer?
I'd rather have a dead Milan Mandaric running this club than the current board running it all fit and well

As you have raised this point Silver, this is one of our outstanding issues of concern.

Good attraction of MM taking over is his years in football however...

If MM did (and we sincerely hope not) while running LCFC, we have been trying to establish what would happen to our club. We raised this issue back in November with his representative directly.

We would like this made clear in his final bid document, but believe it won't being included, so what do posters think, would we be putting the club at a long term risk agreeing to sell without knowing the answer?

What I would like made clear then, is what happens should the Mandaric deal fail, what safeguards and assurances have we got that the current incumbants could save the club ???

It seems to me that many more questions and assurances are being sort from Mandaric than has ever been expected of the current regime.

What I would like made clear then, is what happens should the Mandaric deal fail, what safeguards and assurances have we got that the current incumbants could save the club ???

It seems to me that many more questions and assurances are being sort from Mandaric than has ever been expected of the current regime.

I think the difference is that under MM the club may go deeper into dept to buy players in an attempt to get promoted, so if anything happens to him the debts could be much higher than they are now.

Last edited:
I think the difference is that ybder MM the club may go deeper into dept to buy players in an attempt to get promoted, so if anything happens to him the debts could be much higher than they are now.

but lets just have the ride of our lives while he is alive.....

But the current owners are not seeking to change the ownership stucture. If a current shareholder drops off the twig there is no real impact on the club. If a sole owner does then it impact could be profound - this in an issue some of us raised when the takeover was first rumoured. It's also been discussed recently in relation to Abramovitch & Chelsea, where we know his investment has been tied up to protect the club.

I believe the same is true of Al Fayed and other club owners - but not all. I understand this was a real concern at both blackburn and Wolves at one time.

MM may be an OK guy with completely honourable intentions towards the club, but his heirs & executors might not have the slightest interest in football or LCFC. They could well foreclose if some kind of protective measure has not been put in place. I think the current owners are quite corect to be looking for something on this to be included.

The truth is Jeff, I am hearing from a pretty reliable source that it is very much a done deal and not a lot of what is coming from the FT seems to back that up, IMO, and this is in no way what I have been told but I get the feeling the FT may just be being left out of what is truly going on.

But why? If the directors were (contrary to their legal responsibilities) conspiring to hide information about the bid from some shareholders and not others what would it achieve, apart from totally alienating them? And as this particular shareholder has observer status on the board, it would have to be a deliberate conspiracy.

People's sources (one of them apparently a director!) have allegedly been claiming to have seen the final bid document or been told its contents since way before Xmas, but it is clear they hadn't as it didn't exist. We do know that a series of negotiations have been going on. We do know that various shareholders have issues they regard as sticking points. We do know that the negotiations have been aimed at trying to resolve these before the formal offer is put.

It seems reasonable to presume that every so often one or more of them will have received a message saying "the latest draft says xxxxx. Would that satisfy your concerns", and that is what has been leaking out. No doubt if their particular issue has been resolved to their satisfaction they would see it as "pretty near a done deal"

I still want to know, like A-Z what happened at the last minute to push it back a week. Surely Gaydamack not coughing up would have been known before?

Both make as much sense as anything else thats been suggested

Maybe somebody within the club has seen the FT posting snippets onto various message boards and has decided they should be the last to know any real information as they can't be trusted to keep it quiet.

Not my opinion, just a possible scenario

Maybe somebody within the club has seen the FT posting snippets onto various message boards and has decided they should be the last to know any real information as they can't be trusted to keep it quiet.

Not my opinion, just a possible scenario

as has been stated, that would be illegal, and since the trust are on the board, they will be at the board meetings when they decide whether to reccomend or negotiate any indicative offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669