Anyone want to buy a football club?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggie_muz

http://myfootballclub.co.uk

Basic premise: 50,000 people register and pay £35 per year each to purchase a football club (obviously going to be a Conference or lower team for £1.75 million) and then have a democratic vote on all issues - team selection, transfers etc. Basically, it's Championship Manager in real life. Great idea, doubt it'll work though...

http://myfootballclub.co.uk

Basic premise: 50,000 people register and pay £35 per year each to purchase a football club (obviously going to be a Conference or lower team for £1.75 million) and then have a democratic vote on all issues - team selection, transfers etc. Basically, it's Championship Manager in real life. Great idea, doubt it'll work though...

Why pay 1.75m for a conference club when you could have bought Leicester for thin air a la MM? :102:

yes, because thousands of people will have a say on who plays each week :icon_roll

it would never work

although it would be good if they brought F****t it would keep them on the downward spiral:icon_lol:

haha - look at the most votedf for clubs and the top two are Leeds and Notts. Forest :lol:

I reckon we should get their manager - all 20,000 of him.

Just imagine what a roaring success it would be here with people voting for Ferreira every week.

I reckon we should get their manager - all 20,000 of him.

Just imagine what a roaring success it would be here with people voting for Ferreira every week.

But more would vote for Ferrari I suspect.

Sounds extremely interesting and I will follow the team with excitement. I would feel sorry for the fans though if it all goes wrong.

Last edited:
The 20,000 are going to pick the team! How will that work, how will they know has been playing well in the reserves/youth team?

Cant see current manager staying around for long if he is over rulled on a decision.

When they need new investment how many of the 20,000 will have some more money to put in?

Nice idea, but it won't work.

agreed, my mate is actually part of this and tried to drag me into it.....for some reason i thought it'd be more productive attempting to set up my own football club using my £35

The 20,000 are going to pick the team! How will that work, how will they know has been playing well in the reserves/youth team?

Cant see current manager staying around for long if he is over rulled on a decision.

When they need new investment how many of the 20,000 will have some more money to put in?

I think it's an annual payment so that's pretty good for a Conference club at least. But I can agree with you on the team selection part.

can we do this for leicester then vote which members we want as the coaching staff?
Or just get 20,000 managers it would take MM at least 6 months to sack them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669