Bbc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect to see you wearing it on Saturday then! I trust you shall be bringing Homer? (the friendly one, not the dour misanthrope who skulks around this board!)

1. Yes, providing I can find it.
2. Definately yes.

Presumably see you in the Duke of York at Kings X.

I reckon if MM were to take charge that after the first year, and assuming he bought the stadium, his investment will be inexcess of £25 million.

I believe we are talking about two differing types of transaction here, and I also believe the FT know what Bill Anderson is talking about but still play the dumb card to make MM look bad.

MM will never in a million years buy this club for £25million, I know that, MM knows that, Bill Anderson knows that and The FT know that. And this is what the FT keep saying is the case, and correctly so.

However, the figure Bill Anderson is quoting is the total investment price, not the purchase price. This has absolutely feck all to with any of the shareholders and I believe the FT are using the diffence between the two transaction figures to discredit MM and and Bill Anderson.

I see where the FT are coming from though, they don't want people thinking they got a share of £25million when in reality it was nowhere near this.

The purchase price could end up being £0.00, does this mean MM gets a bargain, NO, because he still needs to invest heavily and wisely in the playing squad, the backroom staff, the debts, the whole company structure will be changed and if there is anything left, or if he wants to, he will buy the stadium.

I reckon if MM were to take charge that after the first year, and assuming he bought the stadium, his investment will be inexcess of £25 million.

I believe we are talking about two differing types of transaction here, and I also believe the FT know what Bill Anderson is talking about but still play the dumb card to make MM look bad.

MM will never in a million years buy this club for £25million, I know that, MM knows that, Bill Anderson knows that and The FT know that. And this is what the FT keep saying is the case, and correctly so.

However, the figure Bill Anderson is quoting is the total investment price, not the purchase price. This has absolutely feck all to with any of the shareholders and I believe the FT are using the diffence between the two transaction figures to discredit MM and and Bill Anderson.

I see where the FT are coming from though, they don't want people thinking they got a share of £25million when in reality it was nowhere near this.

The purchase price could end up being £0.00, does this mean MM gets a bargain, NO, because he still needs to invest heavily and wisely in the playing squad, the backroom staff, the debts, the whole company structure will be changed and if there is anything left, or if he wants to, he will buy the stadium.

If he buys the stadium, that will be done by debt, maybe just taking over the Teacher's loan. The figure Bill Anderson quotes is misleading, as any normal punter would think - " what a top man, MM is putting £25 million of his own money in ". As I've said before , I would be surprised if it's half that. If the rest is going to be borrowed why can't MM come out and say so - it would help clear the waters he has been deliberately muddying.

He has absolutely no intention of buying the stadium and therefore his investment will not be anywhere near £25m.

I truly believe that the MM takeover will abort and in that eventuality that we will be either back in administration or in League 1 or both by August 2008.

I say this because if the MM takeover aborts there is going to be a massive adverse reaction in terms of future ST sales.

That is my worry, going back to the idea of supporting City with this current bunch in charge is depressing. The thought of renewing my season ticket is not appealing, but we'll see.
I've never really been overly excited about the MM thing, (I'm a bit of a wait and see type) but our directors form suggests that without a change at the top and some investment we will struggle. The last time we struggled in this division for a sustained period there were changes at board level, we never looked back. If the rumours are to be believed about some shareholders being concerned and stalling over the MM deal, then they should be the same ones trying to protect their investment by questioning the performance of the Chief Exec and Chairman. I suppose the nightmare outcome could be City renting the Walkers from the T*gers.

There's no reason to think that £25M is not still the total figure involved. It has always been clear that this isn't the amount to be actually paid for the shares of the club; it is the overall figure that he would wish to spend.

Got a source for that? Rather than the Mockery's interpretation of MM's spin doctors?

He has absolutely no intention of buying the stadium and therefore his investment will not be anywhere near £25m.
OK, I hope not as I'd rather see it spent elsewhere, but thanks for confirming that he won't be buying the stadium

OK, I hope not as I'd rather see it spent elsewhere, but thanks for confirming that he won't be buying the stadium

No problem, rest assured the stadium will be owned for the forseable future, barring a miracle, by banks / investment companies.

If he buys the stadium, that will be done by debt, maybe just taking over the Teacher's loan. The figure Bill Anderson quotes is misleading, as any normal punter would think - " what a top man, MM is putting £25 million of his own money in ". As I've said before , I would be surprised if it's half that. If the rest is going to be borrowed why can't MM come out and say so - it would help clear the waters he has been deliberately muddying.

Nonsense. When a person buys a new house, nobody thinks that they've paid all the money for it - everybody knows that they have got a mortgage - in other words, purchased it through borrowing. Much of business runs in the same way - borrowing to fund development - borrowing for materials - borrowing to cover troughs in cash-flow. Why would anybody presume that MM would be any different? The man is known as a venture capitalist - do you really think that people don't know what that means?

Most entrepeneurs and successful business folk use the bank's money instead of their own. I don't have a problem with this, if he's borrowing it, he's doing it for a good reason.

Why use your own money when you can use somebody elses

Nonsense. When a person buys a new house, nobody thinks that they've paid all the money for it - everybody knows that they have got a mortgage - in other words, purchased it through borrowing. Much of business runs in the same way - borrowing to fund development - borrowing for materials - borrowing to cover troughs in cash-flow. Why would anybody presume that MM would be any different? The man is known as a venture capitalist - do you really think that people don't know what that means?

But if RS is right with the theory of "just taking over the Teacher's loan" how can that be included in the figure, presume the loan would still be against LCFC, so that is no change to now, so is irrelevant to any figures surely?

Nonsense. When a person buys a new house, nobody thinks that they've paid all the money for it - everybody knows that they have got a mortgage - in other words, purchased it through borrowing.

Well, if everybody thinks that, everybody must be wrong.

But that's not really the point. The £25 million is not the bid, and not what MM is going to put into the club.

The man is known as a venture capitalist - do you really think that people don't know what that means?

I'd guess, no, they don't, on the whole. You could ask, just to check, what is the expected rate of return on a successful VC investment

Last edited:
Anyone see East Midlands Today? I saw something about a meeting today but they were just finishing talking about it so I couldn't catch it all.

Ok, watched it online now, this is what was said:

"First the latest on the Leicester City takeover. We understand tonight a series of deal breaking meetings have been held throughout today between businessman Milan Mandaric and representatives from the club. The takeover is now thought to be on a knife edge because Mr Mandaric's advisors say hidden debts have surfaced. Discussions are ongoing as we speak, we'll have more on this story tomorrow."

Last edited:
Ok, watched it online now, this is what was said:

"First the latest on the Leicester City takeover. We understand tonight a series of deal breaking meetings have been held throughout today between businessman Milan Mandaric and representatives from the club. The takeover is now thought to be on a knife edge because Mr Mandaric's advisors say hidden debts have surfaced. Discussions are ongoing as we speak, we'll have more on this story tomorrow."

**** ME :(

Just this minute got in the door from my works Christmas party and wanted to check what was going on before I went to bed.

I have to say that I am dissapointed that nothing has happened, and even more so after reading what has been reported on the local Leicester news. If we have hidden debts and are trying to pull the wool over the eyes of actual real investment then shame on us for doing so. We have massive potential as a club but are crippled by our shortcomings. We have debts that stop us utilising our massive potential and closed minds that will destroy our efforts to get out of this.

Unfortunately there are egos that stand in the way of progress and people who purport to have the 'best interests of club' whilst at the same time commenting on aspects of a deal they 'still await'. I am tired of this talk and I am tired of the egos that stand in the way.

It is typical of some to claim that they never expected to get back what they put into the club and yet at this crucial stage put the whole deal in jeopardy to feather their nest. If money is not important then why are you putting the deal in jeopardy by bargaining and quibbling over money you want back for your shares and debts you are hiding? You would have to pay a lot more out of your own pockets to get this club back where we rightfully belong, money that in all honesty you as shareholders have shown no inclination to put into the club before this whole takeover talk began.

In my opinion you either want us to succeed or you don't. If you do sell the club to Milan or invest in it heavily...

If you aren't willing to do that and still will hang on until the death well I am sorry to say you have lost me. I am about football. I love Leicester, I love coming home, and I love watching my team even when they look absolute crap...BUT...I would give that all up if it is to be squandered away by a selfish few. Some might say I am not a true fan. I say F*ck you. I get up out of bed and go to watch my team and I travel a long distance and pay for the privilage. If that very same club can't see the wood for the trees then I will wash my hands of them. This is reality, this is kill or be killed not a Disney film where everything ends up alright in the end. Make the deal seal the future and f*ck off. You are the stewards of the club, the night watchmen if you will, but your time has passed.

Let someone who knows something about football run the show.

Knife edge whatever, do the right thing or lose me as a customer. If money is the only F*cking thing you care about listen to that. To me it is football, blue shirts, two goals and 90 minutes...but I will stop because you selfish c*nts will kill my club, and you'll kill all I love about it.

Please in the name of love piss off.

Last edited:
Not bad for someone who was pissed off their face...:icon_lol:

Unfortunately I have to go back to work in a bit and I am still drunk.:icon_redf

OK, going back a few pages here, but I want to know how the feck anyone can spend HALF A MILLION pounds on due diligence. Does MM use the former Enron accountants or something? How many people for how many hours does it take to throroughly get a handle on the finances of a medium-sized English football club? Apparently a few thousand of each at that price.

Utterly unbelievable!

OK, going back a few pages here, but I want to know how the feck anyone can spend HALF A MILLION pounds on due diligence. Does MM use the former Enron accountants or something? How many people for how many hours does it take to throroughly get a handle on the finances of a medium-sized English football club? Apparently a few thousand of each at that price.

Utterly unbelievable!
If he's using a top accountancy firm and solicitors who are all demanding in excess of over £100, possibly £200 per hour each for a month it will soon mount up, there will have been things that need investigating further and require a phone call or a letter to MM, there's another £100 just for the contact.

It will soon mount up, but I was shocked at £500,000 but I guesss it's more than possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69