Post Match Aston Villa 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pearson says:

Never rains it pours. Another frustrating afternoon. Conceded a really sloppy equaliser. Winning goal, not had the awareness we need to have.
Our inability to defend the ball into the box has let us down. Only ourselves can rectify things. Need to work hard.

Vardy's challenge, no complaint about the yellow card. He's aggresive but not malicious.

Ulloa, looks like a clash of knees. No complaint about it.

Konchesky - unclear why he was sent off. Initially he was told it was for the challenge challenge, now it seems to be about the clash of heads.

There's no quick fix. The foundation to be competitive is to retain the desire to work hard. There's a strong team ethic in the dressing room.

There's no point me (NP) worrying, he's a proud man and wants to stay in charge, but there's no point allowing the pressure to affect the way he does the job. The players are behind him. He'll continue to do the job the way he thinks is right until he's told otherwise.

References to hard work always worry me when coming from managers.Nobody denies you get nowhere without it but if he genuinely thinks it's enough to solve the problem he's wrong.Lack of quality is the issue.You can't solve that by hard work.We're not Wimbledon & it's not 1988.From what I've seen we don't have a single defender of Prem quality at the club.Moore MIGHT be but not for another 2/3 years.The rest are too limited.We need to try to scrape a couple of points together by January & then see who we can realistically get.

Last edited:
References to hard work always worry me when coming from managers.Nobody denies you get nowhere without it but if he genuinely thinks it's enough to solve the problem he's wrong.Lack of quality is the issue.You can't solve that by hard work.We're not Wimbledon & it's not 1988.From what I've seen we don't have a single defender of Prem quality at the club.Moore MIGHT be but not for another 2/3 years.The rest are too limited.We need to try to scrape a couple of points together by January & then see who we can realistically get.
Moore was the main culprit in the equaliser.

"Right or wrong I don't think the owners will want to risk it after waiting longer than they planned for us to actually get here"

Any well-run club is going to have different plans for different scenarios, including one (at least) that allows for relegation. That isn't defeatist, it would be folly to do otherwise. The owners have previously demonstrated patience and trust in Pearson in the face of setbacks. Kneejerk decisions don't seem to be their forte.

"Right or wrong I don't think the owners will want to risk it after waiting longer than they planned for us to actually get here"

Any well-run club is going to have different plans for different scenarios, including one (at least) that allows for relegation. That isn't defeatist, it would be folly to do otherwise. The owners have previously demonstrated patience and trust in Pearson in the face of setbacks. Kneejerk decisions don't seem to be their forte.

I agree...but before now we weren't in the promised land which was always their target.That might be enough to trigger a change of attitude.

"I agree...but before now we weren't in the promised land which was always their target.That might be enough to trigger a change of attitude."

That's possible, true.

Last edited:
Absolute pish.

Our positioning for defending is woeful, our control is abysmal, our passing is shocking

All PeestAin's fault. Must be. Can't be the players

Get Poohlish in

Harsh! He was left to mark two players.

For the equaliser?

His marking for their 1st goal was utterly shambolic, there was one man that needed to be watched carefully, Liam did that, he literally watched him.

Granted he had 2 men on the final goal.

For the equaliser?

His marking for their 1st goal was utterly shambolic, there was one man that needed to be watched carefully, Liam did that, he literally watched him.

Granted he had 2 men on the final goal.
watch it again. We had three men in the wall, which left us short at the far end with two city players marking three villa players. Moore was the one closer to Clark but the real mistake is to put one too many in the wall

Absolutely piss poor. What made Pearson think that a team of Championship players could perform at this level???? It's only f*****g December and we're down with possibly the lowest points tally in PL history and I'm really p****d off. We'll get mullered by City next week and I just don't see where the next points are coming from. I know people are saying it's too early to throw the towel in, but after that shite against a side who are going to struggle all year, I can't see any other outcome. Waited 10 years for this and we pissed away the advantage of early promotion when we didn't buy the players that are needed at this level. As well as this team did in the Championship last year, even the most naive knew that this league is a different world and we needed to strengthen throughout the side.
We are bottom for a very good reason - we're the worst side in this league by a distance.

Absolutely piss poor. What made Pearson think that a team of Championship players could perform at this level???? It's only f*****g December and we're down with possibly the lowest points tally in PL history and I'm really p****d off. We'll get mullered by City next week and I just don't see where the next points are coming from. I know people are saying it's too early to throw the towel in, but after that shite against a side who are going to struggle all year, I can't see any other outcome. Waited 10 years for this and we pissed away the advantage of early promotion when we didn't buy the players that are needed at this level. As well as this team did in the Championship last year, even the most naive knew that this league is a different world and we needed to strengthen throughout the side.
We are bottom for a very good reason - we're the worst side in this league by a distance.
We ARE City!

Burnley
QPR
West Brom
Palace
Villa
Sunderland

Not beaten one of them, and it wan't down to not working hard.

Pretty clear Pearson won't keep us up so it's down to the owners now. If we are to keep him on in the hopes of bouncing back next year please can we atleast pick up another two points just to overtake Derby's shitty record?

Almost felt sorry for Kasper today, he was like the star of some Western being shot at for 90 mins...

Would fecking love to see Defoe bought in in January, we need the goals but more importantly we need to tighten up so much, defending is almost comical at times. Two vastly experienced prem center backs would be fecking super!!

Really think though, Pulis is probably the only chance we've got at staying up.

I agree...but before now we weren't in the promised land which was always their target.That might be enough to trigger a change of attitude.

What will it take for Nige to get the sack? I had made the assumption that the Thais had offered up the war chest to Nige over the summer to bring in whoever it was going to take to keep us up this season yet given what has been on offer in last couple of months and little or no apparent stirring in the board room I'm rethinking that assumption.

Could it be that Nige's transfer activity was checked by the Owners in the summer? Would setting a wage cap and ceiling be a decision for NP or the commercial arm of the business? There's a fair bit of talk of NP boosting the squad in the New Year, perhaps that's the owners making up for not backing NP's full ambition in the summer? I don't know but there's more to it then meets the eye for me here.

Despite all that I do think confidence in that squad is now at such a low that couldn't be recovered under the same management team or even by bringing in a couple of new signings today.

Ah well, looks like a good 10k will be doing something different with their Saturday afternoons from next August.
As far as our performances go, I do actually believe they are playing to the best of their abilities, sadly its at a level which is well below what is needed. Imo Pearson has totally misread the gulf between the decent championship team and those of the lower reaches of the prem.
Unlikely to get a win before xmas, by which time we will need snookers.

Ah well, looks like a good 10k will be doing something different with their Saturday afternoons from next August.
As far as our performances go, I do actually believe they are playing to the best of their abilities, sadly its at a level which is well below what is needed. Imo Pearson has totally misread the gulf between the decent championship team and those of the lower reaches of the prem.
Unlikely to get a win before xmas, by which time we will need snookers.

Yup, and not just snookers but we'll need to land on the Get out of Jail free square whilst holding a fistful of four leaf clovers and lucky heather purchased from the luckiest pikey on planet lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669