Bbc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you then? I've heard a rumour Mr Mandaric has a huge stack of cash he wants to spend on us and quickly too!:icon_wink

And that stack of cash will be earning comparitively less than he would horpe to achieve by buying/owning a football club.

There's no reason to think that £25M is not still the total figure involved. It has always been clear that this isn't the amount to be actually paid for the shares of the club; it is the overall figure that he would wish to spend. As the Mercury article states, it now looks likely that it will be shared out differently but there is no suggestion that the total amount of the package has been changed.

If his investment totals £25 million I will eat my hat.

If his investment totals £25 million I will eat my hat.

I note your juxta-positioning of the words 'his' and 'investment''. This is presumably to underscore the fact that it will not actually be his money he is investing.

I don't think anybody has ever thought that he will be investing £25 of his own money. All the indications have been of a total package of £25 million and as that has been the only indication thus far, I think it is fair enough to state it.

Exactly how I feel, maybe a tad less bitterness towards the FT and more towards the idiots that don't want to give up their egos

They saved the club, and are now on the verge of destroying it. Get out now, you're loving it to death

Yes Melton, I guess you are right about all that.

I do realise when it comes to the crunch that the FT have only been the cat's paws for more significant interest groups.

What really riles me about them though is that they inferred that there might be other viable options. There might have been !!!! - but in reality there were absolutely none.

I truly believe that the MM takeover will abort and in that eventuality that we will be either back in administration or in League 1 or both by August 2008.

I say this because if the MM takeover aborts there is going to be a massive adverse reaction in terms of future ST sales.

Yes Melton, I guess you are right about all that.

I do realise when it comes to the crunch that the FT have only been the cat's paws for more significant interest groups.

What really riles me about them though is that they inferred that there might be other viable options. There might have been !!!! - but in reality there were absolutely none.

I truly believe that the MM takeover will abort and in that eventuality that we will be either back in administration or in League 1 or both by August 2008.

I say this because if the MM takeover aborts there is going to be a massive adverse reaction in terms of future ST sales.

The pedants won't like that. You watch! :icon_wink

I guess if he takes on the stadium debt he is sticking his neck on the line to the tune of about £25 million. It isn't an actual cash bid, but he will be liable for the debts of £17 Million and with the purchase of the shares at £6 million we're not far off that magical number.

I note your juxta-positioning of the words 'his' and 'investment''. This is presumably to underscore the fact that it will not actually be his money he is investing.

I don't think anybody has ever thought that he will be investing £25 of his own money. All the indications have been of a total package of £25 million and as that has been the only indication thus far, I think it is fair enough to state it.

All right then, I will eat my hat if the total package is £25 million. I would be very surprised if it was more than half that TBH.

Yes - when even people like Bill Anderson have smelt the coffee then we know how desparately we need MM.!

Why do you believe him when the basis of his continued PR campaign for MM quotes this £25m figure. Never was, never will be, we wish he would stop mis-leading the fans by using it

I am so pessimistic now and feel great bitterness towards the likes of the Foxes Trust who had such mean spirits that they couldn't bring themselves to declare that the bottom line is that we need MM on board - and instead inferred that there might be other viable options to explore. What a sick joke!

The City board has to look at other options in case the MM deal doesn't happen & ensure there are viable alternatives.

Under a variety of circumstances we would back the MM bid & there have been stages during this process when that has been the case, whether those circumstances are within the written bid when it finally arrives we will have to wait & see.

There's no reason to think that £25M is not still the total figure involved. It has always been clear that this isn't the amount to be actually paid for the shares of the club; it is the overall figure that he would wish to spend. As the Mercury article states, it now looks likely that it will be shared out differently but there is no suggestion that the total amount of the package has been changed.

OK, have a reason, as this doesn't break the takeover panel rules, as it pre-dates the shareholders giving approval to explore.

All shareholders were given a copy of the indictative offer document prior to the November 18th EGM. Having the document in front of me as I type this, there is no mention of a figure of £25m or do any elements involved add up to £25m.

Can we once & for all kill this figure off & wait until the actual bid is revealed.

Why do you believe him when the basis of his continued PR campaign for MM quotes this £25m figure. Never was, never will be, we wish he would stop mis-leading the fans by using it

You mentioned this in the latest issue of The Fox too, I read all/

Its nowhere near £25million in any shape of form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00