Aston Villa - Weds 26th Sept - Carling Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Villa chit-chat thread

Why would I travel 1/2 hour into Leicester to go back past the town I live, to come back past the town I live to get back to Leicester and then pay an extortionate amount of money on a taxi home when if I wanted a CHEAPER coach I'd use the one I normally do, our SC one! :icon_razz:icon_razz

I've got others going who can't get onto the coach which is why I'm going in car, went last time and parked at this industrial type wasteland carpark, car was still in one piece when we got back to it which was good!

fair point :icon_lol:

Directions, Trains and Pub details to be added shortly ...

Don't bother with the train unless you're confident we won't have extra time. The last train from Brum New St to Leicester is 22:15, you'd have to get the 21:51 from Aston (or a few minutes earlier from Witton) to be confident of catching it.

To go by car leave the M6 at junction 6, there's a map here

Last edited:
Don't bother with the train unless you're confident we won't have extra time. The last train from Brum New St to Leicester is 22:15, you'd have to get the 21:51 from Aston (or a few minutes earlier from Witton) to be confident of catching it.

To go by car leave the M6 at junction 6, there's a map here

Any idea what its like to get the train away from the ground? Being as the Aston stop is on the same line as the Barnt Green stop I think I'll head up on the train.

Could it be quicker, given the long ques and traffic jams around the stadium - to park somewhere and get the train in?

I'm sure most of us have an inkling that there will be no extra time - but even so, I wouldn't rely on the local service getting you back to New Street in time for the 22:15. The service after the game tends to be erratic to say the least. There is usually one extra train but there can be no relying on what time rither the extra train or the service train will be ready to leave from either Witton or from Aston.

The only sure way that Leicester fans will get back by train is if the police decife that they don't want several hundred of them marooned at New Street overnight and make arrangements for the last train to be held for them. Unfortunately you don't get advance notice that that is going to happen.

I'm sure most of us have an inkling that there will be no extra time - but even so, I wouldn't rely on the local service getting you back to New Street in time for the 22:15. The service after the game tends to be erratic to say the least. There is usually one extra train but there can be no relying on what time rither the extra train or the service train will be ready to leave from either Witton or from Aston.

The only sure way that Leicester fans will get back by train is if the police decife that they don't want several hundred of them marooned at New Street overnight and make arrangements for the last train to be held for them. Unfortunately you don't get advance notice that that is going to happen.

That would be funny if there was loads of City fans sleeping at Brum St.

on saturday jim from the ticket office told me 2,000 left and yesterday on FT i saw 1,500 posted that are left.

Will there be tickets available at the gate?

I don't think that there has been any announcement yet but I am sure that there will be.

An email to [email protected] would get you the definitive answer - don't forget to post the reply here.

come on lets sell them!!!:icon_lol:

Make up your mind. Yesterday evening you said they wouldn't sell because of the way we are playing at the moment.

i will be coming to pick the bus up from the ground.

can someone tell me if you can park at the ground :102:

first time on the bus:icon_wink

i will be coming to pick the bus up from the ground.

can someone tell me if you can park at the ground :102:

first time on the bus:icon_wink

Yes I'm sure you can. Don't get there too early though, or you might get put on the players bus :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566