Post Match Arsenal 2 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it was though wasn't it.

There are only 38 of them a season and if you have the attitude that some of them aren't even worth bothering with then find another sport

Christ, Leicester City fans should know better than to just give up because the other team is moderately better.
No, it wasn't. We have a far more important fixture midweek.

There are 38 matches we play in a season in the premier league. I'll agree with you on that. But, remember that there are other matches too. Our most important match this season in the away tie with Rennes. Surely you agree? Or do you think going all in on the Arsenal away game (risking injury and fatigue before the more important game) is a better play?

Well it was though wasn't it.

There are only 38 of them a season and if you have the attitude that some of them aren't even worth bothering with then find another sport

Christ, Leicester City fans should know better than to just give up because the other team is moderately better.
That was my immediate thought when it went it. A carbon copy of that goal and what, ten others we've conceded this season?

The most interesting yesterday was Arsenal had faced 119 corners. How many goal had they conceded? Not a single one.

That was my immediate thought when it went it. A carbon copy of that goal and what, ten others we've conceded this season?

The most interesting yesterday was Arsenal had faced 119 corners. How many goal had they conceded? Not a single one.
They don't have Kolo as their set piece coach, obviously.

It's soul destroying to see the same stupid thing happen over and over and over

Well I wouldn’t worry too much because if yesterday’s defending was anything to go by, we won’t be doing either this season.

Shame to concede from a corner, but after the goal I felt we were a real danger to Arsenal and unlucky not to equalise - certainly deserved in the first half. The penalty was a bitter blow but at 2-0 down we were unlikely to make it back. Arsenal should've scored more by the end - in truth, they were coasting.

The full backs in JJ and Ricki P can't do 90 mins yet so made total sense with that change.

I do agree that I would've liked to have seen Daka on for a midfield player, to see if by playing two up top we could've stretched Arsenal's defence. It did feel a tad like we'd thrown in the towel and decided on the big picture as opposed trying to win the game.

Let's hope that post international break we have the first 11 we had a pre-season glimpse of, which is worthy of a top-6 finish imho.

Not me.

Win stuff.

Absolutely. Winning the Community Shield was class even though it's a friendly. Winning owt sticks with you. I'd take a caribou cup over 4th tbh. The money people in clubs should be the only ones who value cl qualification over winning stuff.

Absolutely. Winning the Community Shield was class even though it's a friendly. Winning owt sticks with you. I'd take a caribou cup over 4th tbh. The money people in clubs should be the only ones who value cl qualification over winning stuff.

The "All in the Game" (Frankie W chipping beach balls into a paddling pool on ITV) trophy we won in 1977 helped to assuage the pain of being relegated, and I always regret we didn't make a better show of Quizball (Lady Isobel Barnett's 5 goal triumph versus Sheff U apart) or the Anglo-Italian Cup.

A season which might just see an open-top parade showing off the Community Shield and the ECL Cup would have to be marked a success in the wider scheme of things, surely?

Winning the ECL Cup IMO would be a good achievement, that's 2 more trophies than Spurs have won this season, be funny as **** if Vardy retired with a bag full of medals including a European one and that twonk Kane got **** all.
Vardy would of had a better career, what's the point in scoring loads of goals if you have naff all to show for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566