Barack Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very true.

If i was an Iranian waking up in Iran Today, i wouldn't feel anymore safer from attack than yesterday.

Problem is, most Iranians are likely to be attacked/imprisoned by their own despotic regime.

Problem is, most Iranians are likely to be attacked/imprisoned by their own despotic regime.

What 'despotic regime'? I think you may have been watching too much Fox News.
Iran is a constitutional Islamic republic and is far, far, far more progressive than America's big buddy, Saudi Arabia.

Iran is a constitutional Islamic republic and is far, far, far more progressive than America's big buddy, Saudi Arabia.

true

They all have degree's from Oxford to prove their worth too!

It'll end in tears, you mark my words. Barack sounds like Iraq and Obama like Osama. I think it's just the terrorists way of getting a man on the inside and no good will come of it. :icon_wink

On the other hand it may just be that I haven't had my medication for a few days. :081:

No, not in the slightest.

Why? I haven't seen any evidence from Barack Obama that that he will be anything other than a typical global nazi overlord, exactly the same as all US presidents in recent history.

I don't see that anything is going to change any time soon.

It really didn't matter who won this election, the government will still get in.

After such a terrible time under Bush I think the main factor is that he represents the chance for change more than anything else, whether it happens is another story.

After such a terrible time under Bush I think the main factor is that he represents the chance for change more than anything else, whether it happens is another story.

America is run by bankers, not by the president.
The bankers have got their man in office again with Barack Obama, as evidenced by the huge amount of money they threw into his campaign fund.

The last two elections they had to rig the vote to get their man into office, this time they've used popular opinion.

The net result will be more of the same and lots of people disappointed with the 'great, black hope'.

The word " constitutional " doesn't really hold water when most so called " Liberals " are barred from standing for election. BTW I have never watched Fox News - I get all the info I need from my daily fix of the Grauniad.

Last edited:
very chuffed about what happened, stayed upand watched a bit. I just think McCain is your stereotypical American and I think their country will be in a better standing with the rest of the world with Obama in charge. I also felt he had the better policies.

The word " constitutional " doesn't really hold water when most so called " Liberals " are barred from standing for election. BTW I have never watched Fox News - I get all the info I need from my daily fix of the Grauniad.

My point was, they aren't a 'despotic regime' attacking & imprisoning their citizens for the sake of it.

My point was, they aren't a 'despotic regime' attacking & imprisoning their citizens for the sake of it.

They ain't the model of democracy either. Better than the Saudi's agreed.

We'll have to disagree then, that's my take on it. And of Amnesty International - http://thereport.amnesty.org/eng/regions/middle-east-and-north-africa/iran

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending them nor do I think they are a shining beacon of democracy, but the fact is there are far, far worse regimes in the world and I was confused as to why you singled out Iran.

Amnesty International are also equally scathing about the Yanks:
http://thereport.amnesty.org/eng/regions/americas/usa

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending them nor do I think they are a shining beacon of democracy, but the fact is there are far, far worse regimes in the world and I was confused as to why you singled out Iran.

Because it was mentioned earlier in the thread in relation the the USA - and I don't like their regime, like a fair proportion of their population I would guess. Problem is, it doesn't appear they can do much about it.

Because it was mentioned earlier in the thread in relation the the USA - and I don't like their regime, like a fair proportion of their population I would guess. Problem is, it doesn't appear they can do much about it.

Is this purely a guess or do you have any evidence of this?

seeing as we're guessing, my guess would be that if I was an Iranian I would feel more threatened by the US administration than from my own government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669