Pre Match Aston Villa v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Hammond is match fit then I think he will play.

I can't imagine that he would go with only the same two in midfield - maybe Hammond for Cambiasso (tired legs).

0-0 draw - at best.

Apart from Benteke, they are complete and utter shite

For no apparent rationale or reason, I think we will beat them

3-2 Leicester

Oh and James nor Drinkwater are good enough at this level at the moment.

However, James could at least tell you what the opposition keeper looks like as he does face that way occasionally, unlike Danny boy who presumably fancies the pants off Kasper.

3-2 Leicester

Oh and James nor Drinkwater are good enough at this level at the moment.

However, James could at least tell you what the opposition keeper looks like as he does face that way occasionally, unlike Danny boy who presumably fancies the pants off Kasper.

Perhaps explains why Kasper never ventures off his line. Mystery solved.

As close as possible I'd keep the same team and tactics as the Liverpool game.

I think we can cause these some serious problems if we attack them with pace.

As close as possible I'd keep the same team and tactics as the Liverpool game.

I think we can cause these some serious problems if we attack them with pace.

I hope you're right. Poor teams are beating us with ease so we must hope that Villa are even worse than us. It's supposed to be a charitable time of year.

It's utterly depressing to look at the league table and see what a mess we're making of things. Irrespective of what anyone may think, I care passionately about this club and have watched them week in, week out for a fecking long time. Ten mostly tedious seasons and this is what happens when we finally get back up to the only league that matters. I rant and moan and argue because I give a shit.

This week my 9 year old daughter has been told by several of her friends that Santa isn't real. I've tried to cover this up and maintain the illusion for another year but I can tell that she's not quite buying it.

I wish I could believe in NP the way many of you do. But he really is just a dressed up Dad playing his part for the best of reasons. I know he's not real and I know he's going to take us down. He just isn't the real thing and you're making kids of yourselves if you don't see it. There is a world of difference between a Premier League manager and a Championship one.

Can we go to Villa and attack them and win? Of course it's possible. But our complete lack of sophistication and glaring weaknesses make us such easy prey for any opponent with their wits about them.

That game against Man Utd was marvellous though. There was one special day where we could believe that anything was possible.

BN, just be careful that your love for LCFC doesn't become a personal agenda against NP.
All LCFC fans want us to survive this season, but blaming everything that goes wrong at LCFC on the manager is not the answer. We have a squad of good players. We are not far off from where we all want to be this season.

Take a deep breath, stand back and look where we are. We're not adrift at the bottom. We are finding our feet, and I believe we are not far from this season's success.
Changing the manager, as you are so insistent on, imo, will take us backwards.

If we lose our next 6 games and are adrift, you can quite rightly say, I told you so, but I don't think it will come to that.

BN I actually quite like your posts you can see you are passionate and care about the club, much in the same way as a lot of the fans who are still behind Pearson. the reason I am still firmly behind him is for the following reasons.

1) as you say the last 10 years we have largely been in the doldrums, except for 4 seasons under Pearson where we clinched 2 titles and in the other two we were a piss poor penalty kick away from play off final and another trip(s) to Wembley.

2) 2 big name managers with far "sexier" CV's took over after Pearson's first reign and spent a kings ransom as they dismantled the good work done by him and his team.

3) on both occasions he has come to the club he has been prepared to rebuild after the club and team has been left in disarray

4) he and his back room team have a history of building teams full of young hungry players, he has an excellent scouting network

5) he has proved he can bounce back and more importantly can re-energise the players after adverse run of results

6) the players and owners clearly believe in him and his methods

7) all the above IMO gives him this season and definitely next season as I think this is a temporary blip, the players and manager are learning at this level but I honestly believe 2nd half of season with a couple of astute additions we will come good and the rest they say will be history, if we don't then I believe we have the man in place to bring us back up better and stronger next time.

BN I actually quite like your posts you can see you are passionate and care about the club, much in the same way as a lot of the fans who are still behind Pearson. the reason I am still firmly behind him is for the following reasons.

1) as you say the last 10 years we have largely been in the doldrums, except for 4 seasons under Pearson where we clinched 2 titles and in the other two we were a piss poor penalty kick away from play off final and another trip(s) to Wembley.

2) 2 big name managers with far "sexier" CV's took over after Pearson's first reign and spent a kings ransom as they dismantled the good work done by him and his team.

3) on both occasions he has come to the club he has been prepared to rebuild after the club and team has been left in disarray

4) he and his back room team have a history of building teams full of young hungry players, he has an excellent scouting network

5) he has proved he can bounce back and more importantly can re-energise the players after adverse run of results

6) the players and owners clearly believe in him and his methods

7) all the above IMO gives him this season and definitely next season as I think this is a temporary blip, the players and manager are learning at this level but I honestly believe 2nd half of season with a couple of astute additions we will come good and the rest they say will be history, if we don't then I believe we have the man in place to bring us back up better and stronger next time.

All valid points chap. Your confidence in NP is admirable and I wish I could share the patience you offer him in spades. I do respect the positive things he's done for us in the past too.

Just a couple of retorts. Firstly, all the things you say in NPs favour have been achieved at a lower level. He's shown absolutely no sign of becoming a sophisticated Premier League manager. Maybe he will learn, evolve and become one. But where is the evidence for this and what if he doesn't?

Secondly, I'm not interested in a sexier managerial alternative. The only candidate I am supporting is just about the only manager around that is less sexy than NP. It's nothing to do with change for the sake of it or because I want us to trade up somehow. I just want someone working with these players that can organise them and enable them to get results in this league.

Anyway, I'll shut up about all this in two weeks time. Then it becomes pointless to make the change and sticking to your plan becomes the only realistic one left.

I have a good feeling about this one:

1. We´re rock-bottom, so the only way is up,
2. Wes, who has been a bit off-form can have a well needed rest....and Moore is back!
3. I am not feeling the urge to hide behind the sofa.

I reckon we´ll get at least 1 point from this match COYB:038:

Last edited:
lets all put our manager views to the side and get behind the team. Newcastle have proved that one win can make a massive difference/effect on our club. Its great to get that "weve scored feeling" back again.. now for the "blow the fecking whistle ref weve got 3 poibts" feeling

This week my 9 year old daughter has been told by several of her friends that Santa isn't real. I've tried to cover this up and maintain the illusion for another year but I can tell that she's not quite buying it.

If that's true then I think you've done well to get her as far as that in this day and age.

I hope you're right. Poor teams are beating us with ease so we must hope that Villa are even worse than us. It's supposed to be a charitable time of year.

It's utterly depressing to look at the league table and see what a mess we're making of things. Irrespective of what anyone may think, I care passionately about this club and have watched them week in, week out for a fecking long time. Ten mostly tedious seasons and this is what happens when we finally get back up to the only league that matters. I rant and moan and argue because I give a shit.

Can we go to Villa and attack them and win? Of course it's possible. But our complete lack of sophistication and glaring weaknesses make us such easy prey for any opponent with their wits about them.

That game against Man Utd was marvellous though. There was one special day where we could believe that anything was possible.

I have never been Pearsons biggest fan, and have had a number of concerns during his time here, however the improvement over the last 2 games gives me hope that Pearson and the players are learning.

Pearson knows these players and I doubt anyone else could get any better out of them. So while I probably wouldn't be bothered if Pearson were sacked, I do think Pearson and the players probably deserve a bit more time to adapt to this level. But they need to learn fast

I think our start to the season misled Pearson and the players as to just how much they needed to improve, but hopefully now they realise, and i think they are beginning to respond.

Last edited:
I have never been Pearsons biggest fan, and have had a number of concerns during his time here, however the improvement over the last 2 games gives me hope that Pearson and the players are learning.

Pearson knows these players and I doubt anyone else could get any better out of them. So while I probably wouldn't be bothered if Pearson were sacked, I do think Pearson and the players probably deserve a bit more time to adapt to this level. But they need to learn fast

I think our start to the season misled Pearson and the players as to just how much they needed to improve, but hopefully now they realise, and i think they are beginning to respond.

This is the big question. Have they got the capacity to improve? The last couple of games suggests that they are putting in a lot of effort - but are error prone and get picked off.

Sunday's game is fascinating and may provide some of the answers.

Incidentally, it will be very difficult and very costly to make "astute signings" in January. The opportunities were missed in the summer. Either way I think he will mainly have to rely on current playing resources - tho' it would be great if they can bring in a couple of players who are Preier League quality.

A must win game in my opinion.

Lose and I fear we are ****ed.

14 games and he hasn't become a 'sophisticated Premier League manager'

Seriously?

You couldn't make it up, really

Laughable, ludicrous, and completely pathetic.

That verse alone takes away from any serious point BM has made.

Madness, brattish 'i want it now' madness

**** modern day fans and their hideous lack of patience and sense of entitlement.

That verse alone takes away from any serious point BM has made.

Madness, brattish 'i want it now' madness

**** modern day fans and their hideous lack of patience and sense of entitlement.
I want us to start winning soon simply so Redditch disappears again and I don't have to hear about the bleeding transfer policy any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669