Post Match Aston Villa 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember how we all laughed when S Gerrard became a PL manager?
Well, noboby (in Leicester) is laughing now.

P.S. I thought we would improve without Soumare
P.P.S. What a totally gutless, inept, enervated performance

It’s not the result as much as the inevitability of it all. We’ve become the team that others look forward to facing as we’re so predictable. Doldrums and then some.

First half good but crap defending cost us. Second half crap and crap defending cost us.

Luke Thomas is dreadful. Lookman and Dewberries were both dreadful.

Madison, Barnes and Daka get a pass but for the rest it was yet another rather lacklustre display full of insipid defensive inability..

When you know, you know. I get the feeling they all want it over and done with.

We can kiss goodbye to some of our better players too because the season is a write off.
I hope we can pay for the stadium and training facilities in the championship then.

First half good but crap defending cost us. Second half crap and crap defending cost us.

Luke Thomas is dreadful. Lookman and Dewberries were both dreadful.

Madison, Barnes and Daka get a pass but for the rest it was yet another rather lacklustre display full of insipid defensive inability..
That is remarkably harsh on KDH who was our best player along side Maddison and Barnes. Daka had a good first half but was invisible during the second.

Our problem is Soyuncu and Evans. They are a major, major, liability at the moment and have lost all confidence in themselves and one another. I just cannot begin to explain how awful the pair of them have been for ages now. Would we be any worse with Vestergaard and Amartey? On paper, yes but in reality it's hard to fathom how.

don’t worry Frank Lampard will sort it out…

Unless things change rapidly we are in danger of getting relegated we can't keep giving the opposition 2 goals every game and expect to get anything out of it.

Unless things change rapidly we are in danger of getting relegated we can't keep giving the opposition 2 goals every game and expect to get anything out of it.

I got 50/1 on us going down. When Newcastle beat us next week, those odds will crash. Get on it now is my advice.

That is remarkably harsh on KDH who was our best player along side Maddison and Barnes. Daka had a good first half but was invisible during the second.

Our problem is Soyuncu and Evans. They are a major, major, liability at the moment and have lost all confidence in themselves and one another. I just cannot begin to explain how awful the pair of them have been for ages now. Would we be any worse with Vestergaard and Amartey? On paper, yes but in reality it's hard to fathom how.

KDH was little better than Soumare tonight. Thought he had more time on the ball than he had and got dispossessed on numerous occasions by dallying. Showed instances of poor control that also cost possession. Had final ball quality about on par with Ademola Lookman. Two half chances fell to him that ended up in row Z. I see no potential there at all. Strikes me as one of those where the Championship might be his top level...

Maybe it is a bit harsh given that he's not played much and just trying to settle in to an underperforming side at the minute but you can only go on what you've seen so far.

The only positive that came out of this game is that it was played late on a Sunday so at least it didn't ruin the whole weekend

KDH was little better than Soumare tonight. Thought he had more time on the ball than he had and got dispossessed on numerous occasions by dallying. Showed instances of poor control that also cost possession. Had final ball quality about on par with Ademola Lookman. Two half chances fell to him that ended up in row Z. I see no potential there at all. Strikes me as one of those where the Championship might be his top level...

Maybe it is a bit harsh given that he's not played much and just trying to settle in to an underperforming side at the minute but you can only go on what you've seen so far.
Completely agree

Surely if you can’t defend a cross into the box you have to play the one defender who is big enough to head the ****ing ball. Vestergaard might not be Paulo Maldini but when a team is struggling the first thing you do is try and stop the other team scoring first and foremost… however ugly that may be

He wasn't brilliant. I don't think anyone was. He was definitely an improvement on Soumare though.

Our defending of corners is now a complete failure.

BR is failing, massively.

Glad I went

Oh - and that free kick from Maddison in the final minutes - followed by a yellow card - just the sort of thing to really impress the England manager.
The 'swagger' didn't last long did it?

Second half today was nearly as bad as first half on Wednesday.

I’m shitting it every time we concede a corner or set piece, unfortunately it looks like the players are too.

Maybe we’ve been over achieving for the last couple of seasons, but that was utter utter shite.
The fans are now at the point where they are so convinced we will concede from the corner that it's killed there passion a bit,

It's just inevitable and completely unacceptable

You're always conned by moments.

KDH, Barnes and Maddison were all very similar today. You could put together a two minute clip video of their performance and it would look great. In moments, they look top quality. Unfortunately, the game isn't two minutes long.

For most of the game they were all not good enough. Maddison was great against Watford and Southampton but today he was back to his previous self. The odd positive thing mixed into loads of poor play. Barnes was great for spells in the first half and then disappeared. KDH made some good runs and passes and then gave the ball away cheaply, missed clear opportunities to put forwards in, and generally just ran out of ideas and energy.

You call out Evans and Soyuncu and neither player is playing well right now. But they're getting precious little support and protection from the players around them. So many times, it's them against three of four forwards whilst the two minute players jog back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Ipswich4389
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263