Anyone Follow Foreign Football? Which Teams Do You Follow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

Anyone else follow non-English football? If you do, which sides do you follow?

I follow Borussia Dortmund, because of Ottmar Hitzefeld, though they are pretty average atm, finished in the bottom half of the Bundesliga a couple of seasons back. Klopp seems to be a decent manager now and hopefully they are moving in the right direction. Watch them on bootleg streams whenever I can, and always keep an eye out on results.

Also, have a soft spot for Dinamo Kyiv, again, for a past manager: Valeriy Lobanovskyi, who's books are all great btw, and i'd reccomend to anyone wanting an insight on the inside of football, though don't make the mistake I made first and order one in Russian :icon_lol: I only really follow them in the Champions League though as it's impossible to find coverage for Ukrainian games, won it last year though, and just signed back Shevchenko! :icon_bigg

Anyone else follow non-English football? If you do, which sides do you follow?

I follow Borussia Dortmund, because of Ottmar Hitzefeld, though they are pretty average atm, finished in the bottom half of the Bundesliga a couple of seasons back. Klopp seems to be a decent manager now and hopefully they are moving in the right direction. Watch them on bootleg streams whenever I can, and always keep an eye out on results.

Also, have a soft spot for Dinamo Kyiv, again, for a past manager: Valeriy Lobanovskyi, who's books are all great btw, and i'd reccomend to anyone wanting an insight on the inside of football, though don't make the mistake I made first and order one in Russian :icon_lol: I only really follow them in the Champions League though as it's impossible to find coverage for Ukrainian games, won it last year though, and just signed back Shevchenko! :icon_bigg

I have a couple of teams I keep an eye out for.

Germany - Borussia Dortmund:

Goes back to 96-97 when they won the Champions League. Just the whole team that included Stefan Klos, Mathias Sammer, Jurgen Kohler, Lars Ricken, Karl-Heinz Reidle, etc.

Poland - Cracovia Krakow:

Have a friend at work from Krakow, and he is a supporter.

Czech Republic - Banik Ostrava:

Same reason as above.

Spain - Real Mallorca:

Been to Mallorca so many times, it's just natural.

Italy - Lazio:

No idea why really. Just always preferred them to Roma.

Hamburg in Germany for me. When I was a nipper my favourite playeer was Uwe Seeler and he played for............. Hamburg!

Also look out for Djurgarden in Sweden, St Etienne in France, Setubal in Portugal, Club Brugge, Cercle Brugge and Torhout in Belgium.

Reading this back, looks like I'm a real saddo. :icon_lol: Probably right. :icon_wink

I follow international football closely and obviously Leicester is foreign football for me...
Soft spots for:
Marseille (love the town and fantastic fans, just an exciting team but I don't really feel anything for them)
Barcelona (much prefer them to Real Madrid)

Cleefox, you have to scroll down quite a bit to find Djurgården in the Allsvenskan table these days...

I follow international football closely and obviously Leicester is foreign football for me...
Soft spots for:
Marseille (love the town and fantastic fans, just an exciting team but I don't really feel anything for them)
Barcelona (much prefer them to Real Madrid)

Cleefox, you have to scroll down quite a bit to find Djurgården in the Allsvenskan table these days...

Ouch. I wasn't going to mention league positions. :icon_bigg

I have a couple of teams I keep an eye out for.

Germany - Borussia Dortmund:

Goes back to 96-97 when they won the Champions League. Just the whole team that included Stefan Klos, Mathias Sammer, Jurgen Kohler, Lars Ricken, Karl-Heinz Reidle, etc.

Yep. :icon_wink The one where Hitzfeld was manager. Such an amazing squad they had for a relatively small side in European terms too.

Forza Lazio!!!!

Shit, I only just found out we had signed Julio Cruz!!

Lazio can claim a Champions League place this season with the squad they have.

Oh and bring on those dirty Juve Bastards next week.

relentless.....

Shit, I only just found out we had signed Julio Cruz!!

Lazio can claim a Champions League place this season with the squad they have.

Oh and bring on those dirty Juve Bastards next week.
:081::081::081::081::081::081:

I definitely do not follow any other team other than Leicester City - domestic or international. There will only ever be one team that I am emotionally invested in.

However, that being said, being a big football fan and living here in Chicago I definitely do keep an eye out for the Chicago Fire in the MLS. I have been to see them on a few occasions and I always want them to do well.

Torino followed their results after seeing them play Inter when i was in Milan.

Made a great start to the season after last seasons dissapointment

England----leicester City
Wales----abertillery Excelsiors
Scotland----hearts
France----psg
Holland----ajax
Spain----real Madrid
Germany----borussia Dortmund
Italy----juventus
Argentina----boca Juniors

England----leicester City
Wales----abertillery Excelsiors
Scotland----hearts
France----psg
Holland----ajax
Spain----real Madrid
Germany----borussia Dortmund
Italy----juventus
Argentina----boca Juniors

Who do you support if Real Madrid meet Borussia Dortmund or Ajax play PSG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669