Match Thread Arsenal v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can Vardy fall like that without contact?

I know he can go down easy but it's physically impossible to fall like that without contact.

How can Vardy fall like that without contact?

I know he can go down easy but it's physically impossible to fall like that without contact.
No card

What a surprise. Can’t have us spoiling Arsenal’s fun in the sun. There’s people paying to watch this don’t you know?

You have been watching Vardy for the last decade haven't you? He's a master diver and always has been.
I've no problem calling him out when i think he is diving but i genuinely don't think he did there.

Ramsdale's chest bumped him over.

VAR overruled - no penalty
I thought I had said "**** you Mike Dean" for the last time when he retired at the end of last season.

This performance has a 2016/17 and 2018/19 feel about it.

A team without clear direction and purpose. A team suffering from a hangover.

We could actually be in trouble here.

Pretty much inevitable it gets overturned when they go to check the monitor. Just a bit of theatre so the game can be refereed according to how they want the result to go.

Was it clear and obvious that there was no contact? Clearly not.

Does it matter that Ramsdale 'tried' to pull out of his rash challenge? No

If the penalty stands does anybody complain that it was definitely not a penalty by law? No

If anything, Ramsdale is lucky to still be on the pitch as it could arguably have been last man and he didn't attempt to win the ball.

Poor VAR involvement

I don’t think we’ve been bad. In fact, we have played some very good football at times. We look a bit devoid of ideas up front however. I think there is contact and it’s a penalty but I wouldn’t have complained had it not been given by the ref at the time. The fact that VAR intervened and deemed it a clear and obvious error is annoying.

Problem for fans now is that feeling of waiting for the inevitable shoe to drop before the season can properly get started. He’s a dead man walking.

Well that was complete tripe.
We are immediately back to asking ourselves ‘what do they do all week?’ and ‘what did Rodgers expect to achieve today?’

I don’t think we’ve been bad. In fact, we have played some very good football at times. We look a bit devoid of ideas up front however. I think there is contact and it’s a penalty but I wouldn’t have complained had it not been given by the ref at the time. The fact that VAR intervened and deemed it a clear and obvious error is annoying.
Agree with all of that...

Arsenal have played well also. Hopefully BR picks his 1 sub carefully this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00