Astrit Ajdarevic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't tend to castigate older players just for being old, but I think Kavanah is past it now. A Kavanah from five years ago, though, would have been perfect for us at this moment.

Same here, Desert. Hence his divisional shift downwards and downwards. When we beat Wednesday at Hillsborough last season, he was pants. He did put in the finest performance I'd seen anyone do at the Walkers in Wigan's promotion season.

So what you meant to say was a player who plays like Kavanagh but is 10 years younger and fitter?

Or maybe you meant a player who plays like Kavanagh did 10 years ago?

He might have meant a player who has the same stupid haircut and a top half of his body bigger than the bottom half due to his disproportionately tiny legs.

Last edited:
He might have meant a player who has the same stupid haircut and a top half of his body bigger than the bottom half due to his disproportionately tiny legs.

Surely nobody can match Kavanagh's tan, he looks like he's been dipped in fudge:icon_lol:

Sorry I disgree completely. I think King is one of the problems for our dip in form.He is a lightweight in the middle with misdirected passes, reluctance to tackle and won't go anywhere near a 50/50 ball. On Saturday with minutes left as a 'top quality' midfielder I would have expected him to hang on to the ball and do something constructive with it and not just blindly lump it down the pitch to the Carlisle players. Their 2nd goal came from that error. If King/City and kept possession - no equaliser.

The only game I've seen King look good was against Cheltenham but city could have sent a paperboy 11 out against that team and won.

This is his first season playing regularly for the club and he has scored 11 goals in all from midfield so far - that's the same as the legendary Iain Hume scored last season in total. I can't believe people are slagging him off! I'm pretty sure he's one of the only midfielders in the league to have even reached double figures this season!

Even if he isn't the finished product in every department, how can you discount his contribution to our league position? Are you seriously trying to tell me that he's shit and no other teams in this league would take him off our hands? If so, you're mad.

But maybe he shouldn't have played so many games? He has in some games been completely anonymous(same as Oakley) and it's been no surprise the times we have been REALLY poor, our midfield has been lacklustre.

Plus I have a problem with midfielders who don't tackle.:icon_roll And whatever you say about his goalscoring this season, his potential and his age etc, his tackling averages between non-existent and poor. More often than not he shepherds the players towards a team mate to deal with. Now you can get away with that for a while, but sooner or later the lad has got to start learning because until he can at the least adequately tackle, he won't progress much higher than the next level. And tbh, we won't be able to afford to carry a player like that too many times next season.

Fingers crossed it's something that will improve for him, which obviously makes it better for us!

I think the experience of a full season in League 1 will have done King the world of good. I'm glad Pearson has stuck by him for this reason alone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670