Are they the worst?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of those rare occasions when there is more or less a consensus.

I go back to when Norman Bullock was manager and I've seen many good, mediocre and bad City sides. My mind goes back to the McLintock season - which was dire. But there were certain reasons including that we had come to the end of an era of key players. Then there was a dramatic escape in the 90's with the Tony James goal - but even then people were quite sympathetic because the effort was there.

This situation is the worst. As people are saying, these are not individually the worst set of players. In fact they should be more than adequate to compete in the top half of the division. But they don't care and they are managed by someone who can't get to grips with the job.

I saw my first game in 1968. I have been on over eighty grounds now following Leicester. I have suffered the McLintock, Hamilton, Pleat eras and enjoyed all the good years around them. I have always said that the McLintock era was the worst season of football I have ever seen. On paper those players were also well capable of staying up but they could not give a feck.

The last four seasons have gotten progresively worse. I said at Easter that in my opinion the unwanted mantle of the worst ever Leicester side that I have seen has been passed down to the current squad. This is regardless of whether we stay up or go down. The complete lack of passion, pride and competativeness shown beggars belief. The Tony James side may have stayed up on a technicality but even they would beat this lot imo.

On paper means feck all. Results mean everything but a good performance will mitigate a loss if every player tries.

Is it really only ten seasons since I was in Madrid?

Tempis Fugit

Its easy to argue that none of the players care about the shirt and there is no team spirit, but maybe this is down to the fact that nearly all of them have only been here 2 seasons at the most, under several different managers.

Little and O'Neil had the time to create a squad and build the never say die spirit and until a manager has been given time to build his own squad we won't have it again.

And before you all start moaning I am not sticking up for Holloway just stating my opinion

This man speaks sense.

If we change manager every 6 months we are going to go nowhere except down. Milan or whoever has got to make a choice in the summer and stick with it, whether that is Holloway or someone else.

He also has to do this as soon as is possible after the end of the season, so that the manager then has enough time to sort out a squad which they actually want, not have to make do with an inherited one.

Maybe then we can start realistically thinking about promotion, whether that is to the Premiership or Championship remains to be seen.

This man speaks sense.

If we change manager every 6 months we are going to go nowhere except down.
Of course we are, because it means all the Managers are shit. Nobody wants to change the Manager every six months, it's in nobody's game plan, it's not the target.

Why do the Holloway apologists use this as their only argument?, what about his ability, his attitude, his results, the reaction he gets from the players. You only want to stick with a Manager if he passes all the criteria, Holloway doesn't, and still nobody has given a reasonable debate as to why he's any good. It's the same old "continuity" bollocks.

I don't want to change Manager every six months, but if it needs to happen until we find a Manager with more than half a braincell, it will happen.

Holloway is not suited to this club, his results are rubbish, every single scrap of evidence says so.

flees :icon_wink

I accept this is a "smart arse" answer lol

Tempus fugit is a Latin expression meaning "time flees", more commonly translated as "time flies". It is frequently used as an inscription on clocks. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tempus_fugit - 32k - Cached - Similar pages

Of course we are, because it means all the Managers are shit. Nobody wants to change the Manager every six months, it's in nobody's game plan, it's not the target.

Why do the Holloway apologists use this as their only argument?, what about his ability, his attitude, his results, the reaction he gets from the players. You only want to stick with a Manager if he passes all the criteria, Holloway doesn't, and still nobody has given a reasonable debate as to why he's any good. It's the same old "continuity" bollocks.

I don't want to change Manager every six months, but if it needs to happen until we find a Manager with more than half a braincell, it will happen.

Holloway is not suited to this club, his results are rubbish, every single scrap of evidence says so.

I didn't at any point say I wanted him to stay, just that in the summer a decision has to be made and then stuck to. We can't be firing managers in October if we haven't won every game.

I do think he might turn out alright for us, but nobody can excuse how shite we've been, so I don't expect him to stay.

What it all boils down to for Ollie is whether we stay up or go down. If we are doomed to the little leagues for the first time in our history then he will have to go.

If we stay up then he may be given a chance (I still say get rid and bring in Ince) to prove himself. What worries me is if he is given the chance then where do we go if we have another bad start to the season? Can we really risk this? I still remember what happened when we gave Peter "effing" Taylor millions to spend again in his second season. It almost cost us our existence as a football club!!

Rome wasn't built a day, Fergie didn't win titles in his first couple of seasons, Wenger didn't bear fruits for the first couple of season, MON's Villa were average last season, Clough's early years as a manager were patchy, the Second World War had a year with relatively no fighting...

Last edited:
Rome wasn't built a day
No, but on day one the plans were clear and the foundations were being laid.
Fergie didn't win titles in his first couple of seasons
No, but he shown a little promise after four months.
Wenger didn't bear fruits for the first couple of season
Are you saying we'll be competing in the Champions League in a couple of seasons?, are you comparing Holloway to Wenger?
MON's Villa were average last season
Average is good, if we were currently "average", I'd be screaming for Holloway to stay. We're not average, we're shit.
Clough's early years as a manager were patchy
Again, I wish we were "patchy"
the Second World War had a year with relatively no fighting...
And that is about the only sensible comparison you made, we have also had a year with no fight.

Last edited:
Why have the QPR, Preston and Burnley managerial changes this season been more successful than ours? They all changed managers around the time our clown arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669