Post Match Aston Villa 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very poor second half. Frankly resigned to relegation. Pearson may as well try out formations for the Championship now

Well the players he's bought are already Championship players.
Simpson and Albrighton today looked at best average Championship players and even the players we had from last season looked so too. James was particularly poor today. Drinkwater - I've said earlier this season how poor he was, but he must come in instead otherwise Man City will just walk through us like they did last season.

We cannot play a central midfield of two players. We are getting completely overrun. Thought Simpson defended well. Thought Cambiasso played well. Matty James put is a decent shift but his set piece delivery was awful. The one time we let Cambiasso take a corner and it fizzes across goal, causing danger.

We need to go to 4-5-1 with Ulloa up top and hope we can keep games tight.

We just can't play 4 in midfield, Cambiasso is not able to function in this system. They are overrun time and time again.

That was utterly shit, in nearly every imaginable way.

I have been saying it for a while to friends but we have nowhere near enough quality for this division. Our players are not at this level I'm afraid.

If Matty James takes another free kick or corner I am personally going down to that training pitch to see what the **** they are doing in the week. Cambiasso finally took a corder and it was simply fantastic, we are so ****ing unintelligent that not one of them attacked it.

I have earmarked Jeffrey as an embarrassment for quite some time, but tonight he reinforced this view, he has't got the foggiest about what he is going to do next, completely and utterly out of his depth.

As for leaving in until nearly the 80th minute to introduce a player who had everything to prove, baffling.

Quality is miles away, urgency was non existent, can't see us picking up a point before Christmas.

Yet a managerial change is not likely to improve things.

We just can't play 4 in midfield, Cambiasso is not able to function in this system. They are overrun time and time again.

Cambiasso is certainly not the one to highlight here, he covers so much ground it's utterly admirable. He is let down by the fact he is surrounded on ever side by Championship players.

I thought we did very well considering some of the players we have got.
Mahrez again very lively and Kasper saving the blushes of a shakey defence.
Thug-Hutton effectively turned the game by donning his cape of invisibility to ghost, unseen, down our left flank and score the winner and then getting Konch sent off.....incompetent refereeing also having a hand in this, of course.

Last edited:
We are scoring again. It is the defence and goalkeeping that is letting us down.

We need a decent centre half, and Hamer has earned a go in goal. How much worse can he be?

Please tell me you are taking the piss? If it wan't for Kasper it would have been a total humiliation tonight.

In all of the last 3 games we've conceded within a few minutes of taking the lead or equalising.No resilience whatsoever,defensively inept.Its actually criminal as beyond the top 3 I haven't seen anything remarkable in this division this season.Newcastle were piss awful when they beat us.6 weeks later they were in the CL places! The Prem is weak beyond what anyone seems to want to admit which makes our shitty performances all the more frustrating.Burnley have played better than us in recent weeks! As have QPR.Both teams we were streets better than last season.& Burnley spent about 2 bob in the summer.

Villa have been a festering pile of wank for at least 4 seasons now & still beat us today.Whatever the problem is if we don't get 2 wins before Xmas I'd say that Nige will be on his way.Right or wrong I don't think the owners will want to risk it after waiting longer than they planned for us to actually get here.The lousy defending in particular makes the image of Pulis loom larger in their minds I'm sure.

Last edited:
Pearson says:

Never rains it pours. Another frustrating afternoon. Conceded a really sloppy equaliser. Winning goal, not had the awareness we need to have.
Our inability to defend the ball into the box has let us down. Only ourselves can rectify things. Need to work hard.

Vardy's challenge, no complaint about the yellow card. He's aggresive but not malicious.

Ulloa, looks like a clash of knees. No complaint about it.

Konchesky - unclear why he was sent off. Initially he was told it was for the challenge challenge, now it seems to be about the clash of heads.

There's no quick fix. The foundation to be competitive is to retain the desire to work hard. There's a strong team ethic in the dressing room.

There's no point me (NP) worrying, he's a proud man and wants to stay in charge, but there's no point allowing the pressure to affect the way he does the job. The players are behind him. He'll continue to do the job the way he thinks is right until he's told otherwise.

Our defending and taking of set pieces are an absolute disgrace which suggests we don't work the right way in terms of training.

Pains me to say it, but I think Pearson is a dead man walking :icon_sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670