Are they the worst?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we do go down this season it would suggest that this current squad is the worst in our history relative to the other teams in the league.

Do you think that this is really the case? I still look at them (and look at what they have done elsewehre in some instances) and think that the same players could have had a reasonable season. Maybe even good enough to be on the fringe of the play off.

They are certainly no worse than the squads at Plymouth, Burnley, Ipswich, Preston etc.

Where did it all go so wrong? It can't all be down to the managers as the players have not performed for any of them. It can't be the coaching staff as they have changed several times also. It can't be MM's fault as he is too remote from the playing side.

There is something far bigger than individuals wrong here.

Maybe it is all due to change itself that is the problem? No other club has gone through as much turmoil in recetn years as we have.

They're certainly not the worst players in our history. Individually, we have a decent set of players.

However, we are currently experiencing one of our worst Managerial spells in our history. This IMO is the major contribution.

if/when we go down the squad and manager has to go down as the worst in history, it doesnt matter 1 bit if the squad looks better than plymouths/burnleys etc etc in fact it shows the opposite imo

If we do go down this season it would suggest that this current squad is the worst in our history relative to the other teams in the league.

It wouldn't just suggest it - it would be a given fact

I'm sick of the 'on paper we have one of the best teams in the league' bollocks

Fact is on the pitch we have been completely feckin' shite

Stats don't lie. Not necessarily the worst players individually but no one can deny that it's the worst effort/results by any squad for many years and therefore these players are the worst we've had.

The players might have ability,they have proved that with other teams but the Team collectively lack bollox.

I think this is something that we all finally agree on.

This squad and manager have provided us with the most dismal results this club has seen in living memory.

If we go down, then yes they are the worst team in our history, but they are by no means the worst players we have had.

Somebody in a different thread said that not one of these players would have made a Brian Little team! This IMO is rubbish, look at the players we had back then, most of them skill wise were well short, but what they did have was a manager that got them playing as a team and showing some spirit and we were proud of them.
This is just what we are seeing now in the likes of Hull, Stoke, Bristol City. They do not have the best players, but they play for each other and show some fight.

'Foxes never quit' vanished years ago, the current bunch on paper are good players, what they lack is fight, spirit and a will to win and never give up, which comes from the manager, coaching staff and board.

We do not have this, so that is why this could be the worst 'team' we have had.

Key word. None of them have any bollox and that extends to the manager to.

Or maybe they just dont give a flying feck anymore. Individually they are of a reasonable tandard and skill level for the division that we are in, but aside from one or two, they couldn't give a rats arse about the club.

The worst thing about ti is that we all started the season with mroe optimism than we have had in recent memory.

Stats don't lie. Not necessarily the worst players individually but no one can deny that it's the worst effort/results by any squad for many years and therefore these players are the worst we've had.

That's not entirely true - stats can lie. The league however doesn't lie.

If we go down, then yes they are the worst team in our history, but they are by no means the worst players we have had.

Somebody in a different thread said that not one of these players would have made a Brian Little team! This IMO is rubbish, look at the players we had back then, most of them skill wise were well short, but what they did have was a manager that got them playing as a team and showing some spirit and we were proud of them.
This is just what we are seeing now in the likes of Hull, Stoke, Bristol City. They do not have the best players, but they play for each other and show some fight.

'Foxes never quit' vanished years ago, the current bunch on paper are good players, what they lack is fight, spirit and a will to win and never give up, which comes from the manager, coaching staff and board.

We do not have this, so that is why this could be the worst 'team' we have had.

This is precisely why we should have had Grayson as Manager & Little as director of football. People who give a feck and would not accept fairly talented yet lazy sods that are playing for us now. The worst side ever? I don't think so but certainly the worst togetherness I have ever witnessed from a Leicester team.

What's more they have ruined my weekends more often than not this season and if we go down all of the players should be put in stocks outside the clock tower for fraudulently posing as Leicester Players where we can all throw things at the buggers!! Hard but fair!!

This is precisely why we should have had Grayson as Manager & Little as director of football. People who give a feck and would not accept fairly talented yet lazy sods that are playing for us now. The worst side ever? I don't think so but certainly the worst togetherness I have ever witnessed from a Leicester team.

What's more they have ruined my weekends more often than not this season and if we go down all of the players should be put in stocks outside the clock tower for fraudulently posing as Leicester Players where we can all throw things at the buggers!! Hard but fair!!

really??? even though his side could be relegated in our place???:102:

really??? even though his side could be relegated in our place???:102:

Yeah because he's had a fortune to spend on his team like the fcukwits who have been in charge of us hasn't he? Oh yes that's right. His team which probably cost less than DJ Fecking Campbell is above us at the moment!! :102:

Last edited:
Yeah because he's had a fortune to spend on his team like the fcukwits who have been in charge of us hasn't he? Oh yes that's right. His team which probably cost less than DJ Fecking Canpbell is above us at the moment!! :102:

true enough but what about man management/motivation etc?? blackpool looked well clear but now theyre dragged back into it

I think we'll be fine so chill out. Ok?

true enough but what about man management/motivation etc?? blackpool looked well clear but now theyre dragged back into it

The fact he has got a team like Blackpool above the drop zone with 3 games to go is testament to me about the man's credentials. He is also not prone to bull s%%t excuses unlike the idiot who is in charge at the moment. Poor management and a refusal to accept responsibility from the Manager is one of the reasons why we are where we are.

Or maybe they just dont give a flying feck anymore. Individually they are of a reasonable tandard and skill level for the division that we are in, but aside from one or two, they couldn't give a rats arse about the club.

The worst thing about ti is that we all started the season with mroe optimism than we have had in recent memory.

Its easy to argue that none of the players care about the shirt and there is no team spirit, but maybe this is down to the fact that nearly all of them have only been here 2 seasons at the most, under several different managers.

Little and O'Neil had the time to create a squad and build the never say die spirit and until a manager has been given time to build his own squad we won't have it again.

And before you all start moaning I am not sticking up for Holloway just stating my opinion

The fact he has got a team like Blackpool above the drop zone with 3 games to go is testament to me about the man's credentials. He is also not prone to bull s%%t excuses unlike the idiot who is in charge at the moment. Poor management and a refusal to accept responsibility from the Manager is one of the reasons why we are where we are.

Its hard to argue about how well he has done when there is still a chance Blackpool could get relegated. If they stay up I agree that he will have done a brilliant job but they could easily slip into the relegation which would question his credentials as they were comfortably out of trouble half way through the season.

If we do go down this season it would suggest that this current squad is the worst in our history....Where did it all go so wrong? It can't all be down to the managers as the players have not performed for any of them. It can't be the coaching staff as they have changed several times also. It can't be MM's fault as he is too remote from the playing side. There is something far bigger than individuals wrong here.

Perhaps their dealer is just providing them with some really bad sh$t. Can anyone here sort them out? Other than this, I can't fathom out why a team recruited with costly players and high wage earners has not been in the top 10 since the club were relegated - even before MM they had a very high wage budget.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570