Post Match Aston Villa 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, he's here for the duration. John Percy in the Telegraph says so and he's usually well informed about us. Your man is safe. I'm beginning to think he'll still be being wheeled out to take the mongies adulation in another thirty years time. Change is bad see.

Anyway, just had a look at the table from this time last season so see how things compared. Interesting to note that the bottom two at this stage had both recently changed their managers. Sunderland and Palace must have got relegated then . . .

I think you are probably right. Pearson will almost certainly remain.

The owners will likely make a business decision based on an assumption that we will be relegated. I think there is little chance of them wanting to spend serious money in January for what is probably a lost cause. In any case the players who might have made a difference won't join us. I realise that Jeff doesn't mean it this way, but his observation that we might pick up Premier League loan deals for me just corroborates the view that we will only get players that other managers don't want/need.

Given that we are looking at relegation who would be better than Pearson to manage us next season? Not many - and especially given that he is on a longish contract, he is probably safe.

A tragic misjudgement was made about the viabiity of the squad. Unfortunately this only became generally obvious in the last couple of months ago. I disagree entirely with the Jeff view that it is not too late for us to recover ...We are stuffed and looking at a miserable points total. Very sad.

Today was, I think the worst performance I have seen from us this season.

I can't believe how poor we were in all areas. As far as I'm concerned there were only two players who came out of that with any credit and that is Kasper and cambiasso.

I don't think it was an embarrassment. I think it was sensible to cancel the substitution once it was realised that if Moore was booked it would have left us with only one central defender available for today's match. Maybe they should have thought of that earlier - but how many fans watching had thought of it?

Me!! however, can a player really not be trusted to not pick up a yellow when he knows the score. surely at 1-2, we would have been better to secure the defence and give ourselves the full 25 mins to find an equaliser. as it was , the third meant we only, in effect, had 15.

I don't find it funny and I cant remove subjectivity, this is due to me actually being a Leicester supporter.

I strive to reach the upper echelons of LCFC fandom, until I do I will continue to find it funny.

I strive to reach the upper echelons of LCFC fandom, until I do I will continue to find it funny.

What exactly do you find funny?

If you don't take a step back and have a chuckle at the whole situation we found ourselves in, it will consume you.

I don't really find it funny from any distance, we arent being hammered by anyone and its not great to see the lads who got us here struggling and quite obviously effected.

Strange thing to find funny imo.

I don't really find it funny from any distance, we arent being hammered by anyone and its not great to see the lads who got us here struggling and quite obviously effected.

Strange thing to find funny imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another loss to a poor team. IMO the players seem to be behind NP and are giving effort. Villas first goal was a combination of a needless foul (i think by Wasyl) and poor marking by Liam, who i thought otherwise played ok. We certainly seem to be getting punished for any errors we make, although why Agbonlohor was allowed to run 50 metres (for Villas second) was diabolical play on our part. Its doubtfull now that we can survive this season with or without a change of manager. NP seemed to learn from experience after mistakes he made in the Championship, i hope he can do the same in this League for when we return as it appears the owners will stick by him. Yes its a tough league but if we had bought some quality players in the summer rather than stick with the same squad we would have been better prepared. The last 3 games were all winnable, but im afraid were now looking in a hopeless position

I can imagine Upson being chucked straight in as soon as he's fit...he can't be much worse than the rest of or defence.

And for all those suggesting that our best player against Villa should be dropped (Schmeichel), you're clearly an imbecile.

For the equaliser?

His marking for their 1st goal was utterly shambolic, there was one man that needed to be watched carefully, Liam did that, he literally watched him.

Granted he had 2 men on the final goal.

You shouldn't allow a player to stoop when heading a ball. If he was anywhere close, he would have stopped it.

If you don't take a step back and have a chuckle at the whole situation we found ourselves in, it will consume you.

There's always another way, that's just having a sense of perspective. The reality is there is very little the average fan can do to change his team's fortunes. Just enjoy the ride. There will be another couple of highs this season. That's football.

Last edited:
No, it' s just funny and laughable isn't it?

As I said, I don't find funny. I do laugh at the footy but not what's turned out on the pitch.

What I do enjoy is the social side of football, I always will and that is regardless of division. I am not advocating that I want a return to the Championship. I want to see us play the best teams and in the best stadiums. That as a result normally means the best cities this country has to offer.

I support Pearson and want the club to keep him in place regardless of what happens this year.

I also think that Ian Stringer is a hopeless journalist and Pearson is right to treat him with the disdain his questions deserve.

BUT, would the club please give him some media training. The media attention and focus is massive compared to what he has ever experienced.

Chuckling with Lambert is just not what the fans, the majority of which support him, want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566