Barack Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was up until just after 3 watching, seemed pretty clear at 200 - 124 and I was tired so went to bed.

Dead man walking - some fruitloop will take him out

I hope he can deliver on his aspirations. The change required is huge, but it sounds like a goodly proportion of the people want things to change. I just hope they can be patient because as Obama said he may not achieve it all in one year or even one term.

Interesting time for the USA and indeed the world.

woke up early to hear the radio going "and now live to John McCain's speech"

aaaaaaaaaaah

oh phew...a very gracious bowing out speech

woke up early to hear the radio going "and now live to John McCain's speech"

aaaaaaaaaaah

oh phew...a very gracious bowing out speech

Wasn't it, the right man won though. I can't stand Palin and am glad she won't be in line for when McCain croaks it.

I bet the media will be covering all of his up coming public appearances in full force, from multiple angles and maybe even with the slow motion cameras (like the ones they use in Cricket), just on the off chance of someone trying to kill him. It's going to make some exciting TV.

he'll be on a hell of a lot in the near future.

Will things really change?

Is the empire not on a downward dive?

Was on the tele a lot:102: I'm not interested in British Politics let alone American ones

IMO British politics is a little pointless at the moment in that both major parties are so scared of losing the middle class that the left have moved right enough to be centre and the right left enough to be the same, much of a muchness. In the US I got the feeling things can still be very different, but I'm no political expert and only pay attention to the fringe coverage so am no doubt wrong.

Will things really change?

No, not in the slightest.

Good news for the world imo

Why? I haven't seen any evidence from Barack Obama that that he will be anything other than a typical global nazi overlord, exactly the same as all US presidents in recent history.

I don't see that anything is going to change any time soon.

It really didn't matter who won this election, the government will still get in.

Why? I haven't seen any evidence from Barack Obama that that he will be anything other than a typical global nazi overlord, exactly the same as all US presidents in recent history.

It really didn't matter who won this election, the government will still get in.

This is very true.

If i was an Iranian waking up in Iran Today, i wouldn't feel anymore safer from attack than yesterday.

In the US I got the feeling things can still be very different, .

No, not in the slightest.
exactly the same as all US presidents in recent history.

I am with Macky....apart from certain European countries, they are all the same and when they are very different, the alterative option is something very extreme.

Last edited:
Does every american speech have to be accompanied with "whooping" as though it's an XFactor programme?

Are any of the bookies laying odds on date of assassination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566