Match Thread Barnsley v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been saying for weeks that he should go. This isn't an 'I told you so' post. I was delighted when he returned. I'm just resigned now. This match feels like the end and it's sad. I'm gutted, really. For a few months this season we looked the best City side I'd seen in more than a decade. And now look at us. I'd love to know what's happened.

What I do know is that to have any chance of breaking back into that top six he has to be gone before we play next. Preferably tonight. I'd be putting a call in to O'Neill to see if he fancies it either now or at the end of the season. If he pisses about we move on and accept that's it once and for all and find somebody with a track record of getting teams out of this league.

According to Beaumont Fox, the Leicester fans are screaming abuse at the players as they walk down the tunnel.

Doesn't help at all but them I fully sympathise with them at this point, it is a miserable **** hole at the best of times never mind after watching such an effortless display from a team who should be fighting for play-offs

Which again, is still likely to be better than anyone else has acheived with us recently.

Sadly it's not an achievement, it's nothing.

What is the actual score?

If we go on to lose then this could be the best result of the season.

I would walk to MON's house to offer him a temp to perm role.

I actually sniggered at the penguins reference - I may have lost some marbles. Is someone using them to pay Pea Son off?
It must have been the penguins. Who would expect to meet them in the Northern Atlantic? Must have been a shock of diabolical dimensions for the captain and causing him to crash into the iceberg.

Not that I want to question the abilities of our clearly inadequate manager, but wouldn't we have rather seen SSL instead of Whitbread who hasn't played for months - plus SSL is better than him - the loaning to Millwall is still hard to believe. Why not Marshall - is Dyer really the answer to anything. Where is Waghorn - at least he tries, has passion and scores goals. It is so hard to see the owners backing a losing horse - it is clear he cannot turn things around so get rid of him now - has a manager been sacked at half time before ?

On asking Beaumont Fox in a text if City were playing as badly as I thought, she replies "yep. They are clueless"

As I've said in another thread, Pearson will be sacked regardless in the summer as he has failed to deliver the one thing he was employed to achieve. As Jeff has said, in such a case we may as well get the replacement in now to assess the squad and see where he wants to strengthen.

The players were good enough in January, there's a reason why this streak is continuing - wholesale changes don't fix that.

Hopefully, the owners have been giving the subject a lot more consideration than they did when they sack SGE.

Unfortunately, it is more likely than not that a viable replacement isn't currently available.

If that is the case should Pearson be sacked now just to clear the air?

I've no doubt whatsoever that he lost the plot weeks and weeks ago neither do I have any doubt that he is for the chop at the end of the season - latest. For one thing they wouldn't be able to sell the requisite number of tickets for next season and other merchandise - if he is still around.

However, I also think that the relief of seeing him sacked - will be followed by angst of not attracting the right replacement. I also think that it's the whole culture of the playing side of the club that is wrong. Too much easy money for little returns.

According to Beaumont Fox, the Leicester fans are screaming abuse at the players as they walk down the tunnel.

I understand the frustrations, but I'm sure that's really going to help the players!

Hate all the negativity. I get that it's been shit, and the players should be giving us stuff to cheer for, but seems like most people on here had given up by 5 minutes. If it's the same at the game, that has to transfer to the players. Clearly low on confidence right now, they need support, not jeers.

It's hard to back a losing team that are playing shit, but I hate all the negativity in football these days.

I refer the right homerourable Cate to my last post.

Goodbye Pearson. It's been...average.

Not that I want to question the abilities of our clearly inadequate manager, but wouldn't we have rather seen SSL instead of Whitbread who hasn't played for months - plus SSL is better than him - the loaning to Millwall is still hard to believe. Why not Marshall - is Dyer really the answer to anything. Where is Waghorn - at least he tries, has passion and scores goals. It is so hard to see the owners backing a losing horse - it is clear he cannot turn things around so get rid of him now - has a manager been sacked at half time before ?

THIS! What is NP thinking!

It must have been the penguins. Who would expect to meet them in the Northern Atlantic? Must have been a shock of diabolical dimensions for the captain and causing him to crash into the iceberg.

I'm sat here laughing like a loon now looking at pictures of Pingu; it helps me take my mind off the god awful situation with City.

Our players are back out on the pitch early. Good.

Hope Pearson tore into them at the break. Due a comeback.

I understand the frustrations, but I'm sure that's really going to help the players!

Hate all the negativity. I get that it's been shit, and the players should be giving us stuff to cheer for, but seems like most people on here had given up by 5 minutes. If it's the same at the game, that has to transfer to the players. Clearly low on confidence right now, they need support, not jeers.

It's hard to back a losing team that are playing shit, but I hate all the negativity in football these days.

I doubt the almost 2,000 travelled to Barnsley so they could jeer at the players from kick off. The players need to show some grit and determination, not folding like a house of cards every game.

This next 45 for NP and City is the season. Surely defeat will be the end for both, and in the totally unlikely event of turning it around, an incredible win from this would probaly change everything. The latter wont happen though, so as Camberwell says this could be our 'best ' result of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669