Pre Match Aston Villa v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Another big game and another chance for NP to fathom out what were doing wrong and rectify it. IMO the players showed fight and spirit the other night but thats not enough in this league NP is still relying on our creativity from wide positions which is fine but more often than not 2 central midfielders will get overan against teams who play 3 or 4 in there. I expect Moore to deputise for Morgan, i also think Albrighton will start against his former club, whether its in a wide position or in the middle to help Cambo and James nott sure, Villa tend to play deep and attack on the break even at home. Obviously we must keep a tight rein on Benteke but legally if possible. I say it every game but i think/hope we can snatch 3 points here prediction 1-2 Albrighton Vardy

Obviously we must keep a tight rein on Benteke but legally if possible.

What on earth are you insinuating?

"You put your big Pole in, your big pole out....."

Ironic I guess. Everyone was calling for width and 442. We got it and Gerrard killed us.

An inform Drinkwater, King or Hammond for that matter as the 3rd alongside James and Cambiasso and it might have been different.

Let's hope Moore is at the top of his game because Benteke could be the difference for a distinctly average Villa side.

3-2 Leicester

End to end madness

Ironic I guess. Everyone was calling for width and 442. We got it and Gerrard killed us.

An inform Drinkwater, King or Hammond for that matter as the 3rd alongside James and Cambiasso and it might have been different.

Let's hope Moore is at the top of his game because Benteke could be the difference for a distinctly average Villa side.

I just wish we were "distinctly average".

0-0, Paul Merson testing Flowers from range.

4-4 after being 4-1 down and a certain person losing it as the equaliser goes in

PS Still have this game on an old C90 cassette somewhere.

Geoff Peters commentating on that one?

It's time to make a change.

Hamer

Da Laet
Moore
Was
Schlupp

Mahrez
Drinky
Cambiasso
Albrighton

King

Ulloa

No I'm sure it was Geoff in his days doing RL commentaries
Although Gary may have reacted the same way.

Sir Gary did it in the BBC offices when the late, late equaliser went in he went batty stupid.
That was on national not local radio. ( I lived away from Leicester then) So, Geof may have done it on RL. Therefore we are both right ;)
When Gary went loopy, it was flipping Brill :)

I think that the starting line-up for the Villa game will be the same except for the necessary changes for suspensions. It's not the way that most people on here would like but I won't be surprised myself if we start with a similar set up. NP could be trying to get a settled team.

James hasn't positively influenced a single game that he has played in so far this season. I say 'positively' cos he certainly negatively influenced the Burnley game and the Newcastle and Sunderland games when he should have given us the lead. Now I'm not saying that Drinkwater has and I do see the merits of keeping a settled midfield pairing but with James and Cambiasso in there we haven't exactly had much success.

Our best results came with Hammond and King in midfield

Just saying....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572