Bbc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, the Mercury, the voice of truth and reason. They can hardly say it's information from an MM source if it was, which is my suspicion. To paraphrase Mandy Rice-Davies " they would say that, wouldn't they ".;)

Nor are they likely to say that it was from a club source if it wasn't!

definately!!! be interesting to know the size of the debt

I doubt it's the current debt that has come as a surprise. More likely to be the extra debt we will have after this season, losing 7m parachute, lower crowds again etc.

I dunno, I give up trying to guess what is going on.

I doubt it's the current debt that has come as a surprise. More likely to be the extra debt we will have after this season, losing 7m parachute, lower crowds again etc.

I dunno, I give up trying to guess what is going on.

but surely mm will have taken all these factors into account...but like you say best give up trying to think whats going on :)

If the state of a company could be assessed simply by looking at a set of accounts from Companies House, there would never be a need to do "due diligence". The fact that 'due diligence' is done clearly means that yearly accounts can not be relied upon to show the whole picture.
The audited accounts would show a true and fair view of the state of the finances at the date of the accounts. Due diligence would be in the main to get an idea of what the financial position is now, and to get details of items that are not disclosed in the annual audited accounts - i.e. length of players and directors contracts, full terms and conditions of the Teacher's loan, etc.

but surely mm will have taken all these factors into account...but like you say best give up trying to think whats going on :)

Chances are he thought we'd of budgeted for the losses... we had in a way, but the budget included selling one of our top players.

The club must have been bracing themselves for this, as if there was some info they hadn't revealed it was going to come out at some stage during due dilligence, unless his set of accountants are blind.

I wish we could no one way or the other! All this waiting is doing my head in!

What i find unbelievable is the expense that MM has incurred despite alledgedly owning shares in Portsmouth. I don't believe that he would spend all thsi money on lawyers and accountants without being in the clear. It's just plain stupid.

It could however be stalling tactics. As he said before he was pushed into an early enquiry, maybe he needed teh extra time for one reason or another and is buying time so to speak.

I still feel that this deal will go through. He would of walked away a week or two ago if there were discrepancies.

Maybe he didn't like the arrangement to pay back the stadium debt at a higher rate if we get into the prem.

Last edited:
Shazza, why are you determined to paint MM and the Mercury in the bad light and continually suggest the innocence of our club in all of this.

We are all fully aware that our club has been run by amateurs, it would certainly be no shock for me if MM found things he didn't like during Due Dilliegence.

I'm not dissing your opinions, I'm just curious as to whether you know more than you are letting on because you seem to be trying to get a message across to us without saying the words

It's me being a contrary old bugger! I'm just suggesting if it all goes tits up the fault could just as easily lie with MM as the club. Most posts on here are saying if it does go tits up the fault can only lie with the club - I'm just putting another view.;)

It's me being a contrary old bugger! I'm just suggesting if it all goes tits up the fault could just as easily lie with MM as the club. Most posts on here are saying if it does go tits up the fault can only lie with the club - I'm just putting another view.;)
Ah, the ol' devil's advocate eh? :icon_wink

i agree with you real :038: :038:

I get the impression you want it to RS:102: You have appeared against the MM takeover day One,I might be wrong but its just the impression I get

the reality is that none of us know ANYTHING! Unless we are board members or MM we have absolutely no idea. It could be any number of factors - including some or none of those raised on this thread. I guess as we are all in the dark until a formal bid comes in (or doesn't) we have to wait and see. But the blame game can't start yet?

Foxpodder

the reality is that none of us know ANYTHING! Unless we are board members or MM we have absolutely no idea. It could be any number of factors - including some or none of those raised on this thread. I guess as we are all in the dark until a formal bid comes in (or doesn't) we have to wait and see. But the blame game can't start yet?

Foxpodder

Agreed

I get the impression you want it to RS:102: You have appeared against the MM takeover day One,I might be wrong but its just the impression I get

I have yet to be convinced he will be good for the club, and I have thought that since day one. If and when he puts his money on the table I will be in a position to judge. People who are expecting the second coming may well be disappointed - I don't think his liquid weath is a large as some ( i.e. Bill Anderson ) are making out.

I have yet to be convinced he will be good for the club, and I have thought that since day one. If and when he puts his money on the table I will be in a position to judge. People who are expecting the second coming may well be disappointed - I don't think his liquid weath is a large as some ( i.e. Bill Anderson ) are making out.

Do you accept that something needs to happen/change and as things stand the club is slowly sinking ?

Do you accept that something needs to happen/change and as things stand the club is slowly sinking ?

Yes, and that is why Andrew Taylor was brought in to try to get additional investment. As he has discovered, and as have the Chairmen of about 86 of the other clubs, there are not that many people out there willing to invest/throw away considerable amounts of money with no promise of a return.

Maybe MM looked at Douglas' and MDV wages and thought i'm not sticking in a million to cover those useless fecks for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669