- Aston Villa won the reverse fixture 1-0 and are looking to complete their first league double over Leicester since the 2003-04 season.
- Leicester triumphed 4-1 at Villa Park last season. They have never won successive away league games against Villa.
- Dean Smith's side have won three of their past four home league matches.
- All but one of their 11 league victories this season has been earned with a clean sheet, but Villa have lost eight of the 10 games in which they've conceded.
- Aston Villa have registered 12 clean sheets in their first 22 league fixtures of a season for the first time.
- The three goals they have conceded in the opening 30 minutes of their league games is the joint-best record in the division this season, along with Manchester City.
- Villa's solitary victory in their past 20 Premier League matches against a side in the top three came against Liverpool in October (D4, L15).
- Ollie Watkins can become the first Villa player to score in four consecutive Premier League home matches since Gareth Barry from October to November 2006.
- The Foxes are unbeaten in their past seven top-flight away matches (W4, D3).
- Leicester have registered eight away wins this season, a tally they have only twice bettered in the top division. They won 11 times in 2015-16 and nine in 1965-66.
- They have been awarded a league-high 10 penalties, scoring eight of them.
- Brendan Rodgers has won all five of his Premier League away games against Aston Villa as a manager, his best record versus another team.
- Another goal or assist would ensure Jamie Vardy became only the sixth player to be directly involved in 100 Premier League goals since turning 30 years old. He has 81 goals and 18 assists.
- James Maddison has been involved in eight goals in his past nine league appearances, scoring four and setting up four.