Confirmed Transfer Ayoze Pérez

Status
Not open for further replies.
People think this deal was overpriced.

Tyrone Mings to villa from Bournemouth reserves for £25m :D

People think this deal was overpriced.

Tyrone Mings to villa from Bournemouth reserves for £25m :D
He was absolutely fantastic for Villa last season and he looked a class above any other defender in that league. Given the ridiculous inflation in this market, that's a steal for Villa.

He was absolutely fantastic for Villa last season and he looked a class above any other defender in that league. Given the ridiculous inflation in this market, that's a steal for Villa.
£25m for an injury prone championship CB is a steal, by Bournemouth, they've had Villa's pants down

Imo it's not necessarily relative as you go up in price. So comparing someone who goes for £25m against someone who goes for £75m doesn't mean the latter is three times the better player. The market is crazy at the moment but we better get used to it as it's the way things are now!

£25m for an injury prone championship CB is a steal, by Bournemouth, they've had Villa's pants down
He played 18 games for Villa last season after his January transfer. He was fantastic in all of them. He made a huge difference to their defence and if I were a Villa fan, he would have been the first name on the list of signings to make. He is also only 26 years old. Injuries heal. Like I said, price is relative to the mental market football has created. In this sense, Villa will be very happy with what they have got for that money. I think he will be an excellent addition for them.

He played 18 games for Villa last season after his January transfer. He was fantastic in all of them. He made a huge difference to their defence and if I were a Villa fan, he would have been the first name on the list of signings to make. He is also only 26 years old. Injuries heal. Like I said, price is relative to the mental market football has created. In this sense, Villa will be very happy with what they have got for that money. I think he will be an excellent addition for them.
Matty James played pretty much every game in his loan spell at Barnsley, got injured pretty much instantly again when we started to used him the following season

Matty James played pretty much every game in his loan spell at Barnsley, got injured pretty much instantly again when we started to used him the following season
Ah, so that must be the paradigm then.

Slimani scored loads of goals for his previous club so he will score loads for us.

Things aren't as linear as you make them out to be.

Ah, so that must be the paradigm then.

Slimani scored loads of goals for his previous club so he will score loads for us.

Things aren't as linear as you make them out to be.
injury prone players don't just stop getting injured was my point which directly counters your injuries heal point, or has everyone now decided Matty James isn';t a waste of a squad space?

Mings was also at Bournemouth, hardly known for their defensive solidity and couldn't get a look in even when fit, a good 4 months in the championship doesn't suddenly make him a £20m Cb in the premier league

injury prone players don't just stop getting injured
It depends how the injuries occurred. The term 'injury prone' is often used without any real understanding of the concept. We aren't buying him so I don't know why you're so flustered about it.
Mings was also at Bournemouth, hardly known for their defensive solidity and couldn't get a look in even when fit, a good 4 months in the championship doesn't suddenly make him a £20m Cb in the premier
Maybe if Bournemouth hadn't shipped him out then they wouldn't have conceded so many? That may be bollocks but who the **** knows? I think he will be an excellent fit for Villa at a price that is fair in today's market given what he brought to them last season. Half a season in The Premier League after stinking out Monaco doesn't make Tielemans a class act but many folk are cumming at the mere prospect of us spending upwards of 40 million quid on him.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. I think he will be great for them and that their fans will be over the moon to have got him just as I think Tielemans will be a great fit for us having only seen him fewer times than Villa fans saw Mings. If I'm wrong about Mings and he plays a leading role in them getting battered every week then that'll be wonderful to watch but we shall see.

Wasn't it Vardy who started Mings run of injuries with a nasty challenge?

I've wished the lad well ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265