Pre Match Aston Villa v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
14 games and he hasn't become a 'sophisticated Premier League manager'

Seriously?

You couldn't make it up, really

Laughable, ludicrous, and completely pathetic.

Just because your view is different, there really is no need for this. Argue a little better than these lame comments or don't bother. I could call you homer for the fact that your view on most subjects changes every five minutes. But that sort of thing gets us nowhere.

NP is not a kid. He's been in management for fifteen years. He's worked with the England U21s, as an assistant to experienced managers as well as in the lower leagues. This is where someone is supposed to learn the requisite skills.

You do not get to the Premier League and then start learning. That is plainly ridiculous. He's supposed to be ready now and he isn't. He's having his pants pulled down by opposition manager after opposition manager.

Even if he'd managed to recognise in these fifteen years that he's limited, he could have brought people in around him that were capable of doing the things he can't. But he hasn't done that either. When MON was here, he was no sort of coach and so he had Steve Walford to organise the team shape, set pieces, etc. That part got covered. NP has just ignored it when it's been obvious for years and we're now supposed to let him start to learn?

Well no, we shouldn't. He should be ready now and that's his fault. He also may well believe he isn't lacking at all in which case he's just not competent and never will be. Either way, his time should be up.

You do not get to the Premier League and then start learning. That is plainly ridiculous.

Exactly, you can't just learn this kind of thing. You're either born a sophisticated Premier League manager or you're not, those are the only two options available. Pisspot clearly wasn't born a sophisticated Premier League manager and I hold him personally responsible for that.

The bizarre thing is, BN wants NP replaced by that most sophisticated of managers: Tony Pulis.

I have said this before, so it should come as no shock to him. If BN started each post with the words "In my opinion" or "I think", then his posts wouldn't be so antagonistic. It is the statement of his opinion as fact that annoys me. I quite enjoy your posts BN, as you do think about things, but please stop posting your thoughts as fact.

You do not get to the Premier League and then start learning. That is plainly ridiculous

Oh deary me

Possibly the most stupid thing I've read on here for quite a while. Magnificent stuff. :038:

I have said this before, so it should come as no shock to him. If BN started each post with the words "In my opinion" or "I think", then his posts wouldn't be so antagonistic. It is the statement of his opinion as fact that annoys me. I quite enjoy your posts BN, as you do think about things, but please stop posting your thoughts as fact.

But BN said we wouldn't get promoted under Pearson, so he's clearly an expert and we should believe everything he says.

Anyways; I just want BN, Redditch, homer and all the rest of you to keep posting because I love you all and because I'm completely pissed and nothing makes sense as usual.

Tricky one this. Onus will be on Villa to take the game to us so I see it like this. Withstand the early pressure, get them panicking a bit, then stick it up them in the last 30 mins and do a smash and grab. 2-0 Leicester. Vardy and Ulloa.

We'll lose this one. We may (in the eyes of the pundits/media and some City fans) play well. But ultimately, we will let a low scoring Villa team score 2 or 3 easy goals. And it will be 3 more points lost.

A win today will put us right back in the mix, a defeat will leave us 2 results from safety.

If the latter happens, I shudder to think of the reaction from some!

A win today will put us right back in the mix, a defeat will leave us 2 results from safety.

If the latter happens, I shudder to think of the reaction from some!

I think if we lose we won't recover.

We'll lose this one. We may (in the eyes of the pundits/media and some City fans) play well. But ultimately, we will let a low scoring Villa team score 2 or 3 easy goals. And it will be 3 more points lost.

You say it like this has happened every week for the last two months......

Just curious, what's the going rate for away tickets nowadays in the Prem?

I've installed FIFA 15 on my new tablet last night, and after a couple of warm up games I played as Leicester against Villa.
Vardy opened the scoring. He intercepted a pass immediately from the kick off, then went on a mazy run. The defenders got nowhere near him and he had just the keeper to beat from 15 yards. He scored two more almost identical goals in the first 30 minutes.
He then tried to round the goalkeeper to score a fourth, but was brought down, and Ulloa scored the penalty. The keeper didn't get sent off, no idea what the ref was thinking. Ulloa then made it 5-0 with a shot from the edge of the area. Vardy got his fourth in first half stoppage time to make it 6-0.
Vardy got his fifth on 60 minutes, and then the manager changed his tactics and decided any further goals had to be scored by defenders. De Laet made it 8-0 after a 90 yard run with no attempt to tackle him.
Full time Villa 0 Leicester 8.
Their defence was woeful.

So we should win this comfortably - assuming they're on beginner level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669