Barnsley 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got to hand it to pearson... The man just doesn't make bad signings

Not seen anything from Neilson to suggest he's a great signing, made another stupid mistake today but being fair to him he recovered. Hopefully he'll find his feet and turn out alright.

how did the new music go down?

Well it's better than Chelsea Dagger, and the embarrassment that goes with it. That doesn't mean it was any good though: the Kop was involved in a slightly confused (and still extraordinarily embarrassing) rhythmic clap.

We need to ban goal music.

Lucky to get away with the win against a truly piss poor awful team

Thank feck for Hume and his comical thump into row Z from two yards out. Bless him

Wellens the best of a fairly average bunch - not good, not bad, but three points is three points

Thank feck for Hume and his comical thump into row Z from two yards out. Bless him

Wellens the best of a fairly average bunch - not good, not bad, but three points is three points

Horrible side to play against imo. Never seems like you have achieved anything by beating them.

What Ted said.

I may have gone slightly over the top in comparing Fryupp to Bergkamp. It was a nice goal though.

I think the spell of pressure we had in the 2 or 3 minutes before it deserved a goal. Came back out flying just like against Swansea.

I thought N'Guessan was the best of the attack and Brown outstanding at the back, despite an occasional wayward pass.

We were lucky today, very lucky.

We should've burried them and scored more than one thats for sure, but what did they do apart from some long range shots and a couple of tricky crosses?

Last edited:
We should've burried them and scored more than one thats for sure, but what did they do apart from some long range shots and a couple of tricky crosses?

If they had a striker they'd have scored a couple today. We were pegged back with 15 to go.

If they had a striker they'd have scored a couple today. We were pegged back with 15 to go.

Hmmm, see where you're coming from. We definatly switched off and went flat. On the balance of things though I wouldn't say that we were lucky to win.

Last edited:
If they had anyone who could cross a ball. We'd have been in shit street. Hume and Foster both missed sitters.

There was an offside in the build up to the Hume one;)

A few good performances today and a good win against a tough team to play. Neilson impressed me today having previously saying I was unsure, some solid tackling and nice link up play with DN'G was pleasing to see. Gallagher looked like he has potential when he gets playing consistently I think he will be a good signing. Weale looked good at claiming crosses however some of his kicking made me wonder !! Overall I am very pleased with another three points against a tricky opponent.

A few good performances today and a good win against a tough team to play. Neilson impressed me today having previously saying I was unsure, some solid tackling and nice link up play with DN'G was pleasing to see. Gallagher looked like he has potential when he gets playing consistently I think he will be a good signing. Weale looked good at claiming crosses however some of his kicking made me wonder !! Overall I am very pleased with another three points against a tricky opponent.

DNG eh? 'The notorious DNG'! I like it.

Thought we were comfortable today, reduced them to mostly shooting from outside the box. They had a few moments of pressure but were dealt with well by our defence.

We definitely missed Howard though, we were still playing as though he was on the pitch with balls being sent up to Gallagher but unfortunately he can't head to save his life. If he'd been playing I think the scoreline would have been a bit more comfortable.

On Gallagher, probably too soon to tell so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Didn't do too much for me today - offside a few times, got frustrated fairly quickly and as mentioned, bad at heading. Will be more interested to see how he does after training with the lads for a bit.

Neilson impressed me, though possibly because the previous radio commentaries made him sound poor and had me ready for someone bad. Linked up well with N'Guessan, defended well. Actually it was Bruno who I thought struggled today, letting in a few too many crosses and backing off rather than tackling.

Hobbs and Brown immense. Wellens, Fryatt, Dyer, N'Guessan all good. Adams was a lively sub again.

Surely need to work on set-pieces this week in training though, not sure we had one good delivery despite a few different players taking them.

Hume - Annoyed when he left but of course injury put things in perspective and hold no ill-will towards him... but still didn't feel the need to give him rapturous applause. Doing it every time he went to take a corner was a bit much. Though I did enjoy a good 'Huuuuuume' when he missed from 2-yards. Other than that he had a few good moves but the rest of his team weren't helping him out much.

Left the ground in a good mood only to walk down the street listening to a load of moaning City fans. Some people never happy.

Weller's wife's message was touching. Only time I've shed tears at a football match was just after Weller died and Birch read out that message he'd prepared for the City fans.

21k? I guess holidays and a small away support made the 5k difference? Shame though with us doing so well at the moment, good atmosphere from where I was sitting though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670