Astrit Ajdarevic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which he has done this far, thankfully for us.

I'm just very sceptical of where the 'funds' are going. Players like N'Gotty, Kisnorbo, Henderson have gone and I'm pretty certain they were on more than the likes of Weale, Hobbs and N'Guessan will be now.

Tribunal fee for Dany (c.300k) and a fee for Hobbs (c.400k) - 700k is not the kind of money I'd want to be spending to keep us in the division.

If WBA are going to get Cox for 2.5 mill - I'd be disappointed to have lost the race because we weren't willing to fork out that much. Fair play if it's because he'd rather play for them, as there's not much we can do about that.

You are aware that WBA have just come from the Prem and have a c£11m parachute payment, whereas we have come from League 1 aren't you?

Clearly Liverpool's scouts saw something in him, now ours have done the same and a year's contract should suffice in seeing whether he can make the required development. Perhaps there were other clubs starting to ask questions and we were playing safe?

or perhaps we could have signed him up weeks ago but now our options are narrowing and hes the best we can get?

You are aware that WBA have just come from the Prem and have a c£11m parachute payment, whereas we have come from League 1 aren't you?

Yes :102:

Mandaric has said we have money to spend so I'm presuming he means a couple of million rather than loose change?!

WBA could have received 50 million, makes no difference if Swindon are only reportedly wanting 2-2.5 million.

This signing is on about the same level as Verma, we are just giving him a chance. Pearson has obviously seen something in training he thought was worth another look.

I'm just surprised this signing has managed 45 replies.Never seen him play,never fecking heard of him until he came here,I asked a few Liverpool fans and they'd never fecking heard of him either.
Won't condemn the guy but it hardly sets the pulse racing,lets not pretend otherwise

I'm just surprised this signing has managed 45 replies.Never seen him play,never fecking heard of him until he came here,I asked a few Liverpool fans and they'd never fecking heard of him either.
Won't condemn the guy but it hardly sets the pulse racing,lets not pretend otherwise
To be fair, H, it's mostly 45 replies saying what you just did, in as many words. I don't think anyone's getting carried away with this one.

I can't believe some people's obsession with spending money and assuming the player(s) will be the answer to all our dreams (football related!).

Have they forgot about Akinbiyi????

If NP et all spend feck all and we are there or there abouts come the tail end of the season, I reckon most will be happy with that.

Also, we've just been promoted from the THIRD division, who the feck do you think will come here?

Its not about spending stupid money on players winding down their careers. Its not about spending for the sake of spending. Nobody wants to see the club in the dire fianancial mess it was a few years ago.
That said i'm sick of this bollox about consolidation. Thats rubbish, thats another way of disguising failure. This club should make every effort to jump back to the prem as soon as poss.
If we finish 10th but set out to have a right good go at it, i could accommodate the word consolidation, but if we try to get by with basically last seasons team we are not going to move forward.
We need two or three significant signings to threshen it up, give the fans the boost, and let the momentum continue.
All these little additions to the team reminds me of mad dog. Plenty of numbers but no real quality.
It would be a shame to lose Nige in the coming months, but someone showing a bit more ambition might just be too much for him to resist.
If Mandy really wants the prem, he should back his manager at this crucial stage of Leicester Citys revival.

Its not about spending stupid money on players winding down their careers. Its not about spending for the sake of spending. Nobody wants to see the club in the dire fianancial mess it was a few years ago.
That said i'm sick of this bollox about consolidation. Thats rubbish, thats another way of disguising failure. This club should make every effort to jump back to the prem as soon as poss.
If we finish 10th but set out to have a right good go at it, i could accommodate the word consolidation, but if we try to get by with basically last seasons team we are not going to move forward.
We need two or three significant signings to threshen it up, give the fans the boost, and let the momentum continue.
All these little additions to the team reminds me of mad dog. Plenty of numbers but no real quality.
It would be a shame to lose Nige in the coming months, but someone showing a bit more ambition might just be too much for him to resist.
If Mandy really wants the prem, he should back his manager at this crucial stage of Leicester Citys revival.

I very much agree with this except I think it is too early to judge whether Milan is backing Nigel. My impression is that Milan very much wants to be in the Premiership "at the cool kinds table". He must realise that he is better off getting Nigel to spend his money than someone else.
Anyway I think the loan signings are going to be really important. I would love to see Tom Cleverley back.

No serious money being spent as yet... I await with baited breath

Probably better if you awaited with 'bated' breath.

Unless of course you mean that you've been eating fish, in which case, my apologies.

How on earth do you know that?

It might remind you of mad dog, but I think NP deserves a bit more respect than that.
As for no quality, Hobbs? Brown? :102:

I agree about significant signings, but it has been proven before, it doesn't take significant money.

Hello.

I'm a Liverpool fan just curious to see how much we got for Ajdarevic.

Any idea?

I noticed that a few people are looking for some information on the type of player Ajdarevic is. I've seen him play a few times and I can say that he's got something about him, and I was surprised that he was let go.

However, we've got a big crop of youngsters and may be looking to see who is ready right now, rather than down the road. We're also massively revamping our Academy, so perhaps the type of player we need and are looking for is different. In the last few days it seems we've been selling a lot of the younger players, and this perhaps reflects this new philosophy.

With specific reference to Ajdarevic, there was a rumour about an attitude problem, but as for his play, from memory, he's an old fashioned playmaker come in-the-hole type. Good, penetrative passer, keeps his head up, good on the ball skill, and I think he's strong enough to survive in the English game.

Hopefully he'll do okay. Who knows. The last game he was running around a little lost, maybe due to fact that he hadn't trained with the team for long, maybe because he's toss.

I hope he does good, I'm sure NP has seen something we haven't. Plus he gave my lad his shirt from the last game... My lad has been watching for a couple of seasons and needs a LCFC hero to worship!!!

Hello.

I'm a Liverpool fan just curious to see how much we got for Ajdarevic.

Any idea?

I noticed that a few people are looking for some information on the type of player Ajdarevic is. I've seen him play a few times and I can say that he's got something about him, and I was surprised that he was let go.

However, we've got a big crop of youngsters and may be looking to see who is ready right now, rather than down the road. We're also massively revamping our Academy, so perhaps the type of player we need and are looking for is different. In the last few days it seems we've been selling a lot of the younger players, and this perhaps reflects this new philosophy.

With specific reference to Ajdarevic, there was a rumour about an attitude problem, but as for his play, from memory, he's an old fashioned playmaker come in-the-hole type. Good, penetrative passer, keeps his head up, good on the ball skill, and I think he's strong enough to survive in the English game.

Didn't look much good at the end of last season to be honest. The fact he's only got a one-year contract here and Liverpool said he was free to leave suggests there was no fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669