Post Match Aston Villa 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely NP would have hammered the players all week about our terrible marking. Why are we still not fixing it?

Both Moore & Konchesky just watched their men run off them for the equaliser. Benteke could easily have scored it if Clark hadn't.

It wasn't a mazy run by Clark either it was just a few yards and Moore simply let him go.

Lallana was the same the week before. Konchesky simply didn't follow his run into the box from the weak clearance.

Frustraing, stomach churning stuff from a team capable of much better.

Today was, I think the worst performance I have seen from us this season.

I can't believe how poor we were in all areas. As far as I'm concerned there were only two players who came out of that with any credit and that is Kasper and cambiasso.
Almost agree - I enjoyed Nugents shot but a great save by their keeper kept it out So -
Villa: two excellent crosses into the box = two well taken goals; Leicester zero excellent crosses into the box ( from either open play or set pieces) = no goals
Please tattoo on James' arm - THERE IS NO CITY PLAYER STANDING ANYWHERE NEAR THE FAR POST.
We can't rely on a comical fumble to fall at the striker's feet in every match.

Almost agree - I enjoyed Nugents shot but a great save by their keeper kept it out So -
Villa: two excellent crosses into the box = two well taken goals; Leicester zero excellent crosses into the box ( from either open play or set pieces) = no goals
Please tattoo on James' arm - THERE IS NO CITY PLAYER STANDING ANYWHERE NEAR THE FAR POST.
We can't rely on a comical fumble to fall at the striker's feet in every match.

Incorrect, when Cambiasso finally took at corner it was a fantastic ball that nobody had the quality to attack.

Incorrect, when Cambiasso finally took at corner it was a fantastic ball that nobody had the quality to attack.

Maybe they weren't expecting a decent cross and were too busy trying to get past the far post or just on the edge of the penalty area nearest the taker where 99/100 of the balls ends up.

Last edited:
No post match podcast for this one. Did RL actually speak to Pearson?

Maybe they weren't expecting a decent cross and were too busy trying to get past the far post or just on the edge of the penalty area nearest the taker where 99/100 of the balls ends up.

I miss Steve Guppy.

Oh come on, you'll be telling us penalties are taken from a spot on 10.9728 metres next.

When a pitch is marked out in metric measurements, the penalty spot is marked at 11 metres. Most, but not all, pitch measurements are also similarly rounded up or down.

When a pitch is marked out in metric measurements, the penalty spot is marked at 11 metres. Most, but not all, pitch measurements are also similarly rounded up or down.

Seriously? Didn't know that. Ditto the 18 yard box as well presumably?

Seriously? Didn't know that. Ditto the 18 yard box as well presumably?

Yes - seriously!

18 yard box? I presume you mean the 16.5 metre box. And the accompanying 5.5 metre goal area.

The arc, the centre circle remain at a much more sensible 9.15 metres; a measurement also retained for the short lines at right angles to the goal-line and touch-line to show the distance that defenders must stand away whilst a corner kick is being taken. Presumably the referees are also instructed to spray their crazy foam at 9.15 metres at appropriate times.

Goal posts are separated by an exacting 7.32 metres with the cross bar 2.44 metres from the ground. The minimum height of corner flags is marginally decreased at 1.5 metres but players taking the kick have slightly less chance of kicking the flag as the quadrant is marked at 1 metre.

Anything else you didn't know?
:icon_wink

Yes - seriously!

18 yard box? I presume you mean the 16.5 metre box. And the accompanying 5.5 metre goal area.

The arc, the centre circle remain at a much more sensible 9.15 metres; a measurement also retained for the short lines at right angles to the goal-line and touch-line to show the distance that defenders must stand away whilst a corner kick is being taken. Presumably the referees are also instructed to spray their crazy foam at 9.15 metres at appropriate times.

Goal posts are separated by an exacting 7.32 metres with the cross bar 2.44 metres from the ground. The minimum height of corner flags is marginally decreased at 1.5 metres but players taking the kick have slightly less chance of kicking the flag as the quadrant is marked at 1 metre.

Anything else you didn't know?
:icon_wink

****ing EU - sooner we pull out of Europe and go back to imperial measurements the better we old fogies will feel ;-)

****ing EU - sooner we pull out of Europe and go back to imperial measurements the better we old fogies will feel ;-)

Quick question - has anybody ever seen spion and the prospective UKIP parliamentary candidate for Thanet South (my home constituency) in the same room?

Quick question - has anybody ever seen spion and the prospective UKIP parliamentary candidate for Thanet South (my home constituency) in the same room?

Thanet South has the same initials etc as Terry South. Hmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566