Astrit Ajdarevic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.

I'm a Liverpool fan just curious to see how much we got for Ajdarevic.

Any idea?

I noticed that a few people are looking for some information on the type of player Ajdarevic is. I've seen him play a few times and I can say that he's got something about him, and I was surprised that he was let go.

However, we've got a big crop of youngsters and may be looking to see who is ready right now, rather than down the road. We're also massively revamping our Academy, so perhaps the type of player we need and are looking for is different. In the last few days it seems we've been selling a lot of the younger players, and this perhaps reflects this new philosophy.

With specific reference to Ajdarevic, there was a rumour about an attitude problem, but as for his play, from memory, he's an old fashioned playmaker come in-the-hole type. Good, penetrative passer, keeps his head up, good on the ball skill, and I think he's strong enough to survive in the English game.

Popular in Buckinghamshire I believe

Didn't look much good at the end of last season to be honest. The fact he's only got a one-year contract here and Liverpool said he was free to leave suggests there was no fee.

I'm not surprised that he didn't look to good in his appearances. He is used to play youth team football. He was not even in Liverpool's reserves, so the step-up for him must have been huge.

However, when I've seen him play with those at his level he definitely stood out. If memory serves an injury curbed a bit of his development (knee?), but as with all young players, a bit of support and patience is usually required.

You're probably right about the fee.

Dammit.

Definitely no fee. Liverpool didn't offer him a contract so he was a free agent (and therefore no compensation is required, even though he's under 24).

Definitely no fee. Liverpool didn't offer him a contract so he was a free agent (and therefore no compensation is required, even though he's under 24).

The rule as I understand it is the club has to offer at least an equivalent contract to be entitled to a fee, or is that wrong?

The rule as I understand it is the club has to offer at least an equivalent contract to be entitled to a fee, or is that wrong?
I believe that's correct. Liverpool didn't offer him any kind of contract, so he can go where he likes without compensation being an issue.

Yeah Leicester fans are notoriously patient...

It comes from waiting for long-distance buses that are going in completely the wrong direction in the middle of the night.

Probably better if you awaited with 'bated' breath.

Unless of course you mean that you've been eating fish, in which case, my apologies.

:icon_lol: Brilliant.

Probably better if you awaited with 'bated' breath.

Unless of course you mean that you've been eating fish, in which case, my apologies.

Very well picked up on, second person in one thread.

Observation is good around these parts

Hello.

I'm a Liverpool fan just curious to see how much we got for Ajdarevic.

Any idea?

I noticed that a few people are looking for some information on the type of player Ajdarevic is. I've seen him play a few times and I can say that he's got something about him, and I was surprised that he was let go.

However, we've got a big crop of youngsters and may be looking to see who is ready right now, rather than down the road. We're also massively revamping our Academy, so perhaps the type of player we need and are looking for is different. In the last few days it seems we've been selling a lot of the younger players, and this perhaps reflects this new philosophy.

With specific reference to Ajdarevic, there was a rumour about an attitude problem, but as for his play, from memory, he's an old fashioned playmaker come in-the-hole type. Good, penetrative passer, keeps his head up, good on the ball skill, and I think he's strong enough to survive in the English game.

:icon_lol: sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670